• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-Ac0-DMT / General question about measuring/storing small doses...?

GreatArc

Greenlighter
Hello,

I have been having a problem with measuring out small dosages and tried a variety of methods, but have been frustrated by an apparent lack of accuracy.

Bought a scale which purported to be a milligram scale, however it is very difficult to get it to register small doses of power (10mg). When it does, it has about a 10 mg swing either way, rendering it pretty much useless for measured doses. Tried adding a larger receptacle and then adding powder to it and while it registered more easily, the swing was still 10+ mg for readings.

I got myself a "10mg" dose scoop. This is at least actually helpful in that I am able to scoop consistent doses that I have gotten used to, but still no idea if I am consistently taking 10, 15, 20, 25 mg regular doses.

Ordered another, better $150 milligram scale, but even with calibrating weights, I'm afraid it still isn't yielding the kind of accuracy I was hoping for.

My supplier provides highly accurate measurements of all RCs and I am considering simply doing volumetric doses from now on. This is where I need your help, please and thanks, Bluelighters.

1.) If I dissolve, say, 100mg of 4-Ac0-DMT in 1000mL of water (for a 1:10 solution of 4-Ac0 to Water), can I dose reliably from this?

2.) Does it dissolve evenly or will there be sediment or separation of some kind?

3.) Should I store this in the fridge?

4.) Can I pour these into portions and freeze them? Does this affect potency?

5.) How long would this reasonably stay fully potent, frozen or unfrozen?

6.) Is alcohol better to use as a medium? I don't drink much at all and definitely dislike it with psychedelics, but it's not the end of the world to bury a little laced vodka in juice.

7.) Is there a better way to do this? I don't want to spend $500 Canadian on a scale reliable enough to do this.

Thankee,
-GreatArc.

A 30$ Gemini-20 scale should be able to consistently measure out doses of 20 mg or lower without a 10 mg swing to it. If it doesn't, you're doing something wrong during the weighing process. Did you calibrate it? Is the scale on a stable surface, without any air currents? Temperature changes? Excessive humidity? Since the density of the powder isn't perfectly uniform, even a Gemini-20 should beat out a dose scoop for consistency.

Thanks for the first reply. It is possible that I am doing something wrong, but have followed calibration procedures on two separate scales now without confidence in the accuracy of the numbers beyond 1/100ths of a gram. Level surface is a check, airflow maybe not so good. No detectible flow, (though it would explain the variances), but as there is no shield/cover to the scale, this has been mitigated the best I could.

In any case, more than anything I would prefer anyones experience/knowledge about the questions regarding volumetric measurement, freezing, potency drop, (if any), frozen storage, unfrozen storage, medium to dissolve in / solubility, etc.

Thanks.

but as there is no shield/cover to the scale, this has been mitigated the best I could.

The best way to mitigate it would be to use a different scale. One that has a cover. The error introduced by air flow is usually far greater than the inherent inaccuracy of the device. Again, a 30$ Gemini-20 or G&G FC-20 has a cover, and has perfectly reasonable accuracy for measuring out psychedelic doses of 4-X-tryptamines (~20 mg).