• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

4 month hangover weird issue

ShytK

Bluelighter
I am 4 months into my MDMA long term comedown. It started about 4 months ago and had super fatigue and bad sleep for the most of the 4 months.

About 2 weeks ago, my fatigue started improving when I started to think more positively. I thought the worst was starting to go behind me, but now a few days ago I had an emotional breakdown and a new problem arose.

All of a sudden I am SUPER energetic. I can't sleep at all. Maybe manage to force myself to sleep 2-3 hrs a night at BEST. I can exercise and even after hours of exercise I am still not tired enough to go to bed. I kind of feel like my brain may be tired (and I have dark eye circles), but physcially I feel like I have way too much energy. More than I ever had normally. The more I stress/worry the more energy I have.

Anybody else has experienced this? A week ago I was here posting stuff thinking I am getting better, and now this.

Between being super energetic and super tired, I think I prefer the super tired route. It may sound like not much of a problem, but it really is. Looking to see if anyone can help me understand this..

I noticed you mentioned to me last that you were on an SSRI? Check the side effects of it. A lot of SSRIs are known for causing insomnia.

Nah I already started having this issue a few days before SSRI and SSRI I only took half of the smallest dose for a single day. :(

I have this problem as well, for me a healthy diet and exercise along with cutting out Most caffeine and alcohol ( I havent been drinking any booze, but have 1 cup of coffee a day, down from 4 ) have helped alot, so has chakra meditation.

Also if you have been taking alot of 5-htp cut that out at well, it can cause manic racing thoughts. It is a great holistic remedy however if you are having those high energy problems cut it out if you take it.

A common side effect of sleep deprivation is periods of mania.
I struggle with sleep problems as well, not sure if they are from drug use but that's irrelevant to my point, and every few weeks I'll have days where I'm super excited to do everything, can hardly sleep and generally feel fan-fucking-tastic. It seems to come after periods of not getting much sleep and then I crash not long after the manic period begins.
I talked with my psychiatrist who also specializes in sleep disorders, and he confirmed that mania from sleep deprivation is very common
Too set an example, has there ever been a time where you were tired and fatigued but couldn't sleep more than a couple hours no matter how hard you tried, and you expected to be falling asleep all day but in fact had at least a normal amount of energy? Same thing

I have this problem as well, for me a healthy diet and exercise along with cutting out Most caffeine and alcohol ( I havent been drinking any booze, but have 1 cup of coffee a day, down from 4 ) have helped alot, so has chakra meditation.

Also if you have been taking alot of 5-htp cut that out at well, it can cause manic racing thoughts. It is a great holistic remedy however if you are having those high energy problems cut it out if you take it.

Relieved to hear I am not the only one. So I won't die from the lack of sleep then? That's all I was worried about.

How long have you had it? Have you been getting better yet?