• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-AcO-DMT - Fumarate to Freebase Recipe (Would this work?)

whitegreen

Bluelighter
I'm not asking this for me since I haven't touch any hallucinogen for many, many years since I don't consider myself being in a stable period in my life. If I ever am going to trip again, first of all it won't be on any RC's and my life has to be "stable", if you know what I mean.

And also, I am making a completely new thread since BOTH the big and dandy 4-AcO-DMT threads has been archived :(

And lastly the third and most important point before I actually start with the thread; I would like to apologize in advance if something doesn't make sense. I failed chemistry in high school, mostly because back then I didn't find it the least interesting and the only thing I did was smoking cannabis. But these days I am VERY interested in chemistry and how chemicals interact with each other or in biological beings. So all my limited knowledge at the moment is stuff I've learnt by researching every corner I could find of the internet. But not everything on the internet is true so... But I am certain you will understand me anyways! If not just ask what I meant with x or y and I will explain better if I can.

---

Anyhow, I have been searching for a recipe to help a friend out to make 4-AcO-DMT fumarate (which is a form of salt in this case if I am correct? and not the acid form (fumeric acid)) into the freebase form. I'm pretty sure he has it in the salt form and not acid form though since he said it was "crystal"-like. And salt in its natural form is crystals after all.

The only thing we found was ONE report of someone who made it into freebase and it's from a thread here at amazing Bluelight so I am going to quote that person and if you want to go to his thread click the small double-arrow icon after "Originally Posted by Marauder"

I took 30mg 4-aco-dmt, mixed with baking soda, a drop of water. put this paste into my pipe. Began applying heat and inhaling.

So, we will either (I will just assist just because I find this with chemistry interesting even due to my extremely limited knowledge with it :p But Google has answers for everything yes!) try that one or we will try a recipe which is based on making DMT fumarate to freebase and it seem very similar to Marauder's post but with a "different" chemical, actually almost the same one, Sodium carbonate which is basically just baking soda (Sodium bicarbonate which Marauder used) heated for an amount of time in an oven for example (at least hopefully it's that simple since baking soda can be bought in every grocery store). And also this process takes a bit longer. I find it quite weird that Marauder made it so quickly and he or she mentions paste and not "crystals" or whatever freebase form this will become.

From DMT-Nexus Wiki (in my own words, mostly)
You take an amount of DMT fumarate, add a small amount of water to dissolve the DMT fumarate. Then adding a solution of concentrated Na2CO3 (Sodium carbonate) to the water using an eye dropper. "The solution then becomes basic and the alkaloids crashed out as a cloud." (Quoted from the page)

Then let the solution settle for a few days and eventually collect the crystals.

Here's the recipe (with pictures): https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/DMT_Fumarate_to_DMT_Freebase

But seeing as that one is for DMT and not 4-AcO-DMT although they share a similar chemical compound is why I am making this thread :) Maybe someone knows if this same recipe could apply to 4-AcO-DMT or if we (or well, my friend) should stick to Marauder's "paste"?

So what would you experienced chemists (both professional and hobby chemists are invited! hooray) recommend? What would be the safest bet?

Personally I would like to try the one on DMT-Nexus since I am pretty sure the process takes longer than just "mix baking soda with 4-AcO-DMT and a drop of water and it's done" to become real freebase and not just paste, but then again, they are no the same chemical so what do I know, after all I failed chemistry in high school! ;) Might be it's as simple as Marauder puts it and the freebase form of 4-AcO-DMT is "paste".

Cheers everyone, hope you had a nice weekend. I sure did!

yeah 4-aco-dmt fumerate is the salt. I can't help you with converting the salt to a freebase, but i'm curious, why do you want to do this? 4-aco-dmt fumerate is great taken orally or nasally. I have heard you can even smoke the fumerate, so if that's why you are considering converting it to a freebase, maybe just try smoking what you have?

I don't ask those kinds of questions to my friend, he has his ideas! Like I wrote in the first post I won't do any of it at all, I'm just interested in how it works to transform it and this seem like something easy to start with. But I will tell my friend that it might be possible to smoke the fumerate, so thanks for that information mate!

Cheers!

Do the nexus tek just evaporate the water away to leave freebase powder.

I don't know why you'd need the freebase specifically? The fumarate will vaporize fine.

If I were doing this in the lab, I'd dissolve the 4-AcO-DMT fumarate in a minimum amount of water, add a solution of a base (either sodium carbonate or ammonium hydroxide) dropwise with stirring until the pH is alkaline and no precipitates are visible, then add dichloromethane or other nonpolar solvent to dissolve the freebase and seperate it out. Dry over magnesium sulfate, then evaporate the solvent to give you the freebase.

A cruder method would be to collect the precipitate after basifying on a filter paper.

No... Think of it like there acetate being a covalent bond while the fumarate is an ionic bond. I think that might actually be the difference, but I'm not sure.

Ester cleavage would only be expected if you have a strongly alkaline environment, an elevated temperature, or extended periods of exposure to aqueous alkali/acid.
If you gently tickle the fumarate off with a minimum amount of base it's a different scenario.

That said, ester cleavage won't ruin anything, after all the acetate ester is cleaved very rapidly in the body.