View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-HO-MET Comedown Bodyload, Itchy burning 'full tight skin' feeling

acidistheanswer

Greenlighter
This is something I've been wanting to address for quite some time. I've found similar posts and discussions around different forums but no solid answer / remedy for the problem.

Throughout my metocin experiences, ranging from 5-60mg, I've noticed different degrees of an uncomfortable bodyload I get at the latter part of the trip, always the comedown. People are throwing words down, such as vasoconstriction, allergy etc. but still unsure as to what it actually is.

During the end of the trip and comedown, I often get a progressive feeling, mainly in my legs. In that my skin begins to feel tighter and more 'full', this feeling at its peak last around an hour and then settles over the course of 2-4 hours, the feeling is almost as if my body is being pumped up, really feeling the tightness of my legs.

My worst case, I felt a burning itch sensation that almost felt as though my legs were to burst, hands itchy very restless, at the time it was worrying and caused me to be ill for around 6 hours, was sick, dizzy but this was a few days after taking md, lsd, where I redosed 20mg 3x (i know stupid) etc. so my body was already worn out and serotonin used. This taught me not to be so stupid with dosing and trying to chase a dissappointing trip with redoses and haven't been so stupid since.

That was the worst case and haven't had anything to the degree since the second highest dose being 30mg. however there's still always been this uncomfortable feeling at the end of the tripin that I wouldnt be able to sleep for a few hours afterwards, IT i'snt present at the peak or start, only the end. So I'm not sure whether its my bodies reaction like an allergy.

I've used metocin probably around 8 times in the last year, varying degrees with only 4 trips 20mg+. On these trips I would be sat down mainly, some dancing and movement. Usually smoke a joint (w/ baki inside, maybe get rid of the baki?)

Although times I've taken it alongside MDMA I've never noticed these effects, although were doses around 10-15mg.

Some people will hopefully recognise what I'm talking about as it's difficult to explain, but you'd definitely know if you had the feeling if I throw around the words 'full' 'tight' 'numb?' 'itchy' 'restless' 'burning' skin I get it mainly in my legs. The LEGS don't APPEAR SWOLLEN or discoloured, or maybe to a certain degree but I haven't noticed it.

I'd firstly likely to know the attributors to this bodyload, reaction, feeling. Could be a mixture of the vasocon and body reaction from what I've read, but I really don't know the science.

From these hopefully some ways I can minimise it, remedies, treatments. Obviously I'd love to carry on with the chemical as it's has provided me with some truly bliss moments in the trip, just the aftermath doesn't feel healthly and thats the most important thing I'd like to tackle if possible.

Appreciate all the shared experiences on this and any knowledge yourselves can provide!

Thanks again

I haven't noticed the feelings in the legs which you've described although I do tend to feel quite "fried" afterwards and generally a bit raw and irritable, sore eyes, etc. I find it hard to get to sleep for a good while ..usually can't sleep until the following night as it tends to be quite stimulating.. more so than 4-HO-MiPT and 4_ACO-DMT imo.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply, I get what you're saying for most psychs and definitely LSD, fried feeling restless sore eyes.

But with Metocin for me this is definitely more of a bodily reaction, completely different to the comedowns of other psych substances I've tried 2cb, shrooms, lsd. I'm yet to try another RC such as 4-aco-dmt, although I can get it from the same source it would be interesting to see if that RC does a similar thing for me on the comedowns and whether its definitely metocin or to that source?
It's also happened on different batches same source, again though out of people I know personally, I seem to be the only one to highlight this bodyload / reaction.
Perhaps if people have suspicions they could recommend if its mainly felt in the legs (thighs / calves) and lesser so hands arms and legs, possible circulation issues etc. Again I don't know the science just trying to throw some ideas around so someone can correct me or expand if I'm onto something.
Cheers again

Are you by chance overweight?

No actually, I'm underweight tbh.

Haven't been so active last couple years, probably need to increase circulation with my legs but I'm not sat down all the time, do a decent amount of walking, eat fairly healthy (22).

***I have done an allergy test before with first time taking metocin 2mg, however that showed no alarms with the bodyload I get, maybe I should do another to rule out any allergy

I am allergic to penicillin or at least was when I was very young (baby).

Last edited:
4-Ho-Met causes tachycardia and insomnia towards the end of the trip, and only sometimes. Anyway, I think it's a pretty benign drug.
What you describe I have never felt with any psychedelic. The only time I felt I could die was an Ayahuasca trip that destroyed me mentally and physically.

DocLad

Sounds to me as another case of TNF-a overexpression - psychedelics may cause numerous side-effects on one's immune system being TNF-a inhibitors. Drug-induced lupus seems to somewhat fit the description you gave and it had happened to me on various psychedelic substances, so I am very aware of it. Also check out symptoms of regular "Lupus". These or similar symptoms may be caused by large enough doses of psychedelics as I understand it. Similar things happened to me on different psychedelics, especially prominent in times of abusing them too often.

With certain substances, LSD and DOx in particular, the level of TNF-a inhibition is as significant as 5-HT activation (perhaps caused by it).

IME certain anti-histamine drugs may be of temporal help, benzos also help.

Sounds to me as another case of TNF-a overexpression - psychedelics may cause numerous side-effects on one's immune system being TNF-a inhibitors. Drug-induced lupus seems to somewhat fit the description you gave and it had happened to me on various psychedelic substances, so I am very aware of it. Also check out symptoms of regular "Lupus". These or similar symptoms may be caused by large enough doses of psychedelics as I understand it. Similar things happened to me on different psychedelics, especially prominent in times of abusing them too often.

With certain substances, LSD and DOx in particular, the level of TNF-a inhibition is as significant as 5-HT activation (perhaps caused by it).

Good reading Volsam.

DocLad

Interesting it causing tachycardia, as I usually notice a slower breathing rate and heart rate on the comedowns. Haven't measured the heart rate or anything so could just be my perception. Appreciate the response :)

Hmm I'll have to do some proper reading into the drug induced lupus. The first 'real' time I noticed the body reaction was after my first bad and most worrying experience and 3rd time taking metocin, when I took 3x 20mg redoses on one night, a few days after md, lsd and metocin. So this actually sounds realistic and hense why it only happens when my body is exposed to this chemical and no other psychs.

Therefore I'm getting the impression when my body's exposed to this chemical, it's its way of reacting in the latter stages of the trip once the effects are wearing?

I'll be looking into anti-histamines i.e. benadryl?

Massively appreciate the knowledge, cheers again :)

***EDIT
Although both times when I have taken it on a night with MDMA, I can't say I have noticed the reaction.

That's messed up :(

I have had an allergy like feeling reaction to 4-HO-MET actually, one of the most recent times I tried it.. yet I am fine on lysergamides..

I wonder if there are interactions with things like Reishi.. Actually I might have drank too much alcohol in the period before I took that 4-HO-MET and alcohol is known to raise cytokines quite a bit I think...

Retried metocin in a combo with LSD. I had anti-histamines at hand this time Benadryl. Took it around the same time as the Metocin, still got the bodyload although I felt like it wasn't as uncomfortable as usual tbh so might have helped!

Anyway going to decrease my metocin use and see if taking long breaks between doses also lessens the severity of the reaction.

Thanks again