Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

50 mg 4-HO-MiPT - Experienced - Reality is no more

Cyanoide

Bluelighter
First of all: It was never the intention to take this much 4-HO-MIPT. Bear in mind that 30+ mg is regarded as a very strong dose. I wouldn't advice anyone taking this much unless you are ready for an experience you'll never forget.

I consider myself an experienced psychonaut, especially with tryptamines. Tryptamines tried to date include at least the following, probably forgot some:
4-AcO-Dalt, 4-AcO-DET, 4-AcO-DiPT, 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-DPT, 4-AcO-MiPT, 4-HO-DiPT, 4-HO-DPT, 4-HO-MET, 4-HO-MiPT, 5-MeO-Dalt, 5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-DMT, 5-MeO-MET, 5-MeO-MiPT, DMT, DPT, MET, Psilocybin mushrooms...
As well as other psychedelics including LSD, 2C-C, 2C-E, 2C-I, 25C-NBOMe, 25D-NBOMe, DOB...

---

I was at my friend's place and started with 20 mg orally. However, the only thing that happened was that it produced a slight bodyload which was a bit uncomfortable, but no mental effects. I took it on an empty stomach. After 1,5 hours had passed I decided to take another 10 mg orally. The bodyload increased slightly but nothing else really happened. After another 1,5 hours of waiting I was getting frustrated and thought the batch I had just was very poor. So I decided to snort 20 mg. After snorting it, it took only 10 minutes before all 50 mg hit me. Everything happened very rapidly and I was more or less plunged into the trip.

Everything I saw with open eyes evaporated into something I can only describe as a "fractal smoke". When I watched a chair it looked liked smoke was rising from it, but this "smoke" was an astonishingly beautiful fractal chain that rose from the chair into the whole room and moved and morphed into different chains that glowed with all the colours of the rainbow.

I experienced total out of body experiences several times. I was transported into different places and suddenly realized I was back in the sofa. It felt like I was warped through the wall behind me in another dimension. Several times I asked my friend "where was I just? Was I here? How can I be here, I was just out in the universe, encountering entities like angels". The visual part was so strong it didn't really matter if I closed my eyes or opened them, if I closed my yes and then opened them the same visual would appear with eyes open.

The ego death was quite interesting, I've experienced it several times with other compounds but 4-HO-MiPT really took my mind on a journey away from my body in a very interactive way. I flied across the room "attached" to the fractal chains that were everywhere. I could just touch a chain and ride with it, fly with it. There were some strange personality changes where I took the character of a different human. At one point, with my eyes closed, I was a captain on a ship riding on waves of fractals. I could navigate through fractal landscapes that were more beautiful than words can desribe.

Usually the CEV's of 4-subbed tryptamines follow a certain pattern that then morphs and changes. However my CEV's when peaking were more of a concrete object in nature than just caleidoscopic colours and patterns. There were entities, humans, angels, universes, planets, but all were made up of fractals. The fractals were just so strong they formed clearly recognizable objects, not just beautiful patterns, shapes and colours.
When I breathed out, I could see my breath as this fractal chain that rose from my nose or mouth and spread into the room, filling it with my breath. Every sense was warped. Music was clearly visible and I had fun manipulating the music by dragging it out of the speakers.

My friend didn't continue after taking 10 mg orally so he told me some things I can't recall. I did lose my capacity to communicate at times and basically just mumbled a lot. Occassionally there were moments I was able to speak. The trip lasted very long, with a dose this high the trip lasted for 7-8 hours and faded away slowly. There was no chance to get any sleep for many many hours and I was thinking if I should just knock myself out with Seroquel to at least get some sleep. However I've once done this before and it feels very nasty to interrupt a trip, especially as the trip was enjoyable. It was just that I was starting to feel mentally fatigued as the extremely intense plateau lasted for so many hours. I took one beta blocker because my blood pressure had gone up to the point where I felt an uncomfortable pressure in my chest. It was long into the next day before there was any resemblence of being sober.

To date this is my stongest trip on "only" one compund. I've had a stronger experience with the combination of 1100mcg 25C-NBOMe + 100 mg 4-HO-DPT + 100 mg MXE. But on a single drug, I've never had a stronger trip (apart maybe from DMT and 5-MeO-DMT but they are "short bursts" into hyperspace, while I was in hyperspace for hours on this trip). My strongest acid trips couldn't match this experience. I'd say some of my strongest LSD trips would come quite close regarding the mental and spiritual aspect, but the visual experience is rivalled by none. It was the most visual trip ever and I don't know if I've ever experience anything like it. While I intensely like 4-HO-MiPT I would never take such a high dose again. The feeling I was left with was that I've seen it all with 4-HO-MiPT regarding high doses. My thought was this compound can't take me any further.

Also, I don't know why this particular batch of 4-HO-MIPT "behaved" like this. 20 mg is a moderately strong dose and should definitely have kicked in after 1,5 hours on an empty stomach.

I will definitely trip on 4-HO-MiPT again but at more moderate doses. Extremely strong trips have the downside of being hard to integrate afterwards. It almost feels like it was a dream, too surreal to give much spiritual and introspective insight. I like strong trips but when you cross a certain border the whole experience somehow becomes detached from you. It's not "me" tripping anymore, it's more like "I" observe things but am not really experiencing them.
Regarding 4-HO-MiPT, in some ways for me it's a bit like "a spiritual version of 4-HO-MET". Both are quite energetic (4-HO-MET more so), very visual, but 4-HO-MET lacks the depth I want when tripping.

Nice report -- intriguing experience. I wonder if maybe you were not responding to the oral dosage, and almost the entire trip was due to the nasal 20 mg? I think it's plausible that you are simply very sensitive to intranasal miprocin but insensitive to oral. Doesn't make sense that it would all hit you like a train, over 3 hours after taking the first dose.

Yes, I find it very strange too. However, previous 20-25 mg experiences with 4-HO-MiPT have been nowhere close this intensity. They have been moderately strong trips so the fault is not in the previous batches. I can't believe 20 mg alone would produce this kind of effect, so the oral doses must have been effective to some extent. Also, my friend only got barely noticeable effects from 10 mg, and wasn't sure if it was placebo or not.

Also, all other 4-subs work great orally (although I admit I have a snorting fetish and usually snort if possible...).

But it is indeed true that tryptamines insufflated produce stronger effects in me than most other people, and likewise oral doses produce weaker effects than in other people. However miprocin does work orally with 30 mg (my total oral dose on this trip) quite strongely otherwise, so this is a tricky one. Or then there were impurities in the batch, with different concentrations of miprocin in the doses? Not an impossible idea IMO.

hello! thank you for your trip report, i really liked reading it...

that was a big dose you took, no doubt. the timeline is strange too... not only because it took so long for the oral dose to manifest, or that when it finally did, it combined with the nasal that strongly.. but also the overall duration of it is quite astounding, not to mention a lot seems to have been in the plateau phase... even more so with a -ho tryptamine

for me, tryptamines have a variability in the time they take to effect (4 subs more so than the (little) more predictable 5subs). ive had effects after 30-45 minutes, and other times after 2+ hours in, all under similar circumstances... but then again, its quite hard to predict just how my insides look and work when i swallow powders. it would need a lot more trial and error to know beforehand how long it takes... i cant comment on the nasal route, having only used simple tryptamines that roa.

also id like to mention that you seem to be a monolith of calm :) with such an overwhelming trip about you, you seem to be rather tranquil throughout. most awesome. i know some coulndt handle it for sure.

how was it the next day? besides feeling tired (as i assume you were)?

hello! thank you for your trip report, i really liked reading it...

that was a big dose you took, no doubt. the timeline is strange too... not only because it took so long for the oral dose to manifest, or that when it finally did, it combined with the nasal that strongly.. but also the overall duration of it is quite astounding, not to mention a lot seems to have been in the plateau phase... even more so with a -ho tryptamine

for me, tryptamines have a variability in the time they take to effect (4 subs more so than the (little) more predictable 5subs). ive had effects after 30-45 minutes, and other times after 2+ hours in, all under similar circumstances... but then again, its quite hard to predict just how my insides look and work when i swallow powders. it would need a lot more trial and error to know beforehand how long it takes... i cant comment on the nasal route, having only used simple tryptamines that roa.

also id like to mention that you seem to be a monolith of calm :) with such an overwhelming trip about you, you seem to be rather tranquil throughout. most awesome. i know some coulndt handle it for sure.

how was it the next day? besides feeling tired (as i assume you were)?

Indeed, the time line is strange and have left me pondering what could have caused the anomalities, but I have enough experience of 4-HO-MiPT to know it definitely was the compound. No 20-30 mg trip has ever come close to this trip however.

I usually insufflate 4-subbed tryptamines, and they tend to kick in after about 15 minutes. The exeption is 4-HO-DPT which kicks in in less than a minute. 5-MeO's I don't use at all because they produce a horrible bodyload.

I felt both mentally and physically fatigued the day after. 4-HO-MiPT is energetic and puts some strain on your heart and blood pressure in higher doses. So I felt quite drained to be honest.

I experienced total out of body experiences several times. I was transported into different places and suddenly realized I was back in the sofa. It felt like I was warped through the wall behind me in another dimension.

When I breathed out, I could see my breath as this fractal chain that rose from my nose or mouth and spread into the room

Nice.

Mby one batch was fumarate and another HCL?

Not sure if this effects the come up time, but I know it does the dose by about 1/3. Mby this is has something to do with it?

(assuming you can get 4-HO-MiPT in HCL as I've only ever seen in in fumarate if it's gone deeper then just 4-HO-MiPT on the label)

I've had the same thing occur, 4HO-MiPT that only began peaking after 2,5hours.
This was on a nearly empty stomach.

OP: What a trip.. I love 4HO-MiPT. Your comparison to 4HO-MET is correct, although I love that compound fo a home party with a few friends. Like MDMA but with more color and less hangover. :)