Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-HO-DET / Various accounts, low dose) - Once - More Trials

twentysix

Bluelighter
My first experience with this compound was at approximately 15-20 mg, depending on absorption. I was extremely tired, or not really, but hadn't slept but 3 hours, or so. It was also administered rectally. I think the intensity of the experience made me shield myself from letting anything really happen that I could work with. I already had a bad body feeling before going in. Vasoconstriction, or whatever it is that I was feeling. Anxiety. Blood vessels constrict, yea.

I decided to trial the drug a couple of other times.

My initial purpose, was actually to test to see if I react (hypersensitivity/allergy) to this substance. I was confident I wouldn't though. This was sparked by an idea that the fumarate salt of Psilacetin caused a reaction (but a hydrochloride salt, or freebase might not). I got effects, and headache similar to when I consume malic acid or citric acid, the other night, with the psilacetin- as fumarate, and a certain headache the day after. I blamed this on the 4-HO-DET, and this report shows that it likely wasn't the culprit, in my case.

I also wanted to explore, more. But the above was a primary goal. But, why not make it a little fun? (ehh)

One day, I decided to take (I think) 7 mg, orally. This did produce light, minor effects. I did it prior to working, and while at work experienced the effects. I was down mostly by the time I had to talk to anybody. The most I felt around people, was relaxed, and actually quite on my job, and in good spirits. Things were "enhanced", in ways. Smells stronger. Visual acuity might be greater, and lights brighter, but not too distracting.

I am "hallucinating" constantly as far as science might have a base for understanding certain things that occur to me. I'm constantly tripping. I've been tripping since birth. These states, don't feel far from home. Not to be justifying- or trying, but I guess I am. It may have been reckless- doing this at work, but I was confident I could handle it, and was extra careful with dosage at the time (just don't remember exactly, now). My interactions with people 90% of the time only last a second, and if they last more, 95% of that time is spent just in each other's presence, not talking. I work with busy people. They don't have time to make conversation, and have so many other "things" to pay attention to. Do you pay that much attention to the UPS guy? Here, sign this. Thanks. I'm simply polite. Hello. Thank you. Goodbye. At this dosage, it was barely noticed, while at work (well, noticed, but could put it aside, and just enjoy it's energy). I could notice it. I did see some color shifting. That was the extent of anything like that, it seemed. I thought a light was too bright, once when feeling mostly otherwise sober (just... different. signature in body, bright, feel okay). I think I may have double dosed that day.

I did take a second dose that day, and this is when I noticed the color shifting, a couple of hours later, but not much else. In the red-yellow range. Orange. Seemingly. I don't know, it's like a light got brighter or more dim, all of the sudden. It may have gone back and fourth.

The drug does leave the mind intact, for me. Feelings, it does effect, somewhat. More with more, I imagine. But able to stay rational, or not panic.

Overall, I found it a nice second look at the substance. I did- however, experience a good bit of tension, but I don't even know if that's really entirely related to the drug. I know some of it is, but as it is it's not much worse than what I've been getting, naturally, in response to certain stressors. Marijuana is quite often a stressor, unless I can just let loose. I've been smoking before work/"at work", and this adds tension because I can be called upon at any time. I spend a lot of time on call.

Now to the third attempt, second in this written account. This one I insufflated 5-6 mg (I think. I forget), and went and got a haircut, and an oil change. The haircut kind of sucks, as I'm balding, and they left too much "hair" on top. I couldn't tell them to fix it. I was coming up on this drug. Her movements were leaving trails. It was intense, but not. I sort of just shut my eyes and let her cut. It was a place in a mall of many Hispanic shops, and other culture. Greek, I don't know. I've been getting it cut there since I worked at a pizza-place next door. She spoke little English. I wouldn't have been able to handle myself that well in a place where everyone understood English/there were white people, at this time. Too close, would too easily understand the cues about my behavior- that I am "odd" (I was already "odd"/uncommon, there, immediately). My skin was flushed. I was withdrawn into myself. These things are accepted in the environment I was in- not that I was completely withdrawn. Available, but on my own.

I can't put a clear time-table on the come-up. But it was felt almost immediately. It is definitely different than oral, but only slightly- because you still get the oral experience, just softened up quite a bit. At least, that's how I see it. The softening is because you're hit hard there in the nasal cavities- wherever it goes, but it can't all absorb. You get that drip. You get tolerance + a smaller dose (probably) orally. But over all, the amount actually absorbing nasally, if you get any significant drip, can't be near as much as you put in. If you could absorb it all at once (say, stand upside down, or hang there, and have someone pour it in in some kind of liquid, and hold it there for awhile), it would probably be way too much. (?) Depending on substance. But I imagine it's like a crude, but more natural way of IM, or IV... Less efficient/cost effective in ways, because of this way it partially absorbs there, and there, too, but rewarding nonetheless for many things, apparently.

I drove on this substance. The effects were mainly "stimulant". I'd feel a lot worse on caffeine driving (without a tolerance). There was, however, some mind-expansion, and a lowering of inhibitions, once I left that place, and went to get an oil change. I didn't feel paranoid. People didn't seem to make much of me other than "other human" or whatever, talking normally, showing respect to me- as I did them. I had more energy, though, than I normally do- not like rocket man, but I was awake. I was in an altered state, able to enjoy it, and function around others.

I paid a bill, on time.

Went home, and I don't really remember what I did. Played Halo, maybe. Met a neighbor. Met her immediately after putting it up the nostril, earlier. She had just moved in. Egyptian native. Victim's Advocate. Picture of Jesus (the one where he's looking to the side- popular image.) looking at my apartment, on a wall directly as you enter. But I think I may have talked to her again. This... perhaps after I took a second dose. Very nice girl. And no crazy fragrances that I've noticed. Good.

This dose was smaller, as I knew I may have to work, shortly. I was on call. I remember I removed the subwoofer from the enclosed space behind the tv, which is a shared wall with the new girl. She's really nice, and I knew the sound was resonant, so I moved it for this reason, and because I felt it was ruining the sound quality for me, being where it was. This was true. Win win. With the second dose (which I remember, came after this re-positioning), I got a headache, and not much else. Intensification of colors. Felt tense. A slight effect, yes... and yes, I felt the signature (I do for awhile after tryptamines end, and enjoy that a lot about them). But then, this headache. I took it as I was "spent" for the moment. My understanding of my personal physiology isn't enough to accurately measure the right dose for the desired effects. I wonder if a low-shot can cause these headaches. Like a failed go. Blue balls. I don't know.

But, I was tolerant. It wasn't at all bad. I was called to work a couple of times, but told my dispatch that I had to stop, because as it turns out- my haircut wasn't the only thing not done "right" earlier that day. The guys at the place I went to, spilled oil down the back of the engine block. "It happens"- they say. Man... no. Devise a way so it doesn't happen. A tiny drop here and there is "understandable". A mistake like this is understandable, but this is the second time with the same place. This was a chance at redemption. Now my car smells like burnt candles, or oil- you know. The smell was in the cabin. It was on my clothing. And the smoke rolling out.

But anyways, I told them I couldn't work, after I was finished with the current job, per the issue with my car. I got off at 2:00 A.M., and was sent a text by a girl, asking me something. We just started conversation, online. Dating site. She contacted me. I forget what about. This was welcomed, and perfect timing, which is curious considering something else surrounding her- the same/similar, in perfect timing... But moving forward, I continued to have conversation with her, and then got home.

The time would now be, well, 7 hours after my initial dose (I'm sorry, second dose. Like 10-11 after initial). Still feel that "signature".

In conversation with this girl, another sends me a message, asking what I am up to. Before I answer, perhaps (I forget), she asks if I was up for any "casual company tonight". I- with attempted charm, obliged. This has never happened, so direct. And she would be the last image, except for the PD forum (an attempt to visit), that my phone viewed, before it went kaput, today- the day after. Hmm.

She contacted me. I went over there. "Fuck it. Fun.". My initial instinct was to roll a J, just in case. But I didn't. I was in a hurry, and was kind of afraid she may change her mind, or something. I got there, and I recognized her. She's a cashier at a place (natural grocery) I frequent- or was... She now works another position at the same place. Cute girl- never would have thought, but you know, people. We were you.

Interaction came easy, because of this connection. It was a little awkward, though. I mentioned about the marijuana, and she seemed excited that I might have brought it- so I drove her car (she had had a couple- or so drinks)- mine being an office (and smelling of burning oil), back to my place, and we went up, to roll. I mentioned about the compounds I had been "researching", and she seemed interested. She had tripped on shrooms. She had a certain innocence to her, but was definitely exploratory. I can't tell, though- not knowing her, if she is somehow depressed, perhaps, and this is why she reached out in this way, and was open to just about anything. I had to sway "no" with her, a couple of times. She was going to let me fuck her without a condom. I didn't bring one- her being the initiative one (well, this came later). And I seemed to have to be really hesitant about letting her try anything, especially that 4-HO-DET, (or Psilacetin), at 4:30 A.M., when she had to work at 1.

Perhaps it's insecurity, her seeming sway to my direction. I can understand that. Maybe it's the way I was with her , then. Slightly, confident. I had a minor amount of 5-MeO-MiPT, that I mentioned- about it's pleasure-enhancing and this-way enhancing effects. She seemed interested, but we got out of that, which was good, I think. I was at the end of my day. Etc.

The sex, later, after the J, was good. But I can't say I was really in it, completely. I did however perform well, actually better than I can remember, in recent times, allowing her to climax multiple times, and it was really nice for me, in the end, as well, a dramatic "shot", and resting into her. Very natural feeling. I can tell she's very open to experiences, which makes me want to be open to them, with her, but I don't know if I can be, or will be.

Her cat took an interest in me, and she was impressed with how I handled it. I don't know, really, but people tend to say their animals don't react to me the way they react to other people. My friend's border collie/dingo, whatever they are called.. Blue Healer! Right. It adopted me as a friend, where this was extremely rare, I guess. Perhaps a first. Maybe it's simply these people instilling their trust, with these animals, making me feel welcome, wanting me to feel special. But I do find I "make peace" with animals really well. One of us. But this one was also very "alive", and curious, interested, engaged in what was happening... The way she would use her paws/claws, so delicately. You could tell she (a calico) was cogniscient... had understanding.

Her eyes (back to girl) were very nice. I almost saw family, though. Like my sister. Not that she looks like my sister. Her last name- Hart, which I found- you know, cool. Though it's a deer-animal, the sound, and it's often interchanged in ways. Both girls I was in contact with through this period of testing 4-HO-DET (and out), who contacted me, mentioned Corgi dogs, and one other. One was a Corgi-Something mix, and another just Corgi. I need to look at a Corgi, now.

But, I'll cut it here.

I concluded that morning at home, smoking a joint, watching a movie called "High School"- which despite bad ratings from critics, I enjoyed... Especially the part where the toad says "What", and everyone says "What", the multiple times.

Also took car to a place that hasn't messed up yet, to get it checked for anything loose (oil filter...), and it that's where I learned it did indeed have oil on the block, where I couldn't really get to it, but they cleaned it off decently for me. I notice I'm acting a bit... weird. I struggle to find certain words/how to put thought to word, not to say I'm tripping here, but I get this as an after-effect of tryptamines, seemingly, if I stay up. At least- the 4 subs, that I've noticed, and mushrooms. Can't remember AMT. I don't think it did it. But, at the shop, I was fine. They may have known I was stoned, due to my eyes...

Next day- after rest, I feel normal. Fine Good.

I plan on trying this compound again. I believe the highly "social" push that I put on the drug this time, in the beginning- the experience of getting out, well, it went with what occurred later on in the evening, well. I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Nice read. I also like to experiment with low doses in social situations. In this way, I have used mushrooms, 2CE, 5MEOMIPT/5MEODIPT, AMT and 25CNBOME.

4HODET holds a special place in my heart because I experienced my first ++++ with 10mg insufflated. I didn't seem to have potential as a social enhancer, but maybe I should reevalute after reading this.

Thanks. As some small amount was left over on the surface, I imagine I might have been down by one mg, or so, which may count.

After reading your ++++ on 10 mg insufflated, I'm curious about that. I'm glad mine didn't hit me like a ton of bricks, but I had two-hours, at the least, before I had to work any, and then, I could safely delay some amount of time, and the duration of 4-HO insufflated is less.

I wanted to mention, I was getting a strobing sensation while getting my haircut. Dance music was playing. Quite enjoyable. I wrote this- during and somewhat closer to the experience, as well, which seems to show that I was higher than I lead on-perhaps, in the report, which was true (I might forget some stuff), but it was definitely manageable. Duration of main effects helped, I think.

I found with my short time with 2C-E, that with certain low doses of it, social activity was pleasureful- nothing like high doses. A different world. Warm, humorous. Good spirited. Sometimes the low dose is really nice, definitely.

I had one of my best conversations- it was just felt, and loving, with my parents, on I forget how much weight in dry psilocybes... around a gram maybe. They were both on the phone. I was at college. I laid on the couch, completely comfortable with talking to them. The conversation went three ways, and was harmonious. It went on for around 40 minutes, or so- I forget really. But it was good.

Last edited:
About the ++++, there's not much more that I can say. I did write my thoughts and feelings down after the eperience, but I didn't make a trip report, socan't tell you about the timescales. ALthough I can mention time was meaningless ;). Also, this was at the end of a "binge", although I don't like to use that world when talking about psychedelics. Sometimes, I use psychedelics 2 or 3 days in a row. No fullblown trips, but just as social or sensory enhancers. I think I tripped on 4HOMET the day before. I slept and ate normally, and the day after I took the 4HODET. I don't deny tolerance, as I've sure felt it sometimes. But using different susbtances 2days in a row, is sometimes even cumulativ for me. Lik the afterglow of the first experience creates a launching platform for the next ? I think this is why my ego died (HARD and A LOT) I might say, with the 4HODET as I mentioned. Also important for adding (for me): I have had 2 more ++++'s and with all these (including the one with 4HODET) the trip started watching Twin Peaks, which I find beautifully emotional.

Yeah, I can't imagine having my hair cut while under the influence. Must be some experience !

2CE is definetly a whole other substance under 10mg. 5-8mg is social for me. 9-18mg is not interestin. Not far enough to be considered tripping, too far away to go outside and have regular human interaction. WHen I want to fullblown trip on it, I take 20-25mg.

I talked to my grandmother once on the phone under 2CE. Very compassionate indeed. I have wanted to mention to my parents for a long time my interest in psychedelics, which has in turn made me appreciate my parents more. Alas, generation gap, I guess.

Tried it again at around 20 mg, then 5 insufflated about 2 hours in. The experience was never really beyond ++ for very lung, if it was. Good time, but I must have had a tolerance. Still, it was a really relaxed timr. Not tense like before. Set helped. Perhaps Ill come back and write about it. Tired now.