• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-HO-5-MeO-DMT ?

I think in the Jochen Gartz paper that first cited this method had a rather specific ratio, but i'm not sure. I'll look up on that and edit or post again

Would it be feasible to make an aqueous solution of 5-meo-something and put it on the substrate of already growing psilocybe cubensises if they are very young(1 week since inoculation)?

If so I can totally do this all I need is my 5-meo-something

so, like uh, yeah.

I was just wondering...

// how much of 5-meo-mipt would I add to say one jar
+ I would probs want to add it to growth media after autoclaving so it doesn't get destroyed right? what would be the best method to do something like that?

Also, what would the resulting chem be called?

theoretically 4-ho-5-meo-mipt

yes I would add it after you have sterilized the jar (use a little filter so you can inject a solution into the jars maybe?)

I bet bird seed would work real well maybe for this type of liquid tryptamine soaking project...but thats just a guess

was just wondering...

// how much of 5-meo-mipt would I add to say one jar
Check the materials & methods of the Jorchen Gartz link in my previous post and substitute 5-meo-mipt for DMT

Someone found sources to rc with name of 4-HO-5-MeO-DMT. What is this? Wikipedia says it's counterpart to 5-MeO-DMT, but are the effects same? I could not find any info from internet. Thank you!

^I don't know, would it be orally actve (even briefly)??

Yep, but in a shroom cultivation use. Is there any info about dosage, effects etc?

as far as i know its theoretical.

shulgin suggested adding 5-meo-dmt to mushroom substrate might produce it.

no ideas as far as suggested dose.

I would be very careful; 5-MeO's in general can be very potent and somewhat dangerous. I'm sure there is a LOT more to consider but won't two polar groups at 4th and 5th positions make it easier for the molecule to cross the bbb and thus increase potency?

increased polarity actually reduces BBB penetration by the way
this is why 5ht (serotonin) doesn't cross BBB
4-ho-dmt forms intramolecular hydrogen bonds, effectively "hiding" the polar 4-ho group by associating it with the amine
since 5-meo-dmt has no trouble passing the BBB, i suspect 4-ho-5-meo-dmt to also pass well

but we have no idea what kind of potency it has. notice from tikhal that 5,6-dimethoxy-mipt is "completely without action"

Honestly, I don't buy the whole thing about shrooms being able to produce a 4-hydroxytryptamine from every tryptamine chemical placed in there...

Base tryptamines like DMT, DiPT, DPT, MET, DET, MiPT, etc., I can believe...

But a 5-methoxytryptamine is MUCH more complex than a base tryptamine and I just can't see the mushroom being able to turn 5-MeO-DMT into anything on the 4 position.

Shulgin hinted in it in the story part of Tihkal... I can find where.