• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

40 mg oxymorphone what is next?

oxyfen

Bluelighter
I am taking 40 mg oxymorphone 4xD, knowing that the effects will weaken what is the next step? What is stronger than oxymorphone that would allow me to take less, for instance I was taking 1 80mg of Oxycontin 4xD and switched to oxymorphone. I know that 40 mg oxymorphone is somewhat equaled to 80mg of Oxycontin and sometimes when just changing meds and taking something else even equaled to will have positive effects but what's stronger than 40 mg oxymorphone 4xD? What would be my next step?

Last edited:
I am taking 40 mg oxymorphone 4xD, knowing that the effects will weaken what is the next step? What is stronger than oxymorphone that would allow me to take less, for instance I was taking 4 80mg of Oxycontin 4xD and switched to oxymorphone. I know that 40 mg oxymorphone is somewhat equaled to 80mg of Oxycontin and sometimes when just changing meds and taking something else even equaled to will have positive effects but what's stronger than 40 mg oxymorphone 4xD? What would be my next step?
You were taking 1280 mg of Oxycontin a day?

I think the next step up would be a fentanyl patch plus roxicodone (20-30 mg) as needed. Just FYI you are getting pretty high up the food chain, your opioid receptors are getting close to being maxed out. If what you are on now isn't managing your pain adequately I would have a serious conversation with your PM doctor about the situation and look into non-medication options to add on to what you are doing.

Thanks Pilll_head for your post, I am surprised to hear that I am high on the meds. I tried fentanyl patch 75mcg with 15mg oxycodone IR and this was in 2006 I believe it was. The patch worked really well but it left sores on my skin and it was that time I was switched to Oxycontin back when it was OC and not OP.

I'm not sure what kind of pain you suffer from but I have chronic backpain and in the beginning cortisone shots helped immensely. The one poster is right about being high u the chain and once you reach the to your tolerance will catch up and no amount of opiates will give relief!
Chronic pain sucks and I hope you find a regiment that gives you relief!!!!

namnoc16, thanks for your reply. You know, I have been wondering that "no amount of opiates will give relief!" and really believe that. I have taken 3 80mg Oxycontin and felt no different as if I took one. I know when I run low on my meds and just at the starting point of withdraws I can take one and really feel it and the relief is quite pleasurable but to get to that point of w/d is very painful.