• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4 Months After LSD. Shaking, Head Sensitive, Jumpy, Etc.

Cudi

Bluelighter
Hey, so I posted a very long thread on my entire bad trip experience 4 months ago. This one will concern the effects I'm still feeling from the terrifying experience. Not sure if these are classified as acute or long term adverse effects. I have this strange sensitivity on my head that starts at the top of the back part and sort of extends to my ears. I flinch and jump a lot if I hear certain sounds, even if I'm expecting the sounds. I listened to a dubstep song I enjoy and at one part there is a loud clap. Even with the volume down quite a bit on my earbuds and my knowing of what time the clap occurs at, I still flinch. Doors shutting can cause a huge tension in the sides of my head. It seems to get worse when I'm trying to fall asleep. My hands sweat really bad as well. I was always a deep thinker, but now I've been noticing even more deep/delusional thoughts almost. I dabbed a few weeks ago and immediately was sent back into my hellish trip, just without the hallucinations. I guess I was having mild auditory hallucinations. I tried saying that maybe THC caused my unconscious mind to open up even more and make these internal issues come to the surface again. Not sure what advice I'm seeking, anything would help, thanks. There's not a day that goes by when I don't think about that bad trip. Can't get it out of my mind.

Last edited:
Just a few thoughts:

-No more dabbing sir/madam! Marihuana will only exacerbate these symptoms. Give it a very good long break, wait until these symptoms are completely gone before you hit the ganj again. This is really important.

-Regarding your theory about the reality where you are stuck in your trip: that reality only exists in the past where you were under the effects of the drug. In this reality, the one you live in, the drug is long gone from your system and is no longer affecting you. The symptoms you are experiencing are purely psychological - they are real, but they are not due to the chemical effects of the drug acting on your brain.

-It sounds PTSD-esque. I'm not sure what the best way to deal with it is, but I believe that time will heal, stay chill, make sure to get out lots and hang out with people, eat well, exercize, take care of yourself and stay away from drugs. Consider seeking counselling.

I've not been through this extreme kind of thing, so take my advise as you will. It's probably a good idea for you to seek professional counselling from someone who actually knows what they're talking about.

-Yes I will definitely stay away from dabbing certainly, but there's been recent times where I smoke a little amount from either a blunt or a pipe and still be fine

-Very interesting the way you worded my theory. I see what you're saying. My present mind is a result of my past memories (pretty obvious conclusion lol), but is it healthy to try and suppress the bad memories from this trip so my present self can forget about it? I have thought about counseling, but it isn't easy finding a professional in my area who specializes in this genre of therapy.

-Yes, I've basically concluded it is PTSD due to some nightmares I've had and times when I wake up in the middle of the night in a panic. Also the fact I can't stop thinking about it even four months later.

is it healthy to try and suppress the bad memories from this trip so my present self can forget about it?

I tend to think it's a bad idea to surpress things that are asking for expression. But there is a flip side too - you should try not to dwell on negative thought either. These kinds of thoughts can be like pesty vermin, mice or rats - if you don't like having them around you shouldn't feed them. Thoughts feed on your attention, so if there is a thought pattern that is negative in your life it is important that you don't make it fat with your attention. I think the healthiest way to approach this kind of thing is to take some cues from meditation practice: when the thoughts arise, observe them, try to acknowledge them without judgment ("Oh here's that though again" not "Oh no it's that thought again!!!") and allow it to pass away when it's done.

Easier said than done, I know. But that's your challenge.

Now that meditation came up, if you're finding it hard to find/afford a counsellor, you might want to check in to meditation. Look out for meditation groups in your area, it can be really good to have the guidance of a teacher rather than trying to make a go on your own. Meditation can really help improve your mental health, that's the whole point of it.

Good advice perpetualdawn, it does seem to be a completey thought based problem that meditation could dispell

Like pd said, don't exacerbate your thoughts and believe 'oh no, here it goes again' as you could just create the whole thing in your head, learn to calmly observe rather than think negatively, i think after you process this whole thing you'll be the better for it, it's just that it can be hard to see that in the midst of challenging experiences, the dust will settle, i think you should try to trust that what you did was ok, you haven't permanently damaged yourself, and don't be so quick to ask 'how high?' when your mind tells you to jump ;)

I think I've got PTSD from a salvia trip.

The most important thing has already been said. You are in control of your thoughts. Do not entertain those negative thoughts, otherwise they will spiral out of control. I've accumulated so many negative thoughts since the experience which are solely a product of my own mind.

In total it's been seven years now. I came to terms with it a bit three years ago, but have been suffering from some anxiety and depression recently which has made it linger. The way I came to terms with it was by realising the above. :)