• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

40mg methadone and 20mg diazepam

ovo1024

Bluelighter
I have a minor tolerance to opiates will this combo be fatal? Should be noted I took 80mg Valium yesterday so some may still be in my system

How minor a tolerance? 40mgs of Methadone is a lot to start with when dealing with a minor tolerance. Mixing methadone with a benzo is a wonderful way not to late the next morning. Take 20 mgs I'd methadone and 10 mgs of valium if your tolerance is low.

Methadone doesn't play well with most any medicine so caution is in order.

I was prescribed 30 mgs of Percocet a day about 15 years ago. They switched me to 2.5 mgs of Methadone 3 times a day. It's something like 8 times stronger than morphine when both are in pill form. This info came from my PM doctor.

I take 3 narcotics and my tolerance is so high they have trouble putting me to sleep for surgery and I only take 30 mgs a day. I'm very cautious because Methadone combined with any other narcotic and benzo is an easy death sentence if I don't pay close attention.

The answer to your question is it will probably not be fatal, but still fairly dam dangerous. It's always best to avoid the combination, tolerance or not, as it can be fatal at the levels you stated. While the term "minor" could use some elaboration regarding the amounts of Opi's you have been consuming and for how long for a better idea of where you're at. Using Diazepam the previous night can contribute to accumulation, although not as bad as some other long acting benzos can, 80mg is still a hefty dose. I'd recommend an extra day to purge the benzos out of your system before jumping into methadone.

OD-->BDD

This is a pretty bad idea. Both Drugs cause respiratory depression. Methadone is pretty easy to OD on itself ( for opiate naive people anyway), so mixing with diazepam is not good. As said above, probably wont kill you... but it might.

Methadone isn?t something I would consider recreational.. I would not risk it if I were you.

Sorry to hijack the OPs thread but if you took 10 mg of diazepam on a Monday night and then smoked or snorted 200 mg of China white heroin 48 hours later on a Wednesday afternoon would that be considered safe?

Well I turned out fine was high for 12 hours. Nodded good but wasn't in any danger