• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

4-aco-Dmt edible chocolates

AirJesus

Greenlighter
Swim has aquired some "4-aco-Dmt and mushroom extract" white chocolates, or so I'm told. I have a few questions and concerns about them.

1. Is there any way to test what is inside these chocolates? Swim has used an Ehrlich reagent kit to no success. Swim would feel a bit more comfortable knowing what's in them. For obvious reasons.

2. Swim cant seem to find a consistent consensus on the potency of 4-aco-Dmt. Some say it has come in waves, some do not. Some say it lasted over 4, 5 , some up to 8 hours.
A friend of swims , who is considered to have a rather high affinity for psychedelics, as they trip quite often with 2-3 hits of Lsd, had eaten 1 chocolate and claims it was far to intense for them, but claimed it was over rather quickly, 3-4 hours total. They also claim they had to hold back tears ( and not the good kind), which swim is aware isnt useable data but was a red flag.

Has anyone had experience with verified 4-aco-dmt? Or more specifically the chocolates?

I tried a starter dose, 12mg of 4-ACO-DMT last week for the first time and the duration was very short for me. Peaking for 1-2 hours and then dropping off rapidly and near baseline in 5 hours. It is known for its intensity and 25 mg is considered a decent dose for most people. I didn't find it came in waves at all and I would describe it as more like DMT visually than mushrooms.

Yeah you wanna try to find out how many mg are supposed to be in there. Testing it is going be very tricky coz it's already in chocolate form. You should probably pay attention to the fact that your mate found it too intense and just take half or whatever.

I'd agree 25mg sounds like a pretty good dose. Lower if you want it milder ...obviously.., I've had great times with just 10mg. When I take 20mg I usually wish I'd taken more coz for me it's still not so strong, but then 5 hours later I'm glad I took the lesser amount coz I've had enough. I do find it does last considerably longer than mushrooms do, but apart from that I find the effect very similar.

Would there be a way to melt the chocolate in water and allow the 4-aco-dmt to dissolve in the water? To get a purer substance for testing?
I ate an 1/8th of the candy Friday and felt almost nothing, maybe a very very light mental change. But the chocolate had a VERY bitter and synthetic taste, does the 4-aco-dmt taste like that for you guys?
Also I've done a fair bit of research and have come to the conclusion that if the substance in the chocolate is a "Dmt" substance, it could only be 4-aco-dmt. Are there any other "dmt" style substance that are edible in that form? Other than ayahuasca or pharmahuasca

There are heaps of psychedelic tryptamines that are analogues of psilocin and DMT.
As has been mentioned, since it is mixed with chocolate, i suspect it would be virtually impossible to identify what drug it is without expensive lab equipment (such as a GC/MS).
Even then - you'd need a lab experienced in analysing these kinds of substances.

Depending on where you live, you may be able to send a sample away to be tested - but if you are planning to try it, simply start with a low dose and see what sort of effect it has.

If it is definitely a research chemical mixed in chocolate, be aware that the substance is unlikely to be evenly distributed throughout it - so you may want to crush and mix it up as best you can, or dissolve it is some kind of liquid (such as milk) in order to theoretically create a more homogenous mix.

Be wary though that most tryptamines are fairly unstable (ie prone to degradation) when exposed to heat, light and moisture (so don't boil the chocolate to melt it) - and if you plan to create a liquid solution and not take all of it, freezing may be your best option with any leftovers (i think - i suspect others may have better knowledge than myself in this regard).
Worth noting, though, that 4-aco-dmt is highly water soluble. :)

Not knowing what it is, it is very difficult to give you any solid harm reduction advice - but i would say that it is not out of the question that it is 4-aco-dmt (unlike many RCs, it still seems to be doing the rounds).

As an aside, i would mention that some people prefer 4-aco-dmt to 4-ho-dmt (psilocin) - but like any psychedelic, effects can vary dramatically from person to person, and even dose to dose for the same person.

It's a bit sketchy to take any research chem in an unknown dosage, but if it is a psilocin analogue, the safety profile is pretty good, from what we know. In other words, if it is what you've been told it is, you might have a strong trip, but are unlikely to run into serious physical danger.
Personally i love most (if not all) of the tryptamines i've tried - especially 4-aco-dmt.

It is one of my favourite psychedelics - but i do like to know exactly what kind of dose i am taking, and what i'll be in for.
Paradoxically, i guess, i find it more "comfortable" - and certainly magical - in high doses (low doses can feel a bit weird to me for some reason - higher doses more submersive and not "partially there") but i should stress that i'm a very experienced tripper and something of a "hard head" when it comes to tryptamine psychedelics.
Other people's experiences (as you've noticed, reading reports online) are very different.

Best to start low and see how you go, if in fact you choose to take it at all.

It does taste very chemically and bitter yes.

Even if you could test them (which I doubt you could but I'm no chemist) you wouldn't know how strong or what else might be in there, especially as you seem to be suspicious of them in the first place. I think you'd be better off seeing if you can find out if any other people have taken the same ones and ask them what they're like or even find out who made/sold them find out what is supposed to be in there yeah? ....But I guess you can't do that coz you're on here right ;)

Yeah. A friend of mine ate 1 and just had an overly psychedelic experience. She claims she didn't have any worrisome physical side effects, just a very intense mental and physical trip. The person who had them made the claim that " we got them from a brain surgeon from Colorado, they have dmt in them and 4 grams of psilocybin extract " the brain surgeon part sounds like a load of bs to me , and comes off as him tring to make some cash with a marketing technique. I've been very curious about dmt so he had me interested. I purchased 2. Then asked if he knew if it was 4-aco-dmt. And said he didn't know. I then asked how much was in each one, also didn't know.

I cut the piece into 8 parts, and tried 1 8th. I may try 1/4th, see what it's like, then 3/8th or 1/2.

My true fear isn't the mental effects, but the physical effects. I don't want to physically harm my brain or heart or kidneys, have a seizure ect. I recall when I began consuming tabs of blotter years ago i would eat bitter tabs not knowing that was an rc, and could be potentially dangerous. So the bitterness obviously is alarming with my current knowledge .

But I will try a slightly larger dose soon and report back with the effects.

I also would like to add I've been on blue light for 3 or 4 years and never posted or made an account, ive read 1000s of reports and posts but this is my first post. I'm truly Impressed by the speed of responses and the knowledge of the those on this site, the BL community never ceases to amaze and entertain me.

I accredit the majority of my knowledge regarding drugs and psychedelic spiritually to BL, and those who post. I always recommend this site to anyone who wants to learn more about drugs

Would love to hear more responses and opinions from yinz.

Much love

And could someone move this to psychedelic drug discussion? I would imagine it would be better suited for that section.

The person who had them made the claim that " we got them from a brain surgeon from Colorado, they have dmt in them and 4 grams of psilocybin extract " the brain surgeon part sounds like a load of bs to me
Much love

Your spider senses aren't failing you, I'm fluent in bullshit and that does sound like a load. 4 grams of psilocybin extract is a huge amount and if you had taken 1/8 you would feel just slightly more than a 'very very light mental change' in fact you'd probably meet the devil.

Hahaha I agree. I honestly believe he isn't sure what he's saying, but I would put my money on there being no psilocybin at all and it only being 4-aco-dmt, with maybe some degraded aco that is now psilocin. Seeing as a few people I know have eaten them, one claiming to have eaten 3, I assume a bit of embellishment there, and others eating one or two, I do feel a small bit of safety, physically. Only because they have eaten the candy themselves, and came out alive and well. I'm aware I could have a different make up physically or chemically, but I believe I would be fine. All speculation tho, because I can't test it, as I mentioned earlier.

Your spider senses aren't failing you, I'm fluent in bullshit and that does sound like a load. 4 grams of psilocybin extract is a huge amount and if you had taken 1/8 you would feel just slightly more than a 'very very light mental change' in fact you'd probably meet the devil.
Not so sure about the devil, but the dosages quoted are absolute bullshit.
Not only a complete waste of product - and overkill - but just....outright lies.

the worst outcome here is that they contain some kind of NBOMe or something...which are seemingly far less common these days than 2-3 years back....but honestly - it's a bit like people taking branded "blends" of smoking mix ("incense") or random powders ("bath salts") - with no dosage or ingredients listed; i normally advise people to stay the hell away.

The only marginally safe way of taking research chems is if you know (as best you can ascertain) what they are, how much you're taking, and you've done your research regarding risks and potential contraindications.
These chocoloates could be fine - but really, we have no way of knowing, beyond what has been said.

I would suggest proceding with the utmost caution - or just avoiding them altogether.
I'm sure most bluelighters (and drug users generally) have taken risky/mysterious substances before...but really the only sound HR advice is probably to avoid eating it if you're feeling that much doubt.

The dealer über-bullshit raises my suspicions a bit too much...not that ignorant dealer bullshit is uncommon or anything new.

Be safe, and if you do end up partaking, probably a good idea to have a sitter in case you do run into any problems.

Can't argue that man. I just was stuck between semi confidence, not wanting to waste money, curiosity, and doubt. But safety always first.

But I was going to testing another, larger peice of chocolate, chopped finely with 5 or 6 drops from an Ehrlich reagent kit.

Side note, my Ehrlich test is now a dark green color, and was a ligher shade of green when it arrived. The chart it comes with shows the color changing from whitw to purple, does that mean the blotter or power or crystals would chabge to purple? Or also the liquid ? Does that indicate it was damaged by heat? Because we've had some days hitting 95 degrees here and I don't store it in a fridge or freezer, Because it's common ground with my family.

Incase any one is curious, I chopped the chocolate up into the smallest pieces I could and added 5-6 drops of the Ehrlich reagent, with no reaction or color change. So either it cannot accurately be tested while suspended in chocolate or it is not 4-aco-dmt or any of the other indoles.