• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox 45 hours into opioid "withdrawal"..

AshleaRed

Bluelighter
Still no significant withdrawal synptoms. I mean I feel like shit but I was expecting to feel like I'm dying. Is it possible that this is as bad as it'll get or could it still get worse?

I've been taking 100 mg daily oxycodone for the past year. Managed to taper down to an average of 40-50 mg the last few weeks with 25 being my last daily dose. Is it possible that maybe my use wasn't high enough to experience extreme withdrawals? I'm hoping so but don't want to get my hopes up only for it to get bad when I finally start thinking I'm in the clear. I have anxiety and need to prepare myself.

Also, the only substance I've taken to help is a quarter of a kolonopin last night to sleep but still managed to take a nap yesterday without any "help".

25 being my last daily dose.
Still warrants WDs, IMO.
What I would do is save the clon one may have and give it more time to manifes. If 5 days go by I would think you were in the clear. A year of usage definitely scares my in the WD respect.
Hold on to the clons as long as possible.
One

Still warrants WDs, IMO.
What I would do is save the clon one may have and give it more time to manifes. If 5 days go by I would think you were in the clear. A year of usage definitely scares my in the WD respect.
Hold on to the clons as long as possible.
One
Thanks

If it's been a full two days it should have already hit you by now so maybe you are just getting lucky this time. Thankfully weaning down over the past month cuz if you jumped off at 100mgs it would be a whole other ball game. I'd quit a Hydrocodone habit once whereas by the time I got down to just one pill a day when I ran out I didn't even notice any withdrawal at all but that was like 7.5mgs which is much weaker than 25mgs Oxycodone.

But due to the short acting nature of Oxy you should be in the full grips of withdrawal at this point so it will probably be fine. If you have concerns go and get a bottle of Lopermide and take 16-20mgs perday for like 4-5 days and that would stop any symptoms in their tracks I use it to fight off my Heroin/Bupernorphine withdrawal frequently to great success. But I dunno if you wake up tommorow an it's still managed without don't even bother I guess a huge part of the syndrome is psychological so if you can continue forward with your current mindstate you'll be golden. Good luck and check back in with us.

If it's been a full two days it should have already hit you by now so maybe you are just getting lucky this time. Thankfully weaning down over the past month cuz if you jumped off at 100mgs it would be a whole other ball game. I'd quit a Hydrocodone habit once whereas by the time I got down to just one pill a day when I ran out I didn't even notice any withdrawal at all but that was like 7.5mgs which is much weaker than 25mgs Oxycodone.

But due to the short acting nature of Oxy you should be in the full grips of withdrawal at this point so it will probably be fine. If you have concerns go and get a bottle of Lopermide and take 16-20mgs perday for like 4-5 days and that would stop any symptoms in their tracks I use it to fight off my Heroin/Bupernorphine withdrawal frequently to great success. But I dunno if you wake up tommorow an it's still managed without don't even bother I guess a huge part of the syndrome is psychological so if you can continue forward with your current mindstate you'll be golden. Good luck and check back in with us.
Thank you so much for the advice. I have loperamide just not taking it until absolutely necessary, if at all. Question though, when you stop taking the loperamide, is it true that your withdrawals basically pick up where they left off when you started taking it and also that you'll have a really bad case of the shits?

Well Lopermide when taken daily in large doses most definitely becomes physically addicting as it is an Opioid after all. And yeah the withdrawal from it is primarily related to mainly the GI symptoms for most but one thing it's got going for it is a very long half-life so the withdrawal is milder in comparison to a faster acting opioid. Using just 16-20mgs daily isn't so bad and I doubt you would be even on it long enough to catch a habit with it. Some people take much much larger amounts but this dangerous due to the fact it commonly causes cardiac issues when heavily abused. I've read numerous stories over the years on this forum of people having life complicating issue due to being on 150mgs+ of Lopermide daily for years on end. If you are ever truly looking on steady maintenance it's no it the proper drug for it.

Many years ago whenever I would go above 100mgs of Lopermide I would feel this incredible fatigue and I'm sure it was due to the drug running my body down. Now I never take more than 35-40mgs a day and in general like to keep it closer to the range I suggested you take. Personally I can still take a shit every day or two even when on Immodium and I'm assuming it's because I have a horrible addiction to Opioids right now and a very high tolerance to Heroin/Fent. But even that being said with a combination of Lopermide/Kratom or Bupernorphine/Kratom I'm able to keep the dogs at bay. Usually I shoot,snort or smoke 20 or 30 bags per day and when the gorilla on my back awakes he isn't playing games. Today is like 4 days back on the Bupe/Kratom and I'm only now feeling somewhat human again but that could also be due to the 100mgs of Amphetamine surging through my system today, love it. But taking large dose of Lopermide the first days with those other two made a huge difference.

Well Lopermide when taken daily in large doses most definitely becomes physically addicting as it is an Opioid after all. And yeah the withdrawal from it is primarily related to mainly the GI symptoms for most but one thing it's got going for it is a very long half-life so the withdrawal is milder in comparison to a faster acting opioid. Using just 16-20mgs daily isn't so bad and I doubt you would be even on it long enough to catch a habit with it. Some people take much much larger amounts but this dangerous due to the fact it commonly causes cardiac issues when heavily abused. I've read numerous stories over the years on this forum of people having life complicating issue due to being on 150mgs+ of Lopermide daily for years on end. If you are ever truly looking on steady maintenance it's no it the proper drug for it.

Many years ago whenever I would go above 100mgs of Lopermide I would feel this incredible fatigue and I'm sure it was due to the drug running my body down. Now I never take more than 35-40mgs a day and in general like to keep it closer to the range I suggested you take. Personally I can still take a shit every day or two even when on Immodium and I'm assuming it's because I have a horrible addiction to Opioids right now and a very high tolerance to Heroin/Fent. But even that being said with a combination of Lopermide/Kratom or Bupernorphine/Kratom I'm able to keep the dogs at bay. Usually I shoot,snort or smoke 20 or 30 bags per day and when the gorilla on my back awakes he isn't playing games. Today is like 4 days back on the Bupe/Kratom and I'm only now feeling somewhat human again but that could also be due to the 100mgs of Amphetamine surging through my system today, love it. But taking large dose of Lopermide the first days with those other two made a huge difference.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. Not gonna lie I keep looking at this box of imodium I have sitting here and wanting to take it but I don't feel like I need it since my withdrawals aren't that bad. I think my urge of wanting it comes from the fact that I'm so used to popping pills that alter how I feel. Going two days of not thinking about when the next time I can dose will be or dosing and waiting for a pain pill to kick in is taking some getting used to. I think its more of a psychological thing for me more than a physical need. If that makes any sense.

see how long ya can ct...?
save the good stuff for later.=D
60 hours in. Haven't taken anything other than a quarter of a klonopin the last 2 nights to sleep. Didnt take any tonight though which is why I'm still up at 5 am 🙄 withdrawals still aren't terrible though. Thank God.