• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-subbed tryptamines with relaxing effects?

Shaal

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I've seen a lot of people say that 4-AcO-DMT feels sedating / relaxing / stoning to them.

Among the 4-subbed tryptamines, I only have experience with 4-HO-MET and the come-up can be quite energetic (to the point where it can be uncomfortable in some settings).

To those who have tried 4-AcO-DMT and other 4-subbed tryptamines, is there some that can compare in terms of relaxing effects? Maybe this is more likely to be found in the 4-AcO's than the 4-HO's?

Most relevant information I could find was this page, which states that 4-AcO-MET and 4-HO-MiPT (as well as 4-AcO-DMT) can cause sedation.

Cheers!

I would not take miprocin looking for sedation my friend. While the effects are different for everyone, it was one of the most powerful and energizing of the 4 subbed tryps I have taken. Expecting sedation from that is like putting a leash on a leopard, and planning to go for a nice gentle stroll down the street. You don't control whether it's gentle or not, it's a fucking jungle cat. Hold on tight is the best mindset, be prepared for a wild ride.

I don't know how that list in the link you posted was compiled, but I doubt there is science behind it. Of course the depressants and sedatives will be sedating, but deciding whether or not a tryptamine has 'sedating' effects? Be careful with that...btw I have found taking a benzo alongside a tryptamine tends to offer a nice level of sedation...

4 ho Dipt is pretty relaxing but I haven't seen that one around in a while.
4 aco DMT is pretty sedating through the peak in my experience but becomes more lively post peak

4-AcO-DMT is sedating to the point of not wanting to do anything at all, 4-AcO-MET is a lot more stimulating however not to the point of being uncomfortable. I have heard it's HO counterpart is more stimulating but I haven't tried it to say.

I think something like medium dose 4ACODIPT or 4HODIPT comes close te being "sedating", although not in the classical sense.

MiPT is also "sedating", more like a ZEN feeling, IMO. Mind you, not 4HOMIPT, but regular MiPT.

I can say that 4-ho-mipt can be sedating at high doses only because you won't be able to move much. But your mind will be on overdrive, lol.

On low to moderate doses, it has some energy and euphoria that makes it seem like the opposite. 4-ho-met is the same in this way, except higher doses are not sedating either.

4-AcO-DMT is quite sedating.
I know it's not a tryptamine but I find 2C-E very sedating in large amounts. I took 50mg once and it put me flat on my back for HOURS not wanting to do anything... I'm pretty sure I fell asleep for a little while during the peak.

Thanks for your answers!

@ Lestat.Hypershpere: I like that metaphor. ^^

Very low dose dmt causes a zen like state of relaxation for about 10 minutes after. By small I mean like 10-15 milligrams.

Oops, forgot you're looking for 4 subs. None I tried I would describe as relaxing. 4 ho and 4 aco dmt are pretty serene after the plateau. Coming down is almost my favorite part. You have to get past the initial come up and peak stimulation though. I think its the 5ht1a agonism that causes the feeling of relaxation, so maybe look for psychs with the highest affinity for that receptor

Last edited: