• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 50-70mg Oxy withdrawal. Help

BeeStingg

Greenlighter
Hi,

this is my first post, not quite sure how things work on here but I need some help/support. I’ve been using Oxys for about 3 years now. Started on norco, low dose and gradually made my way up to 50-70mg Oxy a day. I take them orally and idk if it is important to note or not, but I was reason I started was due to a major surgery I had a few years ago. My prescription ended but I found alternative ways to get what I needed. Nonetheless, I ran out today (it’s been 18hrs since last dose.) ideally I want to stop but I’m scared and don’t know what to expect. I can get more oxy if it is recommended that I try to ween off. But honestly, I don’t know if I can control myself to tapper. Any advice would be helpful. I have kratom and I’ve started already (10g dose 1 time so far). I’m doing alright so far but idk how the night and tomorrow will be. I have Imodium as well but don’t think I should take it until I start cramping. Unless you think otherwise? Please let me know. I just need some help. Should I go to an urgent care doc and try to get something to help me sleep? I really don’t know what to expect. Thanks

Last edited:
It will be hard to sleep and you will get restless, cold chills, and may have gastric problems(diarrhea) . The Imodium will help that . I would not go to the urgent care, they won’t do anything to help you . Gabapentin is known to help with withdrawals if you can get any of that from a “friend” . Hot showers and baths help with the restlessness. It’s hard I always cave in like the third or fourth day of no sleep and the restless legs drive me crazy . Guess it just depends if you are really committed to stopping if not then try to find some more oxy .

Get clonidine and benzos if possible. You will be sick but by day 3 will start to feel better