• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 4-AcO-MET causing paranoia - Do Tryptamines/Psychedelics cause paranoia via D2 receptors?

3MeO

Bluelighter
4-AcO-MET has a high binding affinity for D2 receptors. I can now see that I am having quite the mind fuck using 4-aco-met after running some micro, low, and medium dose trips. Do any veterans in the space know if this makes sense?

Am I simply prone to paranoia and this drug therefor is more likely to produce it in me?
I suppose if I'm inducing neuro&synaptic genesis via TrkB & BDNF while paranoid that I could be editing my neural net to be more paranoid.

Conversely, it's also been as powerful as mushrooms at producing therapeutic changes to my thinking, but it's finnicky. My very first afterglow with the compound was a 5mg test run with cannabis. As with mushrooms, I had a strong desire to smoke pot throughout the experience, but did not until post peak. When I did(and do with mush/4aco) it always combines as if the cannabis is essential at some point. I would suggest not smoking any before/coming up/peaking, only after you know you're safe from becoming too high or chaotic lol.

I felt profoundly different the next day in the best way possible, like I had done therapy with a compound that stimulates the creation of new connections. My thinking had shifted the way a few years of therapy might do, you know what I mean? Everything I processed the night before stuck with me the next day so strongly, I was so aware of it. It was very, very significant and profound. I will never see psychedelics or drugs that stimulate BDNF the same. I'm willing to bet running NSI-189 while in a toxic relationship could aid in programming you to become more toxic than you would have if you hadn't made your brain as "plastic". Caution ought to be waived around plasticity.

I also can't help but believe a lot the magic comes from the novel TrkB/BDNF/neuro/synaptic-genesis effects which may take weeks or longer before that tolerance is reset. I say this for a few reasons such as above and how strongly my first micro 6ug of 1cp-lsd affected me after not having any type of L for years. It was extremely helpful, literally the most helpful medication. I feel the only way to regain those powerful effects would be abstinence for 2 weeks. Perhaps a week is sufficient, too. I wouldn't know just yet LOL(micro ~5 days a week, but I might stop that).

For context, I have a long history of psychosis with and without drugs, early childhood abuse(creates paranoid people?), and I have a very significant brain injury that was hypoxic, necrotic, inflammatory, and demyelinating.

If it's of any use, I found 5mg IM to be extremely potent, probably 4x oral as the day after I tried 20mg oral and had very little effects, a feeling of .5g mushrooms without tolerance at best indicating my tolerance from the prior night was right around there. I also found 2.5mg sublingual in distilled water at 50mg/ml to be very, very strong. I was surprised how strong this microdose ended up being LOL that was not a microdose!(hence this post :)

The thing is, I don't think 4-AcO-MET truly does have high binding affinity for D2. Judging on the data for 4-HO-MET, the relative affinity for D2 compared to 5HT2A (4,000nM versus 57nM) is very low and unlikely to result in D2 mediated psychosis at doses a person would actually use.