• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-fa & 4-ho-met, low dose combinantion for DJing!

PhyllipThylamine

Bluelighter
I'm not often Trip Reporting on here but there has been some discussion (as usual) about combining various simulant & psychedelic compounds so I thought I'd chuck in my penny's worth on the matter.

At the weekend recently SWIM... (haha only joking)... I found myself in a beautiful valley in the South of England at a small gathering of good friends for a rare outdoor party. The site was on a slight rise not far from a small village. A mate who has a small PA & a small marquee lives in the village & a relation of his owns the land. Weather was bright but chilly. Myself & my lady friend arrived in the late afternoon to find the guys setting shit up. We put up a small tent, smoked a couple of fat spliffs & once the system was up & running, I got on the decks & started spinning. I started out with some deep dub, tribal grooves type shit leading into a couple of my own trancers after which I ploughed into a box full of techno & bass heavy, tribal trance. About an hour into my 3.5 hour set I necked a bomb containing 90mg of 4-fa & about a half hour later, another bomb of 3mg of 4-ho-met. Once this had established it's usual sublime effect & I could feel the air beneath my feet the music started to sound fucking good & my mixing started getting better. Stims almost always get me into the groove, with cocaine being a favourite but requiring continued dosing that 4-fa did not. The first 4-ho-met dose barely worked so I soon had another. This stuff comes on FAST! Within 10 minutes colours had brightened considerably & I kept getting wierd shadows & strange, peripheral movement which sometimes drew my attention from the decks! I continued with 4-fa bombs, 60mg & finally 40mg & had one more 3mg 4-ho-met bomb, just to keep me going. A couple other DJ's spun for a few hours but by 3am I was back on for a final hour of full on, pumping nrg.

I dosed very conservatively with the psychdelic because my experiences mixing MDMA with 2-ce was surprisingly intense, so intense I would never have been able to spin & in fact, I had to leave a club & go home coz I was getting the freak on! Knowing that I had to keep focus for the DJing meant I kept the doses down. But the combined affect was greater than either compound would have been on their own.

I felt confident & happy, chatted away to pretty much anyone I came across. However I was unable to sleep in the tent despite taking 3 Etizolam & smoking big, pure weed spliffs. I just layed there, wired, as you do. Luck my gf got a few hours & by 3pm we had packed up & driven the 2 hours back into London. I went to bed about 5:30pm on the Sunday evening, having been awake since Sat morning, obviously. But fuck I slept well, 14 hours! Got into work at the usual time Monday morning & apart from being a little tired I noted only the most minor come-down. Tuesday & Wednesday that week also went by without a hitch so I can recomend this combination. My tolerance for stims is way down after a long break but I still got the usual, expected affect from the fa & the added psychedelia was gorgeous.

Should I find myself partying without DJing, I'd defintely up the 4-ho-met but 200mg of 4-fa is about as much as I want to take.

Take care people & don't overdo it!

Love Ph <3

Nice report! These are two of my personal faves. I combined them a couple times, though in lower doses than you mentioned. 4-HO-MET is a total mindfuck for me...not so sure why people consistently refer to it as "lacking emotional depth".

I find 4-fa brilliant for DJing as well. I also love metocin, though I've never combined the two. I also find it full of mindfuck sometimes, this may be more due to set and setting than the 4-ho-met. My favorite drug while DJing has got to be 6-apb, in smaller doses, maybe 100-125mg. Too much, and I can lose track of what I'm doing. Thanks for the report, and happy spinning.

I love happy reports like this, thank you! This sounds like a great combo; I've never combined a psychedelic with another stimulant (not that I can remember) and it is definitely something I want to do soon. I've read so many good things about candyflipping, and I have to believe that there are some great RC combos too. Your report definitely sells it for me, since I love 4-HO-MET.

Hope you're having a great summer <3

At the weekend recently SWIM... (haha only joking

At the sight of this I started salivating/raging like Pavlovs frothing dogs at the thought of having to go through this and replace swim with 'I.'

Dick.

=D

Thanks for the report btw sounds interesting. You were smart to keep the doses reasonably small.

At the sight of this I started salivating/raging like Pavlovs frothing dogs at the thought of having to go through this and replace swim with 'I.'

Dick.

=D

Thanks for the report btw sounds interesting. You were smart to keep the doses reasonably small.

Heehee =D

Yeah, I didn't want it to go too wobbly, & obviously, one has to be a wee bit wary with the initial go at combinations. I guess with any "new venture" you need a nice clean screen & some thoughtful dosing. I was amongst good friends, & not many of them, so losing it wouldn't have been problematic. I was more concerned with unwanted physical effects, such as lasting stimulation, which of course is exactly what I ended up with. I suspect next time I'll increase the met, taking it sooner too, & lower the fa (or perhaps squeeze the fa doses closer together). I find met on it's own is a wee bit stimulating at the tail-end, but it's not long acting so I'm sure a higher dose wouldn't be too over-stimulating combined with a fuller fa hit.

I love happy reports like this, thank you! This sounds like a great combo; I've never combined a psychedelic with another stimulant (not that I can remember) and it is definitely something I want to do soon. I've read so many good things about candyflipping, and I have to believe that there are some great RC combos too. Your report definitely sells it for me, since I love 4-HO-MET.

Hope you're having a great summer <3

Thanks not too bad, & you? Less rain'd be nice Haha! I wonder about some of the less obvious RC stim such as mpa, but for partying a little entactogenesis is necessary, & I'm not getting much other than stright stimulation from mpa.

But my gf (& I to a degree, as disociatives aren't entirely my thing) have been messing with a combination of mxe & 2c-d after advice from Shambles to try comnbining Ket & 2c-d for mad audio effects. I can't get Ket but a little left over mxe does indeed go very nicely with 2c-d, very musically friendly, very audio enhancing. So far doses have been 10mg of each up with nose but higher, swallowed doses have been tested & I'll run off another report sometime soon.

Anyways, thanks folk for your kind words & replies :) Peace <3
Ph

Last edited:
MXE and 2c-p combined extremely well for me.

I do believe any insight I attained were attributed to the MXE alone, as I tried taking 2c-p on its own and it was just boring and not really great at all. Got up to a large dose before making that claim, so I'm fairly certain it doesn't lend well to me.

Lasts FAR too long.

I think MXE and a reasonable dose of 2c-c or 2c-d even has the potential to be a truly transcending combination.

As far as past comarisons the only other experience I have to go on is 2ct-2 at a +2, 2.5 on its own. Introducing quite a bit of ketamine later on was absolutely marvelous and breathtaking. This was far different than the MXE/2c-p breakthrough experience though, as I found that combination much more profound and of course, longer acting. Had to submit to it completely using mindfulness meditation to keep me grounded. It was like being reborn in a very literal sense. Great potential here.

I'd love to try it with a plant hallucinogen, namely mushrooms or dmt. Mescaline would be interesting I think as well. I believe that MXE has the potential to be a wonderful adjunct to traditional psychedelics, assuming the combinations are dosed responsibly and that there would be no dangerous interactions.