View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4 HO-MET in everclear

Wutang_Forever

Bluelighter
Should i expect lots of degradation from holding the 4-HO-MET in solution over long periods of time? It's slightly brownish now, show i expect a color change?

Ya, it is a very unstable compound. Not recommended to keep in solution even for short periods of time.

4-ho's tryptamines are very unstable, even more than 4-aco's.

If you want to keep it for long periods of time you should keep the powder in the freezer.

You should add an antioxidant like vitamine C to slow down oxidization when putting tryptamines in solution. I did it with 4-AcO-DMT years ago and it stayed stable for many months. Actually, I don't have any claims regarding the stability because it was gone before it lost any potency :D

I'm not really sure how exactly psilocin and its derivatives degraded, but definately via hydrolysis (reaction with water). unless you store it in absolute ethanol, you will have a small amount of water in your solution. and ethanol itself is also a protic solvent and I don't think that would do any good either.

I'm not really sure how exactly psilocin and its derivatives degraded, but definately via hydrolysis (reaction with water). unless you store it in absolute ethanol, you will have a small amount of water in your solution. and ethanol itself is also a protic solvent and I don't think that would do any good either.

But as I stated, my solution (with vodka, no less) stayed stable for quite a bit. The risk of hydrolysis makes sense, since that's the purported method for 4-AcO -> 4-HO metabolization in vivo, but in my experience that doesn't seem to have been the case.

But that's with an acetyl ester of a different compound, who knows how 4-HO-MET will react?

I have a solid dose left in the everclear. I'm gonna let it sit for awhile and see how it goes.

I've had success making a solution with glycerin. no noticeable drop in potency or color change after one month.