• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

5,6-Dimethoxy-2,3-dihydro-1H-inden-2-amine

U

unregistered user

So I was wondering if some of you guys have any information on this substance, all I could find was that it's functions include selective dopamine D3 ligand, beta-3 selective adrenergic agent and antagonist or inverse agonist on opioid receptors.

I think this sounds like an interesting substance, so the pharmacological experts amongst you, please tell the stupid(me) what this means.

Can it for exaple be used to treat drug addiction [dopamine D3 receptor ... apparently mediates selective effects on motivation to take drugs and drug-seeking behaviors .., considerable interest on the possible use of D3 receptor ligands to treat drug addiction] or hypertermia(?)[selective antagonist of the b3 adrenergic receptor has been shown to block the hyperthermia produced by MDMA in animal studies] or an opioid overdose [like naloxone or naltrexone]?

(sorry for spelling errors etc. english is not my first language)

Without any info on the compound's binding affinities there is little concrete info we could give.

D3 receptor antagonists are used as antipsychotics, beta-3-agonists are used to treat overactive bladders. But you only said "ligand" and "agent", so I take it to mean you do not know whether this stuff would even function as an an agonist or an antagonist in these cases?

If this stuff is to help against opioid overdoses, it needs to bind strongly enough to actually displace opioid agonists from binding; you don't want to have to inject a gram of this stuff into someone. You also don't want an opioid antagonist to be a "dirty drug" that produces undesirable side-effects by acting on several other receptors.

Are you curious about how it would act as a narcan substitute? Or are you just curious as to what it's effects on the body may be? This is definitely not a euphoric drug so I assume your wondering it might be used for.
It doesn't sound like a pleasant experience at all..