View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-ho-met overdose??!

Underachiever

Greenlighter
Some days ago I had a trip with 4-ho-met from a well known, more or less exclusive vendor.
Before the said test, I once did an allergy test +/- 3mg which did not show any negative effects and brought some mild psychedelia. My second trial, 18-20mg also went well and did not produce any effects to worry about.

Now in my last trial I downed 30mg and an additional 10mg about an hour later.
About 2 hours in I started noticing some stitches in my left shoulder, which reminded me of elecro shocks. They slightly spreaded down my arm but I did not feel uncomfortable at this point. A while later my left hand started getting colder and somewhat a little numb. I stood up off my sofa on which I had smoked some tobacco and cannabis before and walked around my crib to support my blood flow. I started to worry at this point.
I felt pressure on my ears which turned stronger and stronger and was then accompanied by tinnitus. I felt wobbly and had fear of loosing consciousness. My heart was beating fast but not really pumping strong.
I then popped 1mg of clonazepam and told my girlfriend (who had "only" downed 30mg and only felt slight numbness in her arm but not the head issues) to call the ambulance.
When they arrived I had already calmed down a little and the pressure and tinnitus had worn off. They checked our heart rate etc. and told us we were alright. We followed them to the hospital for safetys sake, were we stayed for like 20 minutes in the waiting room before deciding to leave home.
I did not notice any residual symptoms off of this.
Has anyone noticed stuff like this with 4ho or any other psychedelic off this class?
According to the vendor the product is of excelent quality and had been nmr analysed.
Also he is around since a long time and very well known. But I dont want to dive into any vendor description right here.

Regards,

UA

I find 4-ho-met gets very highly potentiated by the MAOis in tobacco.
I've had massive rushes and visuals from smoking a joint with strong tobacco in it, on 4-ho-met.
I havent tried this on any other tryptamines, so i'm not sure how exclusive it is to metocin. I dunno, psychedelics do weird things to your perception..
But as for your other questions, i'm not sure.

I find 4-ho-met gets very highly potentiated by the MAOis in tobacco.
I've had massive rushes and visuals from smoking a joint with strong tobacco in it, on 4-ho-met.
I havent tried this on any other tryptamines, so i'm not sure how exclusive it is to metocin. I dunno, psychedelics do weird things to your perception..
But as for your other questions, i'm not sure.

I noticed feeling kind of uncomfy using tobacco mixed with other psychedelics. To me it increases for example the vasoconstriction caused by lysergamides.

But this was intense. My auditory perception was almost like being underwater.. Maybe my brain did not get the supply of oxygen it needs? Maybe I am going to tell this to a doctor and see what he says.. Dunno.

To be honest, i was on large doses of 4-ho-met, but the rush i got from smoking a fat joint with strong tobacco on the tail-end of the trip, felt like smoking a sub-breakthrough dose of DMT.
It had the CEVs and the buzzing sound.

Could that be like what you experienced? Just a guess :)

I can get brain zaps on tryptamines when everything becomes too pleasurable. Even they are pleasurable to me so it doesn't bother me as much.

What you experienced was definitely just psychedelic trippyness. Well don't quote me on that as I'm not a doctor and I can't do a physical check-up,but it reminds me of my own experiences. It's good to stay on the safe side though.

40mg really is a sizeable dose, some weird stuff is bound to come to the surface at that point.

To be honest, i was on large doses of 4-ho-met, but the rush i got from smoking a fat joint with strong tobacco on the tail-end of the trip, felt like smoking a sub-breakthrough dose of DMT.
It had the CEVs and the buzzing sound.

Could that be like what you experienced? Just a guess :)

I experienced strong auditive disortions when listening to music. It sounded almost like a choir that was kind of hiding between kicks, snares and sounds of the hip hop music I was listening to. I also had strong visual effects, the letters of my phone-keyboard were surrounded by rainbow auras and the lines between the tiles on my kitchen wall were glowing purple.. I noticed the said symptoms while being totally relaxed and at all psychedelically calmed. I felt at peace and then the symptoms built up, wich leads me to what kidklmx said; maybe it all was just some sort of psychic reaction?
I dont know, it felt so real and so severe I yet cant imagine it being psychosomatic.

40mg really is a sizeable dose, some weird stuff is bound to come to the surface at that point.
This.
I really love 4-ho-met - its one of my favourite psychedelics, and i'm quite a hardhead.
It tends to take ridiculous doses of LSD and shrooms to get as deep as i want to be. And i find 40mg metocin to be really nice.

This last post....really just sounds like you were tripping hard. :)

This.
I really love 4-ho-met - its one of my favourite psychedelics, and i'm quite a hardhead.
It tends to take ridiculous doses of LSD and shrooms to get as deep as i want to be. And i find 40mg metocin to be really nice.

This last post....really just sounds like you were tripping hard. :)

Might really be the case, but is still hard to realize at this moment