• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 5-HTP and L-Theanine fixed me

delphinen

Bluelighter
Please listen to me, I have always posted about how bad and depressed I was because of my benzo addiction and how I was in pain and need either Tramadol, Codeine, Lyrica, SOMA, or a combination of these drugs.

Yesterday while randomly shopping at the pharmacy I found this:
600.jpg

It's an Argentinian product from a North American lab that has 20 capsules of:
Vitamin B6 10mg
5-HTP 50mg
L-Theanine 50mg

Now, I have tried lots of drugs, but never these psychoactive supplements. Yesterday night I did 3 capsules of this product (150mg of 5-HTP and L-Theanine). I felt very tired really fast, but not in a bad way, it is hard to explain. So I went to bed to watch a little YouTube video... I passed out very naturally and wasn't able to watch the video nor setup the Android Sleep alarm. HOWEVER, I got a 4 hours DEEP SLEEP that made me wake up super happy and full of energy. I soon began working with the computer and listen to music, which sounds godlike.
All I'm drinking since I woke up is a Baggio Apple juice of 1lt.

I'm not exaggerating at all; I kinda know what 5-HTP and L-Theanine are but.. WOW, I never expected this. I haven't feel this happy, determined, and good since... I don't even remember. Can someone explain me why this is happening?

Last edited:
If this continues to be beneficial, buying 5HTP and L-theanine in bulk, along with some strong B6 tablets, would probably save you lots of money...and allow you to dose higher.

I used to take 3 grams of L-tryptofan daily and it definitely was psychoactive, so i guess supplements like this do really work. Although 50/50/10mgs in one pill isn't much. Maybe you are like oversensitive to it.

BTW is Pharmamerica a trustworthy manufacturer? Could there possibly be some unlabeled stuff in those pills?

About the B6 vitamin, I have read in some sites, even in BL, that it is harmful to mix it with 5-HTP or L-Theanine, don't remember which; it is weird that a pharm company would include specially B6 of all vitamins if it is harmful right? however:
Bluelight Crew said:
5-HTP is converted to serotonin in the body. Not limited to the brain, but the gut, liver, blood stream etc...

Free serotonin in the blood is bad for you, activated peripheral 5-HT2B (serotonin) receptors is what made diet pills cardiotoxic.

B6 is a co-factor in the metabolism of 5-HTP to serotonin.

Taking more B6 increases the rate of this reaction. It will probably increase the reaction most in the gut, 2ndly in the liver, 3rdly in the blood and last in the brain (i.e. the order in which the vitamin is absorbed and distributed).

Therefore, taking B6 with 5-HTP increases the amount of 5-HTP converted to serotonin outside the brain (i.e. gut, liver and blood). This is bad. It could just mean you waste the 5-HTP, and are more likely to get gastrointestinal side effects... however, it could also be bad for your heart.

No one knows the answer to these maybes.

Conclusion: There is no advantage to taking 5-HTP with B6

Anyway, I will keep dosing on them, specially when I want to sleep (nap or night sleep). Also, if you read correctly, I have taken 3 capsules of this stuff, meaning it was 150/150/30.

Second day. Yesterday I toook about 350mg of L-Theanine/5-HTP/70mg Vitamin B6, and again, slept beautifully, without interruptions with a repairing rest. I woke up on time thanks to the cellphone alarm (in the past sometimes I wasn't even to hear it), but with a HUGE headache, which honestly worried me at first, but quickly become a really minor headache that is almost gone. I still didn't take or drink anything,

At nights you can try "Relax Noche" (5-htp + Passiflora incarnata L. + Tilo extracto + Valeriana).

i was looking for pills like that and found here Relax Dia and Noche too! i will buy soon after reading this!

thanks