• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4-AcO-DMT hydroxysis into psilocin?

Hell nooooooooo.. no kids, not married, not really much different, maybe not as excited about chems... i had a lot of fun back then

So if you have the freebase (CAS 92292-84-7) like sold by many RC shops, you can basically just heat it in 25% acid vinegar for an hour, dump some baking soda on it and vitamin C and store it in the freezer?

Or would vinegar not work?

So if you have the freebase (CAS 92292-84-7) like sold by many RC shops, you can basically just heat it in 25% acid vinegar for an hour, dump some baking soda on it and vitamin C and store it in the freezer?

Or would vinegar not work?

Kind of.. Why the baking soda and Vit C though? It seems as though you are acidifying then basing the acidifying again which will only leave impurities in your final product.

You’re better off using just the vinegar (maybe even dilute it to 12.5% or 6.25% even.. experimentation needed but I wouldn’t personally use 25%) then letting it evaporate to leave the acetate salt.

-GC

The Vitamin C made sense to me for storage, like described in this post by @tregar, because it prevents oxidation and supposedly even reverses it.

He also described usage of baking soda to get rid of the acid, but you say it is safe to just boil it off?

I'm not a chemist, but this seem like a pretty easy reaction to do.

A friend of mine tried the vinegar method, 20mg in 15% vinegar held at 60-70C for 2.5 hours with a small candle until the vinegar was almost entirely evaporated. He took half of it rectally and the effects were entirely unchanged. He is convinced that the substance was not actually converted, since it remained exactly as potent as 10mg, it still took 15-30 minutes to come on (though it should have been faster if boofed and no longer a prodrug), and it also had the same tiring effect that people sometimes complain about. Though having never actually taken pure psilocin, it could actually just be identical in effect. Magic mushrooms seem to be very very similar to him.

Maybe vinegar just does not work?

I wonder why though, since the pH would be around 2.2 or so and 2.5 hours is plenty of time as well. Plus it seems odd that there were no losses from evaporation.

Last edited:
I've tried both plus some related compounds. I think the one I liked the most was 7-methyl AMT (or α,7-DMT if you prefer). The 7-methyl moiety produces substantial SERT activity. At low doses it's an entactogen and becomes psychedelic at higher doses. It's duration is also thankfully short (4 hours).

It's never turned up as an RC because synthesis is rather complex. It isn't noverl. Upjohn researched in in the 1960s. They also produced AET which was sold as MDMA for a few year (when MDMA was illegal but AET was legal).

Shulgin didn't make it, which surprised me. Upjohn mention them in several patents.