• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(3F-Phenmetrazine / 700mg IV) - Very experienced - Stimulant? More like Stone-ulant!

crOOk

Bluelighter
Some meta information

Ok so before I start, I am gonna have to state the obvious: Don't do this at home, I am probably not going to repeat it either. Please don't attack me for some of my more impulsive and reckless behaviour, I am well aware that I did not follow any safer use guidelines...

Another note: I never publicly speculate on the pharmacodynamics of an obscure analogue for which there is no solid data, in fact I can't remember doing so for any drug and generally dislike it when others do, since it contributes to the general confusion and misinformation on the internet. Not everyone knows how to filter and process the immense amount of knowledge that is accessible today.

However in this case I did dare to speculate since everyone is already claiming this substance had only neglible serotonergic effects which poses greater risks. Whoever has read posts of mine knows that I am not the most cautious and controlled individual. In this case though I am actually scared to combine the drug with Tramadol which I just got a gram of. Like I said, if you know me you will know why this is so remarkable, I have taken MAO inibitors and smoked crack on them before, but only after using 8 other drugs, among them Ayahuasca. That sort of thing wasn't all that unusual in my hey days. In this case though - Nay, I won't take the risk because of how firmly I believe the substance in question is serotonergic (by causing transmitter release, inhibiting transporters reuptake rates or by inhibiting some enzyme, most like monoaminooxidases if that last possibility should be the case - I had heard some rumors about it before trying 3F-Phenmetrazine myself).

Setting, Tolerance and Motive

I had the first dose almost exactly 5 days ago from now and made notes. I will stick them my notes as closely as possible. I got home from a day in the spa with a buddy, we just love saunas. That's why I was quite dehydrated despite drinking around 3 liters liquid that day. I had been planning to do amphetamine that night, then stay up to do some coding.

When the package arrived I decided I'd go for the 3F-P instead.

One shot of speed (80mg phosphate salt) was consumed throughout the entire experience, but no other drugs until the effects had worn off and I was trying to go to sleep.

Regarding tolerance... This is a tough one. I can take 10mg Amphetamine Phosphate and feel surprisingly strong effects sometimes, other times I take a shitload of it (always the same material, very clean) and still grow tired on it. Yawning, urge to sleep etc. For one and a half years I was taking amphetamine daily, now it's an occasional thing. I very rarely take caffeine except for my morning cup of tea. I have not used any other stimulants, empathogens or psychedelics for a while, except for DMT a month back. I take dissociatives very often, but have not done so in the past month. These should aid to keep my amphetamine tolerance low.

So not all that much in terms of tolerance. However, I am taking 300mg Bupropion per day (and 450mg Lamotrigine) which inhibits dopamine reuptake. I highly suspect this to cause tolerance issues, it just seems likely when looking at the size of these whopping doses. That could be why serotonergic activity could have been so strong compared to the stimulating effects!

So don't expect anything I say to be valid for you as well, but even more importantly: Do yourself a favor and don't inject comparable doses of unresearched drugs intravenously. Hopefully the part in below's report which is dedicated to the last two doses will discourage you anyway though.

Timeline

T+0
After receiving the drug I immediately measured 130mg and prepared it for IV use. Unfortunately a large part of the shot ended up subcutaneously. I didn't notice until afterwards, I must have poked right through the vein. There was no acute pain whatsoever! I felt a rush, but not a very intense one.

T+15
I feel the peripheral stimulation has reached a plateau now (this late due to missing the shot):
There is quite a bit of sweating, I don't even have to look to know I have a tiny speed dick. I have a very familiar feeling in my throat which I will get to. My thoughts are not very ordered, there is an energy I cannot focus, but it isn't even energetic like other stimulants. I am actually very calm, but not thinking as clearly as usual, my thoughts are scattered, when there are any to begin with that is.

T+25
The feeling in my throat has grown more intense and it is the exact same feeling I get on all serotonergic drugs I have tried: SSRI's, empathogens, psychedelics. I have never experienced it on straight stimulants though. I am starting to think this might just be serotonergic.
I feel very stimulated, but mentally I am really slow. I want to start coding, feel clever and utilize the full cognitive potential, but I just don't feel that sense of omnipotency, of being able to complete whichever goal I decide to pursue. When I lack productivity on amphetamine, it's usually because I'm in thousand places at once, opening 100s of browser tabs, learning a lot, but not using it. With 3F-Phenmetrazine though, I just felt like taking things very slowly. I stare at my IDE, but I don't type a whole lot, less so than sober actually.
I have a very slight headache, but I expected this due to losing so much water in the sauna. It disappears shortly thereafter and does not return.

T+30
Shit, I have goosebumps all over! I have sweaty feet. I feel more like I am on the tail end of an MDA experience, mentally exhausted, almost a bit stoned.

T+1:40
Peripheral stimulation about the same, goosebumps all over my body still for the entire time. I love that feeling. I am now clenching my teeth, much moreso than when taking amphetamine where I hardly clench them at all.
I still cannot be enthusiastic about cognitive tasks or focus that energy for coding at all - there is no desire to do anything, but I feel relatively content still, just increasingly disappointed at the lack of cognitive boost.

T+2:45
130mg IV redose. I don't miss this time and feel an instant massive rush. Would have probably been even stronger hadn't I missed the first, since this substance's effects become less and less intense with every redose.
I look into the mirror to find out that my eyelids dropped down. My entire facial expression looks exactly as if I was on an empathogen. My jaw shows a tremor when I am not clenching my teeth, in fact my entire body is trembling. My mouth grew dry as a dead dingo's donger within within seconds after the injection. Probably dryer than it ever was before.

I reflect about the effects and came to suspect the potential of 3F-Phenmetrazine in its hedonistic over performance enhancing qualities. It's not a study aid unfortunately, but probably a great party drug. People can redose often, there is a really intense body load, it causes some confusion. Using it for studying, reading, writing, coding though? It doesn't do what amphetamine does, not to me anyway. Not in the slightest. They are clearly both stimulants, but in terms of improving cognitive performance this one is just not worth talking about. I suspect it might even be counter productive. I just don't feel like doing much. I cannot say how disinhibiting or anxiogenic the drug is, since I am alone. I feel no desire to socialize, make crazy facebook posts or call people up. In terms of erotic qualities the peripheral stimulation should not be underestimated. Classical speed dick, even more pronounced than on amphetamine. Surprisingly i dont feel very sexy at all, eventhough most stimulants would definitely do that to me (MDPerVin, oh the memories).

T+3:18
I havent learned shit about anything, I haven't gotten shit done either. I haven't even wanked. Instead I stared at the screen and used the input devices very slowly and sparingly.

T+5:20
I am becoming quicker again mentally, but there is still a lot of peripheral stimulation

T+5:50
I redose 150mg in hopes of rushing, but the initial wave feels very mild now, it is still making "stoning" me though. I chose this word in my notes, either due to lack of a better word or simply because it is a very fitting word after all. Lacking words is something I do not know on amphetamine, but here my thoughts are blocked when I try to write anything. I often reflect on things by writing about them. Not here. I quickly give up whenever I get the idea to do things I'd do on other stimulants.
God that drymouth is awful! I can see foamy stuff on my teeth, which contained hardly any water at all and has in fact turned pretty solid - Very nasty shit. Probably the worst process in terms of dental health that there is. Just plain nasty, teeth decay is the most worrysome aspect of stimulants to me, even moreso than psychological changes.
Add the very striking feeling in my throat which I get on all serotonergic drugs and a taste in my mouth which I didn't know better would cause me to check whether I swallowed a dead rat or a bitch in heat took a shit in my mouth (as in female dog).

T+6:40
I am quite "stoned", plain exhausted and careless. Oh that taste, oh my mouth and my still beautiful teeth - please forgive me.

T+7:05
While there are still massive waves of goosebumps, I have to mention that they were present the whole time. Not a moment with goosebumps since early after the initial dose. I like it. The tremor is also very intense, I mistype a lot of words.

T+8:30
Took 80mg amphetamine and lo and behold - after 5-10 minutes I finally feel mentally stimulated (I never rush off amphetamine salts, not even at doses which could kill an elephant)! I might see some coding progress after all.

From here on out the amphetamine's effects make it harder to pin down the 3F-P's effects. I am sorry guys, I just couldn't help it.

T+12:20
After taking a shower i realize how damn big my pupils are. This is surprising since on one hand other straight subsignificantly serotonergic stimulants and on the other hand it's been over six hours since my last dose. Eell, thinking about it... On empathogenic drugs like MDMA the pupil dilation I experienced has persisted way past the acute subjective effects. Still, I think it is worth noting due to the still occult nature of the drug's pharmacodynamics.

T+14:25
I inject another 150mg, the rush practically non-existant and again I have moronic smile on my face while my eyelids drop down half way.

This shall have been it. I had considered not even going for a second dose earlier, since i wanted to be productive and am in possession of amphetamine salts, but I wanted to get a proper rush after it was denied due to my epically failed first shot. After the second dose I just got a taste for said most pleasurable and reinforcing sensations eventhough not a single redose was anticipated, they all happened spontaneously upon coming down.

I feel soooo much better after having the dose of amphetamine! I am clenching my teeth even harder than before now, but the amphetamine might just contribute to, but not causing bruxism on it's own. I notice the gum around my teeth is swollen and painful. This apparent side effect later dissepated, but was slightly worrysome at the time.

T+16:40: I'm coming down again. *Yaaawn*. Come to think of it, I haven't had any of the one and a half liters energy drink that I got earlier and was looking forward to drinking throughout the night.

This is where it becomes nasty. I wasn't sure if I should post it at all, but here it is...

T+18:00
I give in and decide to use more 3F-P. I am impatient and careless now. I inteded to eyeball 150mg 3F-P but it ended up being closer to 130mg judging by how quickly it dissolved a volume of water that I keep constant.
Fuck, I am shaking so hard. It has become apparent because of the many mistakes I made during typing on my keyboard, but now that I have to administer a shot witout a butterfly it becomes problematic. Alas, I am determined to use more 3F-P by now.
I go for the vessel, hit it with my first try, but fail to keep the needle during the injection. Well shit. I missed and therefore attempt another, but fail again. Often I do not even find a vein, but am instead just poking around inside my connective tissue, becoming more deperate, angry and shocked by myself with every try, every drop of blood I spill and every drop of substance that ends up in the wrong place. I am always nervous pre-injection so there's always some tremor, no matter if I am sober or not, just like the drug does not matter. So add this excitement to being pressed for time in order to avoid more tissue damage and to get it all in after some had already entered, so I would get a rush.

I keep trembling, I keep poking, I keep failing. A blind man could see that the 29G needle has been bending under the force elicited on it by my shaky hands moving against my arm while the it was inside. The liquid volume in the syringe is dark red now, coming closer and closer to the color of veinous blood. The back pressure distal of the tourniquet has been pushing blood into the syringe. At one point the pressure is so high that I have blood squirt out of the needle upon pulling it out, which at a brief glance is now covering the white table I'm sitting at in countless tiny red sprinkles. I don't give it more thought, since I want to get the drugs into my bloodstream so badly. Outside of these agitated operations I can not recognize them as belonging to myself anymore, it's very unsettling.

After finally getting it all in, I realize what a pitiful sight I would give off if someone had seen me. I feel ashame and scared of myself as well as my future actions, but my anger attenuates the painful feelings.
But it cannot be denied this went very badly and I am mad that around half the liquid ended up inside my subcutaneous tissue.

So... You are probably asking yourself what a moderately intelligent well educated man like me will do immediately after this situation occured? You have guessed right! He would try to restore his sense of self worth by giving it another go. As rush might be a welcome side effect at 150mg almost immediately after the last dose of equal size. In fact, that was probably the more important motive. I stick the needle into the other arm which I only very rarely due since it is reserved for medical staff, despite having veins run underneith it's skin that have a larger diameter and are much better suited than the arm on my left. I hit a large vein immediately (not in my cubital fossa), the needle eventually slips out during injection with my notice and causes a surprisingly large area to turn blue, due to my failure to put adequate pressure on it long enough.

By the time im done im soaked in sweat, not just due to the drug's effects, but also due to my excitement over the shot, the temperature in my room, it all adds up. I should have a massive headache now, but i don't. What I have instead is only slightly more pleasant, but impossible for me to resolve: Full-on bruxism, it's become so bad now, one might think I suffer trismus. My teeth are gonna hurt badly tomorrow. On top of that huge pupils are looking at me from inside the mirror. Difficult to understand now that I post this, I still had a slightly elevated mood, though I suppose I have counted in the circumstances when taking notes.

T+20:10
I've come down from the acute 3F-P effects. No more doses from there on out. However, that single amphetamine dose would keep my awake for another 20 hours.

Aftermath
After having had some sleep much later, I woke up feeling relatively irritated, which continued throughout the whole day. My tolerance for distractions was very low, which was apparent in the constantly annoyed tone of my voice and my reactions to others approaching me.

While my teeth did not hurt as bad as I had expected, there was another very weird side effect... The next day I repeatedly had moments during which I briefly a sensation I've never known, but only for a split second. I am unsure how to describe this symptom, it felt like a mix between fainting, being dizzy and being struck by something. Very very weird, eventhough I didn't become overly worried. I've never experienced what people call 'brain zaps', maybe this was a mild version of such.

Short Evaluation

I can see this becoming popular with a lot of people, depending on how quickly the gouvernment agencies around the world reactto it's introduction with changes in legislation.
The closest thing I can compare it to is most definitely cocaine which I have always had a very strong dislike for due to it's reinforcing qualities.
I for my part will not use this for studying unless there is no other option.

Additional Thoughts

The rush is a force to be reckoned with. I usually redosed partially because I indeed wanted to re-experience that first minute of the second dose, but had given up on quickly after seeing the futileness of my first attempt at doing so. Another, probably even the most important feeling was not that I merely felt a curiosity to experience the full spectrum of effects, but instead that I felt quite a bit of exhaustion after the plateau was wearing off, starting two to three hours after administration of each dose. Once more, this is striking because except for coke no other stimulant ever had me crash, not even after staying up 50 hours and then sleeping only five.

Strangely enough a rapid tolerance developes. I've seen acute tolerance after a few lines of coke before, but not during a day of amphetamine use or the use of any other stimulant. Nope, I've only seen this happen to such a large extent on psychedelics and empathogens, another strong point for the effects I perceived being due to 3F-P eliciting more serotonergic action than most seem to assume. I could see the acute tolerance cause problems in some people who fail to listen to their body, but I suppose that really depends on how toxic and how lethal it is.

I honestly could not imagine taking this for any sort of cognitive boost since it did the opposite on that level: It dumbed me down badly and i didn't get shit done. Many will say it's due to the dose, but in my personal experience there is no real ceiling with other stimulants, which would just increase creativity, losen inhibition and simply speed things up even during the most ridculously dosing frenzies until the peripheral stimulation becomes uncomfortable or thought and action priorization becomes nearly impossible.

Eventhough this isn't showing at all as of now, I have a feeling that 3F-P might become popular with the party crowd though. There's some intense peripheral stimulation, aided by what might be some serotonergic action, it allows for frequent redosing, it's cognitive effects don't matter in the club, it burns horribly when administered intranasally (judging by a friend's reaction, I'd actually go dose oral before doing that crap, if an intravenous injection isn't an option).

It took me two fucking hours to write this shit, so I really hope someone can get some useful information out of it! :D

EDIT: One more thing, I took 300mg orally today and while the effects so far aren't exactly strong, I have a major headache. Definitely a case for ASS before it gets really bad.

EDIT: Before that oral dose I tried 150 rectally, but shat it all out again. Now my ass is bleeding pretty hard. Don't put this stuff up your asses, people!

Last edited:
Nice report! The serotonin thing is interesting for sure. Maybe it's more noticeable at high doses like you took? It's definitely not there at the 30-40 mg range for me.

Or maybe I just burned out my serotonin receptors with years of 4-FA abuse. :)

When I took Bupropion for a week, I remember it made my Adderall barely work.. even triple doses.

I only plug this substance and I found myself using it with some troubling frequency for a while there. No ass bleeding though.

While I didn't get the needle out, I had quite the manic binge with this substance that your TR reminded me of. I'll have to write it up here eventually.

Also I dropped off the face of the earth due to what seemed like an imminent divorce, and I think there's some emails I never got back to - I'll catch up on those soon, but I hope you've been doing well!

private off topic stuff :D said:
Oh god, I thought you actually went through a divorce and had just typed up ~10 lines to show you I understand the pain very well. highly personal stuff and better suited for private conversations I suppose. anyway, very glad you can still see your children (child?) on a daily basis!! and the woman of course for better or worse. ;)

So yeah, I thought you just couldn't be bothered to reply or - far worse - didn't love me anymore!
So yeah, glad that is not the case and we can hop on an instant messenger sometime. You got my mouth all watery over hearing personal disasters - my friends are all doing far too well. ;)

I injected 250mg of the stuff earlier. Had a really cold feeling in the back of my throat, just as if I had inhaled menthol. It doesn't feel serotonergic in the least today. In fact I could probably not discriminate between the effects I experienced today and amphetamine's effects. This is not only surprising, but quite puzzling to say the least. My first spontaneous guess would be MAO-A inhibition. That does not fully explain the effects I've described in above's report, but it is still a much better explanation than the assumption it shows affinity towards one or the other serotonin binding site, since in that case the serotonergic effects should've been produced much more reliably. Then again, I took some Tramadol in the meantime which suppresses serotonin transporters for at least 20h in my case (very likely significantly longer than that since that's just how long I can actually feel the monoaminergic effects of tramadol).

I don't know, those are all wild guesses. It might as well inhibit another enzyme, e.g. some type of ALDH. Quite unlikely, but who the hell knows. Or maybe I ate something that day or the days before which caused a shift in equilibrium eventually leading to a higher availability of serotonin. Or maybe it's just due to having depleted the transmitter to a relatively small, but still significant enough degree to not the serotonergic effect to the same degree as before.

These all don't sound very likely, since the serotonergic effects were the very first thing I felt when the needle was still in.

I know most won't bother to give it a second thought and even doubt my perception of the effects that day, but well... I am still very curious as to what this stuff really does. Can't wait for the lab reports to come in!! Hopefully before possible unexpected effects have forced anyone to be seriously concerned about their health.

Btw happy to hear you've managed to keep your mucocolorectoanal integrity. ;) I plugged countless drugs and while that has always caused me more discomfort or even pain than most others from what I can tell, I only saw such profuse bleeding with DXM HBr before. Worst. Idea. Ever.

Last edited:
Thanks for the excellent report crOOk, please take it easy buddy.

Wow, great report (as always). What you described in the aftereffects does indeed sound like brain zaps, you described it quite well. That seems like further evidence that this is serotonergic. I have only ever experienced brain zaps when overusing serotonin releasers.

Just had to give it a go man, eyeballed, scales fucked.
would say roughly 50-70mg with a spirnkle of mpa, in a .08 units of water. nice clean rush full alertness.

urge to redose is strong and i want a higher dose. Dinn't burn like EPH but im not sure about other ROA's IV was my first try.

anyone who wants to IV an RC please do this or mpa. EPH has definitely done some damage to my favourite vein :(