• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MeO-DALT & possible pharm interferences? Possible interaction w/ 3-MeO-PCP?

AlphaOdure

Bluelighter
Looking for any input/experiences on some following issues. Having no prior experience w/ 5-MeO-DALT (& having not tripped for years) I am planning on taking 45mg of 5-MeO-DALT (although have additional 45mg available--pellet form) and have some questions about its effects being interfered with by the following pharms/substances:
  • Buprenorphine 2mg taken 2x day (morn/night)--should I take 5-MeO-DALT before my morning 2mg buprenorphine dosage? Or, just prior to my 2mg bedtime dose?
  • Gabapentin, 900mg daily (300mg 3x day)--can abstain if needed.
  • Depakote/valproic acid 750mg nightly (can abstain--but only channel blocker, to my knowledge doesn't interact w/ serotonin receptors?)
  • Etizolam 10mg/day (may reduce this and/or take the 5-MeO-DALT before dosing any daily etizolam; if i don't take any etizolam for a good 12 hours should this be sufficient, despite tolerance? then dose during trip if need be?)
  • Phenibut -- occasionally, anywhere from 500mg-6000mg/night
  • OTC night meds taken occasionally- melatonin, 5HTP
  • Alcohol (will be camping, so will always be around--easily avoidable if need be)

Also- as noted, I will be camping (middle of nowhere/no people nowhere other than us type of camping); I prefer tryptamines during the day/morning for maximum visual effects & typical tryptamine-introspection. But as i've read, this drug lacks the visual effect at low to moderate doses and is more of a social/euphoric, pseudo-MDMA type indole (don't mean to oversimplify this comparison, but for lack of a better term?). Or would it be preferable to dose during the evening to aid in conversation w/ friends during camping outing?

NOTE: i have extensive past experience w/ LSD, 4-Ho-DIPT, 5-meo-AMT, LSD, 2C-C, mushrooms--i haven't tripped since i started hard drugs & subsequently since i got clean & on buprenorphine therapy in '07; i would like to use 5-meo-dalt as perhaps a dual purpose tool: either a psychological therapeutic aid or a social adjacent my camping affair or both.

3-MeO-PCP Combination?
I have a stash of 700mg of this; i find it hit and miss, sometimes it puts me in a confused state afterwards. Other times its sedating, euphoric, & sociable.. i feel the latter would be the case during a camping outing around people i'm comfortable with in a comfortable setting (been camping in same area for decades). Would a combination be nice? Any experiences? i find 3-8mg of this stuff by itself IM'd sufficient (& the best ROA), not too overbearing. Given 5-MeO-DALT's short duration--if i decide to combine--should an IM dose be alright during/after DALT's peak? Or should the 5-MeO-DALT be dosed during the 3-MeO-PCP peak?

Last edited:
Also- i've read that 5-meo-DALT can have diminished effects on a full stomach & should be taken on an empty stomach. How long does it take for one's stomach to be "empty"--could I wait a good 6 hours for example? Or just basically should I just not dose after any meals?

I ask this b/c I believe i'll have to dose the 5-meo in the evening, I wont be able to postpone my morning 2mg buprenorphine & 4mg etizolam--i'll just wait until 10-12 hours after these morning doses, taking the 5-meo in the evening w/ hopefully little-to-no diminished effect. (then take my evening 2mg buprenorphine & evening-as-needed etizolam during the 5-meo come-down)

I'd still like some input on where/how/when to gauge adding 3-meo-pcp to the experience (w/ the primary experience being the 5-meo, w/ the 3-meo-pcp just added on--plan to IM 2-8mg)

Does this seem like a plan?

Any advice on anything? experiences? Any input on any single item? Any answers are well appreciated in advance

5-MEO-DALT is very flippin potent and dissociating.. It feels like a toxin, stay away... I had 5 grams of it, the only way it was ever fun was when I smoked it on ganja.. I threw away all of it after just two trips, one oral overdose and one insuffilated.. Freebasing 5-MEO-DALT with it as a hcl salt is the only way to achieve nice level 2-3 shroom with a lot less mental fog.. Mostly visual, the only hallucinogenic I've ever felt sexually capable on.. Yes smoking the salt is a waste but you don't want all the power of 5-MEO-DALT.. I lived another life and died, reborn from a strong mind. Stay safe, stay informed..

sEyEkuhDeLiK said:
I had 5 grams of it, the only way it was ever fun was when I smoked it on ganja.. I threw away all of it after just two trips, one oral overdose and one insuffilated..
What were your doses for insufflation & oral?

And any input on my original OP questions? I appreciate your input nonetheless on 5-MeO-DALT i suppose; but reading through the two "big-and-dandy" threads seemed to indicate this substance as a very non-pushy, sociable tryptamine on average--not to say it may affect some to their detriment such as was the case w/ you. & for my buck, i've always enjoyed tryptamines over phenethylamines anyway. It'd be nice to have a sociable, chill, not pushy tryp to use while camping.

But my main concern isn't whether i should or shouldn't--thats not really a question to ask here (although i don't mind general feedback on people's opinions on the stuff). my main concern is how i should dose it around my current medications and how/if I should incorporate 3-MeO-PCP into the picture?

Oral dose was eyeballed(worse idea ever with potent substances) at half a 00 size capsule full so roughly 100-300mgs.. I sniffed maybe 50mgs or so. I did two very small lines, very small.. I did a second line before I got to the absolute horizon/almost peaking, the second line made me purge like it was ayahusca. If it weren't for the purge it probably would have been enjoyable. All other trips were smoking it on weed, and it was like crack, up tripping for days.

All those meds will be ok if that's what you take habitually although you won't want to drink alcohol while tripping on 5-MEO-DALT..

If you've already decided than embrace yourself for a very fast acting tryptamine. Do not add a dissociate derivative with 5-MeO-DALT..

Stay safe, stay informed.

sEyEkuhDeLiK said:
Oral dose was eyeballed(worse idea ever with potent substances) at half a 00 size capsule full so roughly 100-300mgs..

That is an incredibly toxic dose, to quote you. Even though we have no LD50 data, i could see how you'd interpret it as "toxic" substance.. which is why i asked you for your dosage =D

As i said, i'm merely looking for a nice, chill, tryptamine to utilize in social situation during an upcoming camping trip. Nothing too inebriating like mushrooms or some newer RC's (although, low dose mushrooms would be OK i suppose, but would like to try this one out). Phenethylamines never suited me as well as say iprocin (4-ho-DiPT) or mushrooms did (although they were still enjoyable nonetheless). & stimulatory PEA's like MDMA & MDA were just, meh :| the entactogenic effects were okay, but, I could get that w/ low dose psychedelics; so i'm left w/ the the stimulation.. if want both- i could just combine low-dose tryp's w/ a stim; or for just stimulation, for half the dime get a bag meth! Just my thoughts.

sEyEkuhDeLiK said:
All those meds will be ok if that's what you take habitually
I'd assume so, aside from the CNS depressants? I think i should space out my 2mg buprenorphine taken 2x day morn/night; & etizolam 1-5mg, taken 3-4x daily (dosage amount given the circumstance--i take 10-20mg/day, which i'm tolerant to)... shouldn't I not space out any psychedelic use as far out as possible inbetween taking these meds?

& not sure on the gabapentin.. but i'll abstain anyway.

The alcohol I was planning on abstaining from anyway during the majority of the trip and the entire 12-24 hours before anyway (not a big drinker anyway)

Do not add a dissociate derivative with 5-MeO-DALT..

I may wait till I acclimate myself to 5-MeO-DALT's nature before adding in small doses of 3-MeO-PCP; however, the big-dandy threads make very positive references to this combination (although, dosage and dosage-control is absolutely fucking integral w/ 3-MeO-PCP, which i do regulate very closely).

I may end up IM'ing 6-8mg of 3-MeO-PCP if the 45mg of the 5-MeO-DALT is proving inadequate and/or insufficient for my psyche's needs after the 3 hour point. Although, despite my extensive hallucinogen career... I haven't tripped (aside from dissociatives) in about 8-9 years since getting clean from opioids/heroin & on bupe therapy (clean since '07) & have just now felt in the right headspace; and at that, when i did trip--i was always a non-hardhead tripper; especially w/ DMTs (psilocybin for example)--I was always a lightweight, no matter how often I'd trip (not including tolerance). So i'm hoping 45mg should put me where i want to be.

45mg of 5-MEO-DALT is too much for the average person, I don't even think Shulgin even went that high in mgs, his groups stayed under 21mgs. Best advice I can give you, I dunno your ROA but do half of it before you decide to take more and WAIT at least 10-15 minutes. 5-MeO-DALT is such a roller-coaster regardless of how you take it, as I stated before the best experiences were smoking the hcl salt with weed. Stay safe, stay informed.

P.S Make sure you are very well hydrated.

3-MeO-PCP is a Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor, I recall there have been some bad reactions when combining SRIs with 5-MeO-DALT (and other 5-MeO tryptamines) in the past so I'd be wary of the combo.

45mg of 5-MEO-DALT is too much for the average person, I don't even think Shulgin even went that high in mgs, his groups stayed under 21mgs. Best advice I can give you, I dunno your ROA but do half of it before you decide to take more and WAIT at least 10-15 minutes. 5-MeO-DALT is such a roller-coaster regardless of how you take it, as I stated before the best experiences were smoking the hcl salt with weed.

Shulgin used 12-21mg if i'm not mistaken, but, also had minor/exploratory effects--and also, i've read on here that little effects are felt, on average, at anywhere around these levels.. usually requiring around 30mg+ orally. IMO- don't you think you may perhaps be having a bias yourself due to your own experience w/ close to 300mg?

I may cut it down to ~30mg (would have to cut the pellet in quarters & take 3/4, ~33mg-ish) ...i've never acquired "pellet" formulas before so I don't know if its a capsule w/ raw substance or a pressed pellet w/ the usual binders--if so, vaping is out of question.. either way, i'd rather a typical trip rather than "psychedelic crack" as its been referred.

But the reason I chose 45mg to be adequate is b/c the two CNS depressants i take may damper the trip/effects, even though i will try to space out dosing these pharms 8-12 hrs before dosing the -DALT. To reiterate, i take buprenorphine/subutex (4mg/day- 2mg 2x day) & etizolam (a benzo-derivative, a thienodiazepine) 1-5mg, 3-4x a day, depending on circumstances. But i'm guessing i'll likely need a few mg's of the etizolam during the come up anyway, although i'll abstain for a good 6-8 hours prior trip & use as needed during the trip. at least that's the plan.

3-MeO-PCP is a Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor, I recall there have been some bad reactions when combining SRIs with 5-MeO-DALT (and other 5-MeO tryptamines) in the past so I'd be wary of the combo.

Yes, so i've heard w/ the SRI activity; but heard good things w/ the NMDAr antagonism+5HT2a agonism (and/or other possible serotoninergic subunits w/ -DALT)? But will take your advice. However, JG.. what if i'm getting zero-to-little effects at hour 2.5-3? And decide to "boost" w/ 3-MeO-PCP? I really don't think that would risk serotonin syndrome or anything, would you?

Also, if you don't mind JG- would you be able to comment on any of my original OP questions? should I try to space out my -DALT dose in between buprenorphine & etizolam intake as far as possible i'm assuming? & w/ a 10-20mg etizolam tolerance, wouldn't this warrant higher doses to "overcome" the benzo-derivative/thienodiazepine intake? 45mg sounds adequate for the set, setting i'd assume--w/ spacing out previous etizolam dosages as far out as possible (6-8 hrs probably?)--then taking during trip as needed at much lower doses (0.5-1.5mg tops; when I can normally take up to 4-5mg), eh?
:?

I ended up doing a trial run w/ this substance, at best to acclimate myself to tryptamines again, as i plan on IM'ing a hefty dose of 4-Ho-MiPT ina few weeks; and may even mix a small tad of the -DALT. Anyway, i dosed 33mg, then around T+1.30-T+2.00 dosed another 12mg (45mg total).

I found it underwhelming, socializing was easy, not-pushy, tryptamine headspace & over interest in simple things/events; visual activity was really color enhancement & more detailed characteristics in objects that were not there (swirls and small patterns in my grandfather's face, for example). All in all, though, it was very anxiolytic; as able to not dose any etizolam for the full 5 hours. Had on empty stomach. Nothing compared to 25mg of 4-ho-MiPT though!

About 6 hr prior to the trip I did dose around 7-10mg of etizolam, though; and 7 hour prior i dosed my usual 2mg buprenorphine. I did

I find a very small IM'd dose of 3-MeO-PCP (2-6mg, no more than 10mg) to be very uplifting, anxiolytic, not-very-disorientating (unless attention to extreme detail is needed, aka, work) and very sociable.. in its own "dissociative"-esk type of way. I did do around 8mg around T+4.30.. provided slight uplift.. added a bit to some visuals. No need for my evening buprenorphine dose & only used a good 2-4mg of etizolam rest of the night (which is low for me)

Would repeat, but only at 45mg at once w/ friends.. not looking for a full-head on trip... or to mix w/ another tryptamine during the peak.. as i have a 45mg pellet left (weights 250mg, so i think smoking it is outta the quest 8) )