Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

4 arrested in connection with overdose death of actor Michael K. Williams

phenethylo J

Bluelight Crew
Sophie Reardon
MSN
2/2/22

Four people have been arrested in connection with the overdose death of actor Michael K. Williams, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York said in a press release Wednesday. Williams died last year at the age of 54.

Irvin Cartagena, 39; Hector Robles, 57; Luiz Cruz, 56; and Carlos Macci, 70, were "each charged with conspiracy to distribute and possess with intent to distribute fentanyl analogue, fentanyl, and heroin," which carries a maximum sentence of 40 years in prison. Cartagena was also charged with causing Williams' death in connection with the alleged conspiracy, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison, the U.S. attorney's office said.

Sentencing seems similar to free base cocaine legislation from years past. If almost all street opiates are adulterated with or comprised of fent or fent spin offs are we going to arrest ourselves out of this situation? 40 years to life does not bring the victim back and will do nothing to address the problem.

He was literally doing a docuseries about drugs and drug culture right before or during this... it made me so sad to here.

But I have another question, why do they only chase down dealers after an OD from famous people? They would never do this with an average junky....

why? for publicity? to make a few sad fans happy? I don't really get it.

@PriestTheyCalledHim just saw your post, same question here man, and I really don't think they do-- or if they do, they surely don't make a big effort out of it

it definitely has happened before. the precedent is certainly there.

my guess is that more a likely scenario would be a personal suit from the deceased's family as opposed to local/state prosecution for homicide

Do they investigate and arrest people responsible for overdose deaths of people who are not actors/celebrities?
Yes. I know someone who did a year, for I guess either selling or providing heroin to a kid that died. Wasn't there or anything, he was just the one that gave it to him, which they discerned through either witnesses or cell phone evidence.