• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 5 htp with Oxycodone?

cripkeeper

Bluelighter
I have used 5 htp on its own as a supplement, and in combination with a few recreational substances. Both of which with success.

I find it compliments weed well, and I find it balances out Vyvanse/Adderall very nicely.

I haven't noticed much, as least any real benefits with Hydrocodone or Oxy really however. Increased sedation definitely, but not much else.

I know there are threads covering 5 htp by itself and with weed, speed, and a few others but am not finding much on combination with opioid.

I'd be interested in anyone who has experience in this area. Thanks!

5HTP is a serotonin agonist while oxy doesn't have any 5ht affinity at all.
Oxy, and all opioids including such things as loperamide, increase free serotonin levels even if they dont interact directly with 5HT receptors.

This increases risk of such things as serotonin syndrome, of which all opioids have been implicated in, especially around things such as 5 HTP.

Oxy, and all opioids including such things as loperamide, increase free serotonin levels even if they dont interact directly with 5HT receptors.

This increases risk of such things as serotonin syndrome, of which all opioids have been implicated in, especially around things such as 5 HTP.
Yes that is why I linked the study above

So as I thought it's all the serotonin action that mellows out the Vyvanse, which for me is important and definitely makes it more enjoyable but also productive.