View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-amino-3-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)butanoic acid

Doctor Steve Brule

Greenlighter
Does anybody know what this is? Looks like a TMA analogue or something?
sjefwrt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No. It's mescaline with a carboxylic group on the beta carbon. I definitely doubt this is active on it's own. Except if it should work as a prodrug cleaving of the acetic acid, but I really doubt that.

I think it's a one-step "precursor" to mescaline. So it's probably possible to have the acetic acid part come off in a chemical reaction. I know that source used to sell precusors for mescaline before anyway, so it wouldn't be the first time.

Maybe it works with Benzerazid or another comparable decarboxylase-inhibitor. i think alpha-methyl-mescaline is active, if it is working it's way to the brain it could get decarboxylated there

I moved the image to another host, NEVER link to an image from a vendor directly.

Alpha-methyl mescaline is TMA (TMA-1) and is active yes:
https://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal157.shtml

If you inhibit decarboxylase, you would prevent conversion - that seems like the opposite of what you'd want to achieve?
I personally would not recommend in vivo decarboxylation especially with a compound that already requires a high dosage - you would have to take even more which is not a particularly safe plan.

Don't think you can cleave the whole acetic acid moiety just like that, incunabula.
But until more information surfaces I would consider this a potential precursor, not a pro-drug. Synth discussion not being allowed.

Don't think you can cleave the whole acetic acid moiety just like that, incunabula.
But until more information surfaces I would consider this a potential precursor, not a pro-drug. Synth discussion not being allowed.
Yeah, I hope it was clear that I was just guessing. It sounds likely that it would take several steps to convert it to mescaline, as well as probably taking considerable skill and knowledge, not to mention the right glassware and a fume hood. :)

I think it was 3,4,5-trimethoxybenzaldehyde they used to stock before, as well as 2C-H actually.

Well, I mean, to be fair, it is an analogue of phenibut, which people take in amounts that make mescaline doses look tiny. I'm not saying that guarantees any sort of safety at all, just that something which is most similar to mescaline and phenibut doesn't really make me feel too alarmed at the thought of having to take a high dose. That's assuming that it is actually meant to be active though, which like others I'm doubting it is.

Also, it would form beta-methylmescaline, would it not?

It's over 7 years later and I'm still a dang greenhorn level bluelighter! At least Dougie Doozer didn't jump out from behind another windmill and blow paprika extract into everybody's dang eyeballs again!