• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 4-6mg xanax 3 times a week dependent question?

TheFireDragon

Greenlighter
Can I take 4mg xanax and like 40mg valium (equals 2mg xanax) three times a week without my body becoming dependent? How often is too often, How can I avoid my body getting dependent and avoiding any kind of withdrawls?

Say day 1 4mg xanax 40mg valium , day 4 4mg xanax 40mg valium , day 7 , 4mg xanax 40mg valium

then day 3 , 4mg xanax 40mg valium and continue 3 days spaced out.

If it is too much what about doing first 7 days 3 days spaced out then taking a whole 7 day break and then continuing with the schedule of taking once every 3 days.

EDIT: (Sorry if title was misleading as valium is involved in this too and not only xanax)

Last edited:
Valium has a pretty long half-life, like one or more days(!); that of its active metabolite, Nordazepam, is approximately twice as long.

So yes, you will rapidly become dependent if you ingest 40 mg of Valium every other day because you'll still have a substantial amount of Diazepam and Nordazepam in your system on your off-days.

yeah, xanax you can get away with a lot longer if you keep it to about three times a week, but it also depends how you space those days out, individual body chemistry and how long you plan on doing this, not to mention alprazolam is one of the more euphoric and psychologically reinforcing benzodiazepines and tolerance builds up rapidly even without daily dosing, not saying tolerance=dependance, but theres a correlation as once 4mg doesn't do the trick your more than likely going to want (I didn't say you will[/]) to take a higher dose to achieve desired effects.

I wrote exactly the schedule that I would take the drugs, I also mentioned valium not only xanax.
Also Hodor im not talking about Nordazepam im talking about Alprazolam.

If tolerance builds up ill just increase the dose without going into withdrawal wouldnt that work?
Then breaks every once in awhile to let tolerance drop.

Sorry if the title was a bit misleading as valium is involved too, That is because I do not feel anything unless I take it in combo.

Last edited:
Also Hodor im not talking about Nordazepam im talking about Alprazolam.

Nordazepam is the main active metabolite of Diazepam. Not only will the Valium (Diazepam) stay in your system for days, but some of it will be converted to Nordazepam in your liver which is slightly weaker but stays in your system for a really, really, long time, so even if you're only using every other day you'll soon build up a sizeable concentration.

If tolerance builds up ill just increase the dose without going into withdrawal wouldnt that work?
Then breaks every once in awhile to let tolerance drop.

"Breaks"? Benzodiazepine withdrawal is considered by many to be even more grueling than opiate withdrawal. But that's not the worst thing. You know how drug withdrawal sometimes makes you wish you were dead? Well you're in luck, because with benzos you might actually have your wish granted as going cold turkey from a high-dose habit can easily result in life-threatening seizures.

I meant breaks as in the schedule I wrote, taking it 3 days spaced out for a week then a week long break, If tolerance would build up even like that I'd take it for 2 weeks 3 days spaced out then a 2 week break etc.
Theres lots of variables you can play with here.
I aint planning on getting into withdrawal thats why I wrote this.
Had no clue about Nordazepam.

Last edited:
Really need some help here guys, Dont wanna end up making dumb mistakes and getting into withdrawals.

Really need some help here guys, Dont wanna end up making dumb mistakes and getting into withdrawals.

For a non-tolerant individual, 4-6 mgs of Xanax on a single day is just wasteful and will unnecessarily speed up the development of tolerance. And doing it only every other day for a week and then taking a week-long drug holiday probably sounds much easier in your head than it actually is - short-acting benzos tend to cause strong rebound anxiety and feelings of psychological dependence. Especially if you are naturally prone to anxiety.

I'm not the only one here who has struggled with benzos at a time, and you'll probably hear similar advice from most of us: Do not carelessly fuck around with high doses of benzos. If you just want to use them recreationally, either take lower doses and smoke some weed with it, or don't take benzos at all and just smoke more weed. If you need them to soften the comedown from stim crashes or opiate withdrawal, use them for that and don't try to develop a polydrug addiction. If you need for severe anxiety, go see a psychiatrist, and work with them to keep your dose to a minimum to prevent your tolerance from escalating to a point where you can no longer be scripted a higher dose.

Edit: As for the Valium, see above. 40 mgs of Valium will leave a significant amount of Valium left over in your blood the next day; 120 mgs of Valium taken over the course of a week will leave you with a significant amount of benzos in your bloodstream well into the next week (but not enough to prevent you from feeling significant rebound anxiety if you were also taking a shitload of Xanax the week before). That virtually guarantees rapid tolerance buildup.

Last edited:
I'm not worried about the tolerance, I do have a high tolerance already (even 1 year sober from benzos including alcohol and it dont drop). I've taken 120mgs of valium before and stuff like that 7 2mg xanax bars in 1 day and such.
The only thing im worried about is the withdrawals, Sense valium stays in your system I guess I do need to take a week long break after a week of useage is that correct?

I highly advise to stop taking Benzos in this manner or you will get physically addicted. You probably already are psychologically, no offense.
Benzo-addiction creeps up on you exactly that way. Thinking one can take just long enough breaks to prevent addiction and withdrawals until it is too late.

If you are worried to the point you are making a thread about your dosing intervals, it is a red alert sign. The day will come when you experience rebound symptoms (which eventually turn into WD-symptoms) and just take some Valium/Xanax to feel normal again.

So I get confused, 3 times a week even with a week long break is too much and can get you physically addicted?
Seems weird to me honestly, With heroin you can easily get away with using 3 times a week with no problems going into withdrawal.
Is it because of the valium or what.

So I get confused, 3 times a week even with a week long break is too much and can get you physically addicted?
Seems weird to me honestly, With heroin you can easily get away with using 3 times a week with no problems going into withdrawal.
Is it because of the valium or what.

Heroin/Morphine has a really short HL, just a few hours.

Diazepam's half-life in an average person is about 48 hours.
So if you're dosing 40 miligrams on Monday, you'll only have eliminated half by Wednesday, so there's still 20 mg left in your body, and redosing 40 will bring you up to 60 mg. From Wednesday till Friday you eliminate 30, which brings you up to 70 mg with your next dose.
So now you stop redosing for a week. By Sunday, you've still got 37.5 mg of Diazepam in your body. Tuesday, you're down to 18.75 mg. Thursday, you're still at 9.375. Saturday, still 4.7mg.
So in effect it took you the whole week-long "break" to actually get the Valium out of your system. Except... not really - as mentioned previously, a significant portion of the Diazepam will have been converted to Nordazepam, which is going to stick around even longer.

So yes, a week-long break isn't nearly enough to prevent the rapid build-up of tolerance.

Edit: And yeah, if you were taking the Valium every third day (with your last dose on Sunday) it would take even longer to get the Diazepam out of your system, but I'm too lazy to do the exact math.

Last edited:
But atleast using this method you will not go through any deadly withdrawals is that correct?
Thanks for taking the time to write all advices and posts.

No man that's too much. I think even half that amount would give you some sort of withdrawals. Plus it's dangerous to withdrawal from benzodiazepines!

Loooong time zan user. It is not something you want to fuck with. Years ago i had street habit of 1-2mg dose a day, 5 days a week for half a year or more. I couldnt find and any and became agoraphobic for about a week with extreme panic attacks. Worse than opiate wd's. Also they are basically the only pharmaceutical you can die from wd's. Friend of mine had seizure and had collapsed. Wired jaw for 2 months... plus if u take it for anxiety purposes it basically multiplies your symptoms by 10 when you find yourself without or after a high recreational doses.

I highly recommend you do not fuck with those high doses and stick around the 1-2 mg mark of one or the other. Switch it up!! It is truly a miracle drug for my anxiety and sanity which is why i've learned to take it conservatively and take some days off. High doses of melatonin and glass of wine are good substitute for off days. I really hope you heed my advice and stay with one drug at a time and no more than 2 mgs throughout the day. Good luck and stay safe