• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

40 mg oxymorphone ER G74's

oxyfen

Bluelighter
Is the name brand Opana ER's like the Oxycontin that gels up when adding water? I am prescribed 40 mg oxymorphone ER the pills are orange and have G74's imprinted on them like these
th

The G74's do not gel up and are like the original OC Oxycontin before the OP's. Easy to crush and no burn at all when you snort them. Are any or the Opana's non gelling?

what are you asking? Your prescribed Opana and you got your hands on Oxy? I think I understand your question. If it's generic Oxymorphone, your good to go. You need rubbing alcohol or a razor to get the coating off. No water. It's bioavailability is 10% orally, or 90% nasally. That dose can kill. For harm reductions sake, you need to know that. Oxymorphone shits on oxycodone. Really, be careful with that dose. People have died , doing that shit. I have a very good opiate tolerance. I did that with 20mg ER and it kicked my ass in a good way. Rea;;y, be careful.

what I am asking is; Is the name brand Opana ER's like the Oxycontin OP? Does it gel up? The 40 mg oxymorphone (pictured) is what I get and does not gel up and was wondering if Opana ER's does? The doc writes the script for oxymorphone not Opana. Also you do not need to rub off the outer coating from the oxymorphone because you cannot even taste it nor does it cause any ill effects after snorting.

Dude, you get the best opanas available, cherish them, but like stated, be very careful.........some opanas do gel, but the G74 don't.

Does your nose clig at all, I mean, do your nasal passages completely close because of snorting? I know mine do just after several snorts, & I can't breathe, so I stopped snorting any & all pills, I like my sleep too much, & unless you're snorting opanas, they're not worth oral usage.

Hey TLBs, it doesn't close up "never" with the G74's but when I do my 20mg O'cone it does for the first few days then it's always clear after that but I always run out of the 20mg O'done then when I start back they close up for a few days then clear up again.

No man, they don't gel. No need to get coating off. I just crush the whole thing. It all has medicine in it. You got the best you can get in my opinion.

I've tried snorting "panas" several times. Crush and non crush. My boy does it and he can hardly move afterwards. When I do the same dose I barely feel anything, if at all. Is there a trick to it, does anyone else have this issue, or do I just have a "wax nose"?

I've tried snorting "panas" several times. Crush and non crush. My boy does it and he can hardly move afterwards. When I do the same dose I barely feel anything, if at all. Is there a trick to it, does anyone else have this issue, or do I just have a "wax nose"?

I can take three O'phone and do not get ANY relief until I take an 1 O'contin

I am getting my script filled tomorrow and going back to O'tin

I really thought that I was in for some major relief and my hopes were high and it was such a let down, I am glad those that get relief from it, it is the worse PM I ever took, my 20mg's O'codone works better than the 40mgs O'phone.

I've been on everything from tramadol to hydrocodone to oxycontin to opana to generic opana (oxymorphone) for my pain relief and hands down the generic oxymorphone has been the VERY best relief I've had. I prefer the yellow 230's with the moon over the G74's and either of them over the name brand Opana that didn't do shit I suspect I wan't absorbing them properly due to the BS tamper-proof new formulation. I think the reason you didn't get much relief when switching over to OM is it needs to "build" in your system I too had the issue when first starting them of not being as effective as OC but after taking them for around 5 days I noticed OM was MUCH MUCH more effective

If taking the G74's orally aren't helping with your pain much you could try intranasally I would start with about 1/15 - 1/20 of the pill or around 15MG of the crushed powder (the whole pill is around 220MG) and work your way up from there. I know 1/20th doesn't sound like a lot but the BA on oral of oxymorphone is only around 10% but up the nose that goes to around 50% BA and for pain relief I find nasally the "hit" lasts around 3 hours. Ideally if you go the nose route you REALLY should use a digital scale that measures down to 0.001 grams because just gustimating isn't close enough and you MUST be careful of how often you go over the amount you need at a given time it's VERY easy push your tolerance up by bumping your dose higher too often.
There are a few benefits to going this route:
1) you can control your amount of pain relief you need/get for the given span of time. More relief while at work less when your resting at home.
2) you end up gaining a stockpile of pills due to using less pill to get the relief you need. 1 pill lasts me 2 1/2 days or more now where I'm prescribed 2 pills a day.
3) if you don't need a dose or can space the dosage out more than 3 hours you have that option.
4) So long as your REALLY careful with your dosing you can switch back and forth between orally and intranasally as needed say snort for your morning dose and pill for your evening dose.
5) if you still need more relief you can still use a small amount of alcohol to "boost" your med. strength that still works.

Now for the 1 problem of using this way. When I first started taking oxymorphone (after the few days of it building up) I was getting decent 24/7 pain relief but after switching to intranasally the 1 problem is in the mornings by skipping the 1 hit/dose in the early morning (around 3AM) I wake in more pain until I get the first dose in me.

So if you still have the option of taking oxymorphone don't give up on it after taking 1 or 2 pills you gotta give it a solid week before saying "these don't work" I think you'll be surprised.

Oh and for the record I ONLY take this for pain I don't use this recreationally NO if's, and's or butt's. Before the OM if I had ANY distance to travel I had to be in a wheelchair if I was going a short distance I could get by with a cane but since switching I'm able to walk quite awhile before the pain get bad enough that I MUST stop. I still need the chair if I go to say a theme park for the day/weekend but if I was to go to a mall or a flea market I'm now able to walk most of them.

Last edited:
opana_man, I have taken 3-40mg's of Oxymorphone inside an hour with no effect until I took an 80mg Oxycontin and relief started within 30 minutes.

opana_man, I have taken 3-40mg's of Oxymorphone inside an hour with no effect until I took an 80mg Oxycontin and relief started within 30 minutes.

Are you taking these orally or nasally? If you're actually snorting 120 mg of OM, it is absolutely insane you aren't totally wasted or OD'ed! I'm personally prescribed 2 40 mg pills a day and at times I will do a whole pill within an hour or so and even with my tolerance, I seriously can feel it. I'd never even think of taking more than that. I keep thinking (the whole time I was reading this) you must be doing something wrong somehow or another. If not, you must be the one in a billion on the planet that that drug has no effect on. As others have stated (and with my 25+ years in PM), it is one of the best pain meds I've ever been prescribed. It even surpasses when I was prescribed 4 80 mg OxyContins, taking into account my docs halved my daily dosage. If I was actually given the equivalent dose of Opana to OxyContin, or 4 40 mg Opana ER's a day, I'd be on Cloud 9 all day long! But you have to do what is right for you, so Good Luck!

I think the major issue here is like some others have said, is the ROA. I had lived with someone prescribed opana after his back surgery. He was an ex-dope head clean for 7 years until they gave him pain meds. For the longest time he was the same way and thought his opana 40 ER were a waste to the point that he would trade me pill for pill with blues. However, he started off taking them orally. However, after seeing me crush and sniff the opanas he traded and how wrecked I was he decided to give it a try and never went back. Within weeks he was back to doing heroin between scripts.

Take caution though. Like many other people have said they are extremely potent. Many people in my area had no clue what they were and refused to take them at first. My one man used to have to sell them in half pills with the promise he'd return their money if they didnt get high. In an area flooded with blues, oxys and heroin these opana quickly became a hot commodity. They might taste like shit (and I enjoy most drug drips) but the minute you catch that drip fully you'd be on your way to bein smashed for a good minute. Even after doing heroin I would jump on opana whenever it was around mainly because god damn did the high have legs. Instead of heroin where I could get high in the morning and look for more 6-8 hours after dosing, I'd be noddin for 8-12 hours.

However, like another poster had mentioned the high from opana comes at a price. Even with a 50-100 bag a day habit on heroin the worst withdrawals I ever faced was from lack of opana.

Everyone is different and has different limits though, and anyone with an opiate dependency knows that tolerance varies HUGELY from person to person. There were times Id start of with a bundle and still feel sick where other people would be doing 2-3 bags and on the verge of falling out. Opana was no different. It was not uncommon for me and my boy who got prescribed opana to burn through his entire script of 60 40mg er in a matter of two days between the both of us. The most I ever did was 13 in a day, then stupidly decided to eat a benzo on top of it. Needless to say I fell out that night hit my head and had a seizure (which I'm prone to) The people around me panicked and called 911 thinking I was dying. It was stupid as hell but at the time I got mad they called 911 and sniffed a 14th in the hospital when they released me hours later.

Please note though I know these dosages are insane and know it definitely didnt get there overnight. Take everyone's advice and start small and play it safe.

Are you taking these orally or nasally? If you're actually snorting 120 mg of OM, it is absolutely insane you aren't totally wasted or OD'ed! I'm personally prescribed 2 40 mg pills a day and at times I will do a whole pill within an hour or so and even with my tolerance, I seriously can feel it. I'd never even think of taking more than that. I keep thinking (the whole time I was reading this) you must be doing something wrong somehow or another. If not, you must be the one in a billion on the planet that that drug has no effect on. As others have stated (and with my 25+ years in PM), it is one of the best pain meds I've ever been prescribed. It even surpasses when I was prescribed 4 80 mg OxyContins, taking into account my docs halved my daily dosage. If I was actually given the equivalent dose of Opana to OxyContin, or 4 40 mg Opana ER's a day, I'd be on Cloud 9 all day long! But you have to do what is right for you, so Good Luck!