• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

.5 liter WGFJ and 60mg Valium. Nothing.

Speed King

Bluelighter
I am new to boosting Valium with white grape fruit juice. I poked around the site and decided to drink a liter of White Grapefruit Juice, waited close to 50 minutes. Swallowed 60 Mg of Valium. I have waited at least 45 minutes and have not noticed anything. Earlier I ate A Percocet 5/325. I ont know what's up? Any ideas?

I've had the most success when taking something to neutralize stomach ph also (baking soda/milk, or cimetidine) prior to dosing.

I hope I didn't blow the fucking Valium. I don't think it's a waste per se, but I'll remember that for next time. Thanks for the clarification.

Its a load of crap read the diazepam info leaflet in the box ive tried and tested this too apparantely its down to the dosage as the grapefruit juice increases your volume so it says but dont worry you will 100% still get the valium buzz

Hey SpeedKing. Don't be expecting a mind-blowing experience from Grape Fruit potentiation. I've tried it with Methadone in the past, for which it is supposedly effective and was really let down by the lack of perceived effects. I can only imagine potentiating other drugs would be a similarly lackluster experience. I doubt you did anything wrong, it's just not an extremely potent combination.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3633708/

An excellent review on GFJ and drug interactions. My guesses as to why it didnt work are GFJ has really only been shown to inhibit CYP3A4 for clinically relevant interactions and Valium has multiple biotransformation pathways or the constituates or other factors affecting the GFJ are at play. Timing may be an issue as well.

Thanks for the replies. I read a pub med article on this subject and white grapefruit juice was proven to be a way to do it. Tagamet has an effect for sure. I will only try this for use on special, once in a blue moon events like family gatherings or Christmas. Kittycat5, thanks for the link. I have not gone through all 365 pages yet, lol, but I will review the text.
This store by me sells bergamot oil(pure) for use in one of those mist machines. I am keeping that in the back of my head. Thank you all for the clarification. I will definately keep it in mind.