View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-aco-dmt - Bufotenine analog

hamhurricane

Bluelighter
It seems this may have made an appearance.
The ongoing debate regarding bufotenine's utility as a psychedelic has always fascinated me [not to mention all of the insanity regarding the user Anadenanthera a few months back]

From a chemical standpoint bufotenine is closers in structure to serotonin than any other known psychedelic (correct?) and there are some reports on this substance that have continued to pique my curiosity. perhaps the acetylated form would have fewer toxic side effects, especially if administered in such a way as to allow the acetoxy group to hit the receptor unscathed (IV for example.)

Any thoughts on, or experiences with 5-aco-dmt?

Last edited:
yeah, it's sort of dimethylserotonin. But then again, any 5-hydroxy will be just as close.

I still sort of think that any other ring substitution besides 4-hydroxy is worse than the unsubbed chem (ie: chain subs are generally good, but besides 4-ho, there aren't many good ring substitutions)

^^^
I have have my issues with 5-meo-dmt and i have yet to work with 5-meo-mipt, but the 5-methoxy substitution is certainly considered worthwhile by many.

Ham-milton said:
yeah, it's sort of dimethylserotonin. But then again, any 5-hydroxy will be just as close.

I still sort of think that any other ring substitution besides 4-hydroxy is worse than the unsubbed chem (ie: chain subs are generally good, but besides 4-ho, there aren't many good ring substitutions)

So you've had 5-Aco-DMT? What was it like?

hamhurricane said:
^^^
I have have my issues with 5-meo-dmt and i have yet to work with 5-meo-mipt, but the 5-methoxy substitution is certainly considered worthwhile by many.

5-meo-mipt is AMAZING! just had it last night at 15mg orally + 5mg nasally.
two thumbs way up! i was surprised. =D

sorry for the off-topic, guys... just had to post this.

There is another substance that is as close to serotonin as bufotenin, a,O-dimethylserotonin aka 5-MeO-AMT, which, as we all know, is utter toxic shit, so I suppose being close to serotonin chemically isn't really an indicator of anything. Bufotenin is also argued to have quite a few toxic side-effects, but it still seems interesting enough for me to want to try it at least once. The acetylated version might indeed be even better.

I'm really curious to hear anything at all about this.

I imagine a propensity towards seratonergic peripheral effects.....

So hurricane of cured pig muscle, you say it's made an appearance? Well then, surely someone must know something. Out with it then!

The bufotenine debate makes me so curious its maddening, if someone could just figure this out it would open the door for every single 4-hydroxylated tryptamine to become a bufotenine analog. The possibilities are enormous and since bufotenine seems, experientially not chemically, to be the bridge between psilocin and DMT (medium duration high intensity) it could really be quite interesting.

but also due to reports of 4-ho-nmt's inactivity im beging to question Ott's judgement...the plot thickens.

Until someone comes up with a few grand and has it synthed no one will ever know. Seems dangerous and unworthy while so I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Any reckless rich guys out there???????

I was just about to make a new thread asking the same question ... is this stuff as unappetizing as it sounds? (Is bufotenine? I've never tried that either. In related news I'm considering getting a toad as a pet but that is another issue entirely.) So I bumped this.

Sounds like the closer in structure to serotonin, the more toxic it feels. So perhaps 5-aco-dmt will be a bit less toxic than bufotenine?

i would imagine but i talked to nichols about it and he thought it would immediately be converted into 4-ho and thus be pharmacologically identical, but i know this is a subject of much debate...
but yes it it can cross the BBB 5-pro-dmt might be even better

is anything known about 5-ho-nmt, that is as close to serotonin as possible!