• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

40mg Vicodin first time user.

Deathwish123

Greenlighter
Yesterday was my first experience with opiates .I took 20 mg of Vicodin last night and I think it wasn’t enough so I’m upping the dosage to 40mg. I experienced not much effect except maybe a calmer body feeling and some slight tiredness that had gone away after a while (pills are pharma and 100% authentic) So I’m wondering what kind of effect should I expect, I know Vicodins aren’t that strong and they’re the 10/325 so I’m thinking of parachuting all 4 on an emptier stomach today . Any other advice appreciated,Thank you.

You may be a poor metabolizer. Have you ever taken opioids before? Vicodin is not weak by any means, and 40mg is equivalent to about 30mg oxycodone.

With zero tolerance 40mg would produce a strong euphoria, itchiness, nods, etc. At the very least, you would not be doubting it's effect.

Did you go get them from a pharmacy yourself? Only way to be 100% certain.

Nope no prior experience with any other opiates besides codeine which was several years ago and was a one time thing. I’m not sure why I didn’t feel any effect because I hadn’t eaten anything about 5 hours beforehand so I’m going to probably not eat for 7-8 hours this time. And yes they’re pharmaceuticals , they’re my mothers prescription lmao.
With zero tolerance 40mg would produce a strong euphoria, itchiness, nods, etc. At the very least, you would not be doubting its effect.

Did you go get them from a pharmacy yourself? Only way to be 100% certai

The 2 likeliest scenarios here are you are a poor metabolizer (genetic), or you are taking another medication which is blocking it.

Don't starve yourself, you should still feel it even on an empty stomach. Your stomach empties in 4 hours after eating anyways, no need to wait much longer than that.

Bummer I’m thinking that it maybe genetic since the time I took codeine I really didn’t feel anything compared to my friends.I’m also not taking any sort of medication at all. Thank you for the advice.

Update: Took 40 mg Vicodin , it’s been around 2 hours and no effects . Guess I’m just one of those unlucky individuals :/

Also some ppl have a lot more liver enzymes making the doses needed much higher even before tolerance begins. The same ppl can be more tolerant to other drugs or alcohol to not just opiates. I guess the opposite would be where the term lightweight comes from , but maybe they're the lucky ones..