View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-Aco-DMT compared to dpt?

csrpj

Bluelighter
how would you compare these two RCs? (obviously for those who've experimented with both)

Oh my gosh they are completely different. DPT is seriously powerful stuff that I definitely would not recommend to inexperienced trippers. It's a real ego killer and changes your personality and character in very strange ways. On my last trip DPT turned me into an old lady. It fucked around with my voice so it sounded exactly like a very, very old woman.

A quote from Erowid's DPT primer:

In the course of watching a fairly wide spectrum of people experiment with DPT some important aspects of the drug have become evident. There is a huge amount of variability in the dosage curve, physical effects, and subjective psychological response. Some people have been completely smashed with as little as 50 mg insufflated while others required 200 mg to really get where they wanted to go. Many people reported being uncomfortable with the physical aspect and body load that manifests as a very specific body vibration. It could be described as the classic kundalini archetype. There has been a wide variability with this, and the people who are more sensitive to the drug typically manifest more of the tremor effect. I have personally witnessed a hard core freak out with 60 mg insufflated and I feel obligated to strongly warn people about the serious nature of this drug. DPT is not for everybody, and certainly not for those just looking for a recreational good time.

The bodyload is completely different. DPT has a vibrating feeling and I often get nauseous on it. It's not uncommon for me to throw up on DPT. 4-AcO-DMT is soft, sedating, opiate-like. DPT has visuals that I consider somewhat atypical of tryptamines, objects form out of nothing, while the visuals on 4-AcO-DMT more follow the patterns of things that already exist. DPT causes real hallucinations that on high doses seem very real. 4-AcO-DMT doesn't produce the same kind of hallucinations at all. I've never used DPT recreationally and for me it is not recreational at all. It is a gateway to very strange and bizarre realms, some of my experiences on DPT reminds me of beng in the "M-hole" on MXE.

4-AcO-DMT is generally quite easy to manage with doses below 30 mg (more than that can produce entity contact and experiences somewhat reminiscent of a low dose of DMT), DPT is very hard if not impossible to manage. It takes control over you and it sometimes does it in a quite sneaky way. I remember when I went for a smoke and took the character of everything from a little girl to a chimpanzee while smoking the cigarrette. I suddenly just feel I'm not "me" anymore but something else. Somehow I still know it's not the real me but the DPT induced me. However on very high doses I don't think you could distinguish yourself from the DPT character anymore. You'd actually believe you are whatever you can transform into. I've never encountered a drug that messes with my personality as much as DPT. It feels quite alien while 4-AcO-DMT is the complete opposite in this regard; it feels like coming home, like arriving to the place you've been looking for your whole life. There's a very strong sense of inner peace and serenity with 4-AcO-DMT. It has no alien tag attached to it.

Both are very deep and spiritual, but DPT is a lot more bizarre and stranger. It's also less forgiving than 4-Aco-DMT, but both produce powerful experiences. 4-AcO-DMT I can take almost whenever I want, but I always have to think twice before taking DPT. Set and setting is extremely important with DPT. I have to be in the right mood to take it.

Last edited:
I hate it when people compare 4-aco-dmt with low dose dmt.
It's not because there's dmt in the name, you should compare it. 4-aco-dmt is definetely more shroomstyle.

DPT is 'hardcore strong stuff' by the book. DPT is a cousin of DMT, if you don't have a lot of experience stay away from it.
You gonna regret it.

I hate it when people compare 4-aco-dmt with low dose dmt.
It's not because there's dmt in the name, you should compare it. 4-aco-dmt is definetely more shroomstyle.

You can hate it all you want, but once you do 35+ mg doses insufflated it has some resemblance to low doses of DMT in my experience. And I'm not the only one who thinks so. Lower doses are more "shroomstyle", yes, since 4-AcO-DMT is a psilocin analogue.

4-AcO-DMT was the only drug that gave me "alex gray" type visuals with ~35mg oral empty stomach washed down with a bit of orange juice. near breakthrough experience kind of on the DMT level. wayy more colorful that psilocybin

I disagree with much of cyanoide's reports of both, (subjective experience of course), in my experience:

DPT
-has no nausea.
-It feel feels much more "like coming home" than shrooms or 4-aco-dmt (in my experience)
-It is easily controllable in small to medium doses for me, and for many of my stable-minded friends but not for others.... it's a widely variable compound. I have seen people who i wouldn't define as mentally strong completely lose their head and freak out. I have also witnessed complete newbies to psychadelics (he had only tried weed/bk-mdma) love DPT and handle theirselves completely well even in high doses.
-It is very calming, not ego-destroying unless you completely over-do it (which can be a good thing.) In my younger years I have eaten dinner and hung out with my parents a few hours after doing DPT with a close friend.
-DPT gives me night vision when done at night, consistently. Seeing the light? I'm not sure.
-DPT is very friendly/forgiving to me and to about 80% other's who have tried it. A great ally.
-DPT improves my balance and reaction time. Plenty of running around in the dark dodging rocks I'd usually stumble around on whilst collecting firewood.
-DPT is powerful, but clear-headed, lucid, and without body load. Heart rate usually becomes slightly accelerated but not to excess.

A few notes on 4-aco-dmt difference's:
-Slightly sedating i suppose, but I would not call it in any way opiate-like. Very shroom like.
-Slight nausea, slight body load, slight stomache discomfort as with mushrooms.
-Face becomes slightly flushed usually for me.
-Much harder to be in public on this one for me. Nature, of course, is preferred.
-Less lucid than DPT for me, more prone to paranoia and anxiety, but still not an anxiogenic compound. I'd still recommend 4-aco as a great psychadelic!

Hope this helps...start small with DPT and see if it's an ALLY to you as it is to me!

Last edited:
DPT for me is oddly sober. I know I'm tripping but I can't explain how I'm tripping. Usually it's accompanied with very pleasant body rushes and a sense of slight malevolence. This sense of malevolence is usually just a sense that we have to hold on, letting go could be bad. It's very controllable. For me and my friends it has been very fun and enjoyable but we haven't pushed it very far. Snorting it can be very uncomfortable and the comeup jarring but after that it's smooth sailing.

4-AcO-DMT is very shroomlike for me. Very emotional, very out of control. I've seen people do stupid stuff at low doses just cause they lose their shit. The bodyload isn't too bad on the comeup, I've never puked but I frequently have nausea or feel cold. 4-AcO-DMT is very euphoric for me, DPT not as much, it's much more subtle.

Also a high dose of shrooms will produce a similar-to-dmt breakthrough type experience just like 4-AcO-DMT. Every tryptamine I've encountered could do this in sufficient doses.

4-AcO-DMT is somewhere in-between a very dilated N,N-DMT experience and mushrooms for me and I'm not 'just saying that because of the name'.

DPT is like a very cranked up version of DMT for me, some aspects of it become even more profound like a feeling of holiness, but other than that it's mostly side-effects that are more jarring for me with DPT compared to DMT. I vape DMT though while I short or eat DPT.

Why the comparison if not to try and determine which one to buy out of the options you have? We encourage separate and personal research, not comparisons especially those made by others.

I disagree with much of cyanoide's reports of both, (subjective experience of course), in my experience:

This is a good example of how differently people react to psychedelics. No other class of drugs seem to produce such great variance in experiences. Which in a way is good I think, because there are so damn many psychedelics out there. Every psychonaut, through trial and error, eventually finds the ones that are the most special and suitable.

Very true words^ I'd encourage the OP to try both and decide for himself.

Well today I tried to understand something about the same thing the opener of this topic had on his mind about a year ago (I suppose), but he did not responsed anymore at this topic and I cannot blame him for that. Because apparently there is a war going on between fundamental DPT warriors on the one hand (and they have the book including some commandments, which tells me that in case you don't have experience with DPT, don't touch it at all, because: condemnation. But the same book tells me that DMT is hardcore stuff as well, but when you smoke it is pretty friendly (most of the times). On the other hand there are the 4acoDMT warriors and they did not have a bible but a lot of different views.

But I do believe people love, repect or even warship this psychedelics, but for the rest I have to experience it myself, I guess, because people have clearly different views. Well I am now busy with the entrymodel 4-ho-mipt/2cc, in a few weeks I try to become allies with the 4acoDMT and, in case I survived this trip, In the upcomming year I will challenge the beast and maybe I will regret it. But I dont hope it does, because that leaves bad memmories. But my conclusion is that both are not comparable with mdma. Fascinating

High dose 4acoDMT definatly feels more like DMT than psilocin and again not because of the name....

^What were your dosages (and ROA) for that gentle and relaxing experience? DPT was one of the earliest RCs I was interested in, but put it off for later on when I'd be a bit more experience because of the sheer intensity many note.

And does anyone know how 4-HO-DPT and 4-AcO-DPT fit in to this?

Last edited:
As much as dpt is much more powerful, I find dpt and dmt and 4-aco-dmt/shrooms all have the same style of visuals, the former two only to a much greater degree.
The way my arms look on dmt and mushrooms is the same, though I never noticed until I tried dmt and laughed for my whole trip on how smooth and cartoony my arms looked

I was wanting to try dpt but cyanoide's post and some other information I've heard is kinda scaring me away from it now. i love dmt and feel it has a spiritual aspect to it and I'm scared that a synthetically altered version of it may mess with my ideas about spirituality. anybody have a comment on that?

I'm scared that a synthetically altered version of it may mess with my ideas about spirituality.
Thats like saying attending one session at a buddhist temple might mess with your ideas about christianity....

Every psychedelic has it's own lesson's and offerings and you should appreciate different angles and perspectives if you
even have the slightest desire to do so! You can dip your toes into DPT slowly and start low and see what it has to offer you,
i personally have never agreed with people's dark depictions of dpt's innate character.

4-aco-dmt on the other hand is very introspective and almost feels like self-therapy, very cool in that way. Also very unique pastel colours
pasted upon the environment around you in a way no other psych has painted.

with DPT it's just this magical peaceful feeling as though everything is right with the world I'll sit and smile and feel extremely wise like a sage.
I can't understand why this drug is spoken of as 'extremely weird' and not to be touched unless ready for something shocking - for me it's like coming home and I find myself wishing that it would last forever.

Yes! You hit the nail right on the head!

Yes! You hit the nail right on the head!
Exactly 4 substituted Dpt is magical and awesome and super colorful and visual. Where as 4 substituted dmt is more introspective and less visual with a heavier body load/nausea but still gets the job done. As far as I know from actually self researching 4 substituted dpt is that its my favorite synthetic tryptamine....

Hey LSDheroinRecovery, welcome to Bluelight. :)

That discussion you're referring to is actually about DPT itself, not 4-HO-DPT. They will surely be similar in some ways but also quite different in others.

If you're interested in talking and learning more about 4-HO-DPT, we do have some other fans of it here and a Big & Dandy Thread to meet them in!