• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

4-acO-DMT for methadone potentiation

Domnule

Greenlighter
Anyone notice that 4-acO-DMT potentiates methadone the day after a trip?
I have been experimenting with 4-acO-DMT lately and am on a methadone maintenance program(have been for ~10 years).
I've noticed that the day after a 4-acO-DMT trip my methadone dose is quite a bit stronger...
The first time I took 4-acO-DMT I chalked up the fact that my methadone felt stronger to the fact that I was up late the previous night but after a couple more trips- the last of which was at 4pm last night and was able to sleep as early as midnight last night I truly believe that there is something to this.
After a trip I wake up with the positive post trip glow and, after I take my prescribed dose of methadone and my prescribed clonazepam, I actually kind of start to nod. It feels like I did when I first got on methadone. It is great.
Anyone else have this experience? Anyone have an explanation for this effect? 4-acO-DMT is a very interesting substance!
P.S.- Sorry, mods, I'm not sure where I should have posted this thread... feel free to move it to wherever you think it should go.
Thank you

Hey domnule! We dont really like threads that are dedicated solely to potentiating or "getting higher" you know? This is a little different though and I think it is an interesting topic in general. That is, psychedelics and how they influence Opioids and other drugs.

I'm far from being a pharmacist or a chemist, but I'm unaware of an interaction between DMT-like substances and Opioids. But, I also cant say there's a ton of information out there on the subject either!

I wouldn't be surprised if the introspection or what have you from the DMT caused you to subjectively feel or enjoy your Methadone dose the next day. I'm not taking away from or denying your experience, but I think that is a possibility.

Otherwise, let's hope some other folks have some experiences they can share with us?

Yeah, 4-acO-DMT is an interesting chemical. I'm not trying to encourage people to try to potentate opioids with acO- it is just something I noticed after some experimentation... it is kind of a hassle to solely try to potentiate my methadone with acO. I am much more into the psychedelics nowadays, not so much into trying to strengthen my methadone.
I'm a o chem major but don't know enough about the internal chemistry and possible interaction between the two... who knows, my experience may be mostly influenced by that warm peaceful afterglow that such psychedelics provide after the trip vs actual potentiation. I read an article about 4-acO-DMT recently that mentioned that it may help with opioid and nicotine addiction in some way but the article didnt provide a source to the statements it gave and I haven't been able to find any research connecting the two