• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

390mg Adderall in a short time. Now what?

DontFrownAClown

Greenlighter
-I've been using adderall 30mg ir off and on for about 4 years. My dose would typically be 2-3 a day with 3-4 hours in between each 30mg tab.
-I have gone above and beyond for a good time and dosed up to 6 tabs in a day.
I'm is 6'3 and weighs about 320lbs I'd guess .
-its been about a month since I has used adderall.
-54 hours ago I took my first 30mg dose and have been taking one dose every 3-4 hours for a total of 390 mg

I had ingested 13 30mg adderall over the course of 54 hours. I seem to be feeling fine but is concerned of the lethality. I've never taken this amount in a short amount of time.
Am I making a bigger deal than it is or is there room for concern ? I hasn't been able to find anything too specific regarding lethal amounts. I feel ok but concerned of sudden death (damn you Wikipedia)

Also, if the amount taken is cause for alarm, are there any remedies to assist me not to have heart failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swim isn't used on these forums.

If you are concerned about health risks go see a doctor or get checked out at the E.R. There are too many factors that play a role in toxicity of drugs and most responses on here are not from trained professionals. Also, if there was cause for alarm there is nothing anyone on these forums can do for you.

Let someone you can trust know that you are at risk for complications related to amphetamine use so if they have to call an ambulance for you they will know how to treat you. I know someone who overdosed on cocaine and was given narcan by EMTs.

Staying hydrated won't hurt you. I would think that benzos would help you come down, but I can't be certain there won't be any adverse drug interactions. You're a big dude and sounds like you have a high tolerance, but despite that you took a very large amount of amphetamine. Worrying is not going to help you, but telling you not to worry won't help either because there is no way for me to know one way or the other. I don't think there are many signs that precede sudden death...

If you start feeling a pain in your chest or arm, experiencing numbness or tingles in your limbs you might want to get some help.

Okay, please take this information with a grain of salt. I don't know about the current condition of your heart or anything like that, so can't make a totally accurate suggestion for you. What I can say, is that Amphetamines in general have a very wide "therapeutic range". This is a pharmacological term that essentially means you can take a lot more than the recommended dosage without experiencing profoundly negative symptoms.

For instance, someone who takes 40mg Oxycodone (Percocet) per day could quite possibly be killed by 4-5x that dosage. With Amphetamines, you can go exponentially higher than the recommended dosage before permanent medical consequences will present. So long as you are a healthy individual, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just coast through it, drink plenty of water (add maybe 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt for every 20oz for electrolyte balance).

Do you have any access to sedatives (Benzodiazepines/Z-drugs)? They will help both with sleep and the anxiety induced by the Amphetamines. Otherwise, I think you will probably be fine. I have used dosages this high in the past and only had to contend with the psychosis/paranoia, with no lasting health effects.

Okay, please take this information with a grain of salt. I don't know about the current condition of your heart or anything like that, so can't make a totally accurate suggestion for you. What I can say, is that Amphetamines in general have a very wide "therapeutic range". This is a pharmacological term that essentially means you can take a lot more than the recommended dosage without experiencing profoundly negative symptoms.

For instance, someone who takes 40mg Oxycodone (Percocet) per day could quite possibly be killed by 4-5x that dosage. With Amphetamines, you can go exponentially higher than the recommended dosage before permanent medical consequences will present. So long as you are a healthy individual, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just coast through it, drink plenty of water (add maybe 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt for every 20oz for electrolyte balance).

Do you have any access to sedatives (Benzodiazepines/Z-drugs)? They will help both with sleep and the anxiety induced by the Amphetamines. Otherwise, I think you will probably be fine. I have used dosages this high in the past and only had to contend with the psychosis/paranoia, with no lasting health effects.

Very good , thank you. I wasn't too stressed about it but the "what if" kept me concerned. Probably didn't help that I was looking for answers and found stories of people having heart failure with much smaller doses than I took. But I believe those people took that dose all at once. I spread my throw 2 days.
Ended up taking (2) 2mg xanax over an hour and went straight to bed. Unfortunately , that was at 3am and I am wide awake at 945am. I guess I was hoping for some more sleep. Anyhow, thanks for the info .

Swim isn't used on these forums.

If you are concerned about health risks go see a doctor or get checked out at the E.R. There are too many factors that play a role in toxicity of drugs and most responses on here are not from trained professionals. Also, if there was cause for alarm there is nothing anyone on these forums can do for you.

Let someone you can trust know that you are at risk for complications related to amphetamine use so if they have to call an ambulance for you they will know how to treat you. I know someone who overdosed on cocaine and was given narcan by EMTs.

Staying hydrated won't hurt you. I would think that benzos would help you come down, but I can't be certain there won't be any adverse drug interactions. You're a big dude and sounds like you have a high tolerance, but despite that you took a very large amount of amphetamine. Worrying is not going to help you, but telling you not to worry won't help either because there is no way for me to know one way or the other. I don't think there are many signs that precede sudden death...

If you start feeling a pain in your chest or arm, experiencing numbness or tingles in your limbs you might want to get some help.

Swim - someone who isn't me. Why can't I use that? Self incrimination could be bad

Swim - someone who isn't me. Why can't I use that? Self incrimination could be bad

From the blue light wiki

"SWIM - Someone who isn't me (Use of this term is discouraged on BL; it is used on some forums in an attempt to avoid incriminating oneself, e.g. "SWIM is considering manufacturing meth, what does SWIM need to know?". There is no evidence that this provides any protection from legal repercussions, and it makes your posts hard to follow. Also, many people switch between "SWIM" and "I" in the same post. Finally, you shouldn't be incriminating yourself (drug synthesis, dealing, etc) on Bluelight anyway)"

From the blue light wiki

"SWIM - Someone who isn't me (Use of this term is discouraged on BL; it is used on some forums in an attempt to avoid incriminating oneself, e.g. "SWIM is considering manufacturing meth, what does SWIM need to know?". There is no evidence that this provides any protection from legal repercussions, and it makes your posts hard to follow. Also, many people switch between "SWIM" and "I" in the same post. Finally, you shouldn't be incriminating yourself (drug synthesis, dealing, etc) on Bluelight anyway)"

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I've been a frequent visitor of this forum for a long time. My questions were usually answered within someone else's experience but this is my first post. Thanks for understanding

I way 330 lbs and I am 6,4
This last Thursday I woke at 6am. At 430pm I Took my first dose of adderall 30mg ir . I have taken one tab every 3-5 hours since then with no sleep. I have had 16 30mg tabs since Thursday at 430pm. It is now Sunday 6pm.
I know what I've done is not ideal or smart but my main question is , can this be an actual lethal dose since it's spread out over time?
I've searched for this answer and I can find are stories of people taking 250-400mg with in a couple hours. Anyone would know that taking that much is short time is dangerous .
But How am I looking in comparison ?
480mg of adderall in 77 hours , with 3-5 hours between each 30mg ... totaling 480mg.
This is not something I've ever done before. Nor will again BUT just how bad is it and the probability of lethality ?
37 years old
330 lbs

Calculating lethal doses vs body weight. Too much!

Been trying to find some specific information regarding lethal dose of adderall and I wasn't able to get much details.
Article mentioned that it's your body weight over the mg? And for that individual the lethal dose was somewhere in the 1000's of mg. Also, is that in one dose or this that over span of hours / days?
Here is the current situation and please help.
Using adderall off and on for 4 years and for the most part I took as prescribed ( 2 30mg ir a day). A few times I went over board and had maybe 5 throughout the day but that didn't happen often.
Before my current situation, it's been a month since I've last dosed.
Last Thursday I woke at 6am but took my one dose at 430pm , 3 hours later I took my next dose . I have been taking one dose(30mg ir) every 3-5 hours since then with no sleep. It's now Sunday at 6pm.
From Thursday 4:30pm to Sunday 6pm I have taken 16 30 mg ir(480mg) and only 5 hours of sleep earlier this morning.
How does my situation compare to the stories I've read of people take 300-400 mg with in a few hours ? I feel mostly fine with the exception of slight hallucinations and my body has a mild case of some shake.
Is heart failure a legit concern at this point ? How dangerous is this , what signs should I look for, does sudden death occur the initial dosing or can it come later?
Also IF im not blowing this out of proportion , are there any remedies and I do to ensure my safety.
Please respond quickly

Instead of worrying about LD-50's or Myocardial infarctions, you might want to look ahead towards something you have far more control over, like how to ride out the crash and get some rest safely. By safely, I mean not at work if that entails operating heavy equipment or even just plain driving from one place to another as part of your duties, because once you begin to get sleepy, drowsiness can amplify quickly and leave you rather groggy especially if you've been without sleep and have alprazolam in your system.

On the other hand if paranoia continues or you feel like things are getting worse most hospitals or ER's will take your vitals for free and probably offer their advice as well. If you have insurance or are willing to pay for a full workup, blood-tests and imaging might be offered up even if it will do far more towards putting your mind at ease vs actually intervening in an emergency. Hang in there, I think you'll live to tell about this experience..

OP, I merged your posts. If you are worried that you may be in danger, seek medical assistance.

It's not a lethal dose for a healthy individual, especially spread out like that. You could expect your tolerance to be jacked up from now on though. That thing you did with the 2 bars and sleeping, waking up wide awake, that is what I would do, with ice and xanax/etizolam blotters... its highly enjoyable you just have to not care too much about your overall health, thats just what ends up happening and it sounds but tbh like youre not even really overall having "fun".. so come down and then think about it for a few days before you get anything else? so if these were prescribed and thats how you took em, prolly not a good idea to get em again eh? If you care about your health. If not then, shit, by all means, keep going balls to the wall. Although 390mg is kind of alot. It will make you lose weight really, really fast. Although still, its not the best idea.