View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-AcO-DMT Help!

Sid_Newbie

Greenlighter
Hello, let me start off by saying I'm a complete newbie to psychedelics in general. I was talking with a friend and he mentioned 4-Aco-DMT, so I did a little more research into it and I am highly interested. I found a website selling 100mg cheap and I was wondering what a good dosage would be? Also, I do not have a scale. Would I have to acquire one or is there another way of measurement that is just as affective? Any tips about 4-AcO-DMT would be highly appreciated! :)

I don't have any experience with 4-Aco-DMT (isn't is just a prodrug for 4-HO-DMT?), but as far as dosages goes dissolving into a known volume of liquid and then accurately dosing with a syringe barrel or the like is a pretty good way to go. You would have to know how soluble your substance is (people generally use distilled water or concentrated ethanol), but for example if you can dissolve it in 100ml, then 1ml = 1mg. Check erowid for doses.

Volumetric dosing like described above is generally a good approach, but without ever having weighed the substance you still don't really know how strong your solution is. Sometimes vendors send (a lot) more than you have ordered and if you blindly believe that little pile of powder to be exactly 100mg you could be in for a surprise. Just making a solution and slowly titrating up because you know it may be a lot stronger than intended is at least safer than just eyeballing powder, but I would still strongly suggest that you get a scale. Also IIRC 4-AcO-DMT stored in solution degrades rather quickly.

I don't have any experience with 4-Aco-DMT (isn't is just a prodrug for 4-HO-DMT?), but as far as dosages goes dissolving into a known volume of liquid and then accurately dosing with a syringe barrel or the like is a pretty good way to go. You would have to know how soluble your substance is (people generally use distilled water or concentrated ethanol), but for example if you can dissolve it in 100ml, then 1ml = 1mg. Check erowid for doses.

That’s the theory but everyones found it different to psilocin so it’s reckoned to be active in it’s own right

It's definitely a different drug than psilocin, though similar in many ways. I find it feels a lot more like oral smoked DMT (if that makes sense) than psilocin, until a few hours in when it shifts gears.

Anyway, you should get a scale, you can get an AWS Gemini-20 on ebay or amazon for $20 or so. As someone above said, you can't trust that a vendor will send the amount they said.

I'd say 15mg would be a good starting place for dose, though you should do an allergy test with 1mg first.

Before I had any experience with DMT I remember taking 4-AcO-DMT and thinking 'this feels like how I imagined DMT visuals', and yeah it's definitely true. So I find it hard to believe it is purely a prodrug to psilocin. Anyone else find massive rushes of euphoria and an MDMA-like body high comes to them really easily on 4-AcO-DMT vs other psychedelics? It's really probably one of my favourite psychedelics I've tried.

I took 10mg the other day, it was rather mild...but still very nice.

I'd agree that 15mg is a good starting point.

And yeah do definitely get a set of scales otherwise it's impossible to be sure how much you're taking!!