• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

40mg a day oxycodone not enough anymore

razordesignz

Bluelighter
So iv been taking 10mg oxycodone x4 a day for about 3 months and it just isn't working anymore. I'm wondering if anyone has advice on what might be a good step up with my pain doc. Like 40mg oxy plus some mg of oxycontin? I just don't know. Also 350 soma x2 a day that's just a muscle relaxer though. This is not a what to get high post just what would be a strong jump from 40mg oxy a day I don't want the doc to idea a crap change then I'm stuck for a month my spine is in bad shape

Sorry to tell you this but you are getting a tolerance and the only way around it is to either stop for a few months, switch to a stronger opiate, or up your dose...those last two choices are a harsh reality for us opiate lovers.

Forgot to add if you stop for a few months and start up again your tolerance will be right back up to where it is now within about two weeks and your withdrawals will be worse and worse every time you stop and start...sorry to hear about your back dude.

Have you tried other avenues besides opiate pain relievers? I know you're already on gabapentin but maybe you could try using naproxen sodium or motrin as an adjunct to your current regimen. Like Roxi said, your tolerance is only going to get higher with taking more opiates.

If your in your picture you look like a really young guy to need that much OXY for your back. Do you work in construction or something or maybe sitting at a desk where you might be making it worse? I know tons of people with bad backs working and taking OXY for the pain but it just messed there back up more and more.

Eh pic from a year ago I am 25 young . Idk how I messed it up 3 discs out one far and spinal stenosis

I was using vics at 14 cuz I hurt my back and that's all it took man I moved to perks then p10 then 30s until I was banging dope it was bad man I ended up moving to my dads he lives in Kentucky 15 miles from anywhere nothing but woods for miles

To get clean it worked but I can tell you this if you continue the way you are you will really regret it

Ya I agree with aj I am concerned that you might end up using dope if your already needing that much oxy. My guitar teacher did wrestling and would injure his back but still lift and wrestle and eventually he was on like twenty or thirty Vicodin a day I think and had to stop before he got liver failure.

Have you tried tens? It's like a electrical current that you can send to the painful area and it causes the muscles around it to relax and kills the pain signals. Maybe if you combined it with Oxy you'd get a stronger effect

I shot up heroine and cocaine recreationally until I ODd twice and have not used a hard drug especially not IV for over 4 years

I appreciate the advice, that being said was just curious if moving to 15mg x3 a day and 1 dose of oxycontin might be a good jump or, idk, because my doc gave me oxymorphone months back and I guess because the bioavailability after 2 days I returned it for a oxy script

*warning I am not an opiate user I have no experience with opiates*

According to Wikipedia the bioavailability of oxymorphone is 10℅ oral 100℅ IV. If your doctor can see your medical records of hospitalizations or you told him he may of changed it to prevent the possibility of you injecting it to get basically tenfold as much opiates as he wants u to take daily

No I RETURNED it because the bio availability. My choice not his and I don't IV I only oral hence why I changed it. Nvm on this post the responses are way off iv went threw iv use in regard to the other posts I don't do hard drugs havnt for over 4 years I only use scripts

with all due respect, whether your IVing heroin or popping oxycodones, your still in the same boat if you're asking me. You just have a much less chance of dying with RX scripts verses street heroin and needles.

Oxymorphone is 10 percent orally but it's so many Fold stronger it doesn't matter.

Anyway ill just say one that thing if your question is about Oxy and oxycotin both contain oxycodone and drugs com under doses shows the dosage ranges for various conditions. However it is possible to take much higher than 40 mg orally for pain theraputically people with like with end of life terminal pain sometimes take like 160 mg a day

If 10mg/4x a day was working for you, I don't see why 15mg/4x a day wouldn't work. You could also be taking one or two more somas daily, but I'm glad your doctor is being conservative.

The TENS unit suggestion is also a good one. Your insurance will probably pay for it completely, and the company sends you the pads once a month, on schedule. It's really no bother at all.

Also, if you have compressed or entrapped nerves, there are devices you can use at home for traction/decompression. I've noticed that pain docs never mention this option.

Idk what a tens unit it is. Ya I was thinking like upping a little on oxy ir and adding a low dose contin for the xr. To the guy paying all due respect yes I am very aware I know vicodin leads to oxy oxy leads to fent. Methadone a ton of options and people's receptors require more at a rapid rate which is alot of the time the reason people move to heroin is chasing the high and euphoria . I am taking 40mg a day because I can't afford the surgery lol idk how you got on advising me on your opinion of ODING I am aware. I already quit benzos to avoid risk of cardiovascular depression thz everyone else we can end this topic