View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

400ug too much for a second timer?

isaaccain

Bluelighter
I get 200ug tabs of acid and I'm getting five in a few weeks but 3 friends have already asked if they can buy one each, so I'm only gonna have 2 left. I don't want to keep acid around the house because I know it's an extremely fragile molecule and I don't really know how to store it correctly. I don't want to waste my money so I thought I'd take 2 tabs, then sell the other 3 off later, less concerned with the possibility that the LSD might have decayed. But at the same time I was tripping pretty hard off of 200ug so I'm skeptical about taking almost half a milligram. When I took the one tab last time I was sort of having a bad trip because I was with a bunch of people I never met, and a few miles from home, then when I got to the chinese place near my house everything was fine, but my point is it wasn't really a bad trip to start, just really uncomfortable and I could barely see, but I was thinking if I had actually taken two tabs that it might've been worse and I wouldn't have been able to recover, so I don't really know if 400ug is high or not, what do you think? Also I need some tips on storing acid, because if I sell these guys some acid and as you might think 200ug tabs are kinda pricey, so they might think I ripped them off if it's decayed.

Please don't incriminate yourself.
Acid tabs are rarely 200ug. If you don't get them analyzed and it doesn't sound like you are going to waste one on that. You cannot assume you have 200ug tabs.
Acid is not so fragile as was thought for a long time, so storing in a dark place inside something hermetic should last you a long while. Basically keep away from heat, light, and air. If you have access to a freezer that will make it last decades.
If you had a very uncomfortable first experience try to be careful next. So time to be careful.

Edit...Forgot to mention...Yes, 400ug is too much for a second timer.

Last edited:
I've kept acid around for years just wrapped in foil in a dark drawer, and while it seemed to lose some potency, it was still very much active. If you keep it in a relatively cool, dry, dark place, you can safely store it for months without any significant degradation IME.

If your tabs are indeed 200ug (which, as The Hypnotist stated, is unlikely - most blotter is laid in the 100-150ug range and it's sadly quite common for dealers to lie and exaggerate the dose), then yes - 400ug is probably excessive for your second time. For most people, that is a very high dose and will be a lot more intense than 200ug. And really, no matter what the actual dosage is on these tabs, if they're the same ones you had the first time, doubling a dose that was already pretty intense sounds excessive. If I were you, I'd take each tab on a separate occasion, at least a few days to a week apart to avoid tolerance.

I get the tabs off a guy who gets them off the Dark Web, and on the web page 200ug per tab is what's specified. I generally trust the vendors on the dark web and the vendor had pretty good reviews, and I'm sure someone out there would have been suspicious enough to get them analysed. Also I was with someone who had done acid a few times before and she said that it was the best she'd ever had and she only needed one tab. I just looked it up on Erowid and found that 400ug is actually quite a big dose, and 200ug was a pretty big starting dose, maybe I should've researched more idk. Also the tabs come in vacuum sealed plastic wallets, if I were to just cut it open, take out however many tabs and then put it back in there, in a cupboard or draw or something in my room, would that be ok?

Wrap in some Aluminium foil and keep it in your wallet! In terms of the dose you should take, 400ug is way, way too much. I recommend 200ug - even that is pushing it as a 2nd time tripper. LSD is weird, increasing the dose by 100% does not just 'double' the affects... everyone reacts differently. Drop 200ug and smoke some pot if you can. Happy tripping :)

He doesn't mention he wants an intense experience. I myself quite like intense experiences now and then and I never smoke any cannabis if not in the very tail. You are making risky generalizations out of your only experience...bad idea.

He doesn't mention he wants an intense experience. I myself quite like intense experiences now and then and I never smoke any cannabis if not in the very tail. You are making risky generalizations out of your only experience...bad idea.

My "only experience"? What did you mean by that exactly?

And he didn't need to specifically mention hes looking for an intense experience. The fact he is considering 400ug suggests he wants an intense experience. Who knows, maybe he will like the pot? Why is it such a bad thing to do - suggest that someone should smoke pot on acid? It can be fucking incredible.

He doesn't have the foggiest so he is asking. Just read carefully. He had never until yesterday checked dosages on Erowid. He himself recognises he should have made a bit more of research. He was considering 400ug because of naivety. Of course, he might take 400ug and love it, but it is a bit risky don't you think?

There is a consensus around here that most people try to avoid smoking weed in the come up as might increase anxiety. Of course, some pot heads or others love it, but they are a minority. I used to smoke huge amounts of mainly hash but weed as well from morning to night during years non-stop, on those years I smoked with no problem at all while tripping. Now I smoke 3 times a year and it wouldn't even cross my mind to do it while tripping, as I find it makes me anxious on its own.

YMMV but don't assume theirs might not.

easy to store between pages of a book or notebook in a locked drawer, stays dry and dark, no problem for decades. 400 mics is a lot and I think a waste to consume just because you can't think how to store.

OK I'm guessing that 400ug is too much. I've looked on erowid and psychonautwiki and the highest dose on the scale 300ug, so I'd better not. I smoked a joint on the come up last time and it made the come up really uncomfortable for me, I don't really smoke because it's so expensive where I live, when I had a lot of money and not a lot of contacts I smoked every day and I got a tolerance, now since then it's been a year or so and whenever I smoke I overdo it and feel 'dirty'. Marijuana is not a pretty drug for me, feels more like something you'd get at a legal high store, like K2, but nothing like K2, more like weed, you know what I mean? This isn't just when buying off the same guy or weed that I get myself, just in general. The only really good experience I had I'd had codeine too. Anyway I might be getting 2C-B as well, I want to use them at the same time, or with some MDMA, but it's not a good idea I can tell, but if it went right I mean think about it the reward outweighs the risk. Anyway 200ug, thanks guys. I swallowed the tab after 10 minutes accidentally so it probably wasn't as strong as it could've been

I swallowed the tab after 10 minutes accidentally so it probably wasn't as strong as it could've been

If it's LSD, it doesn't matter when you swallow the tab.

Smoking weed on the come up is advice that you can safely disregard, don't worry.

Yeah OP I wouldnt smoke on the come up.

I consume cannabis RIGHT before I drop the tab then give Lucy my attention for a few hours then introduce Mary to Lucy. Works VERY well for me but everyone is different.

Oh shit that's a load off my mind, how about the more common cuts/fakers? Like NBOMe and the like?

There used to be a rumor that NBOMe's weren't active when swallowed, but quite a few people have reported that they are. I haven't used NBOMe's but it seems best to assume the latter.