• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery 36 hrs without opiates AND feeling good - 7 weeks in :)

geekgrl

Bluelighter
Congratulating myself over managing a night without any Oxy, after tapering from a half g a day H habit, over 3 weeks and waiting 4 weeks to stabilise on 10mg oxycodone at night (prescribed). I've not IVd for a few weeks either, so a double wammy really.

This is the first day I feel half decent, no benzos, no nothing (except my prescribed meds of pregab / SNRI).

Life is FINALLY coming back together, my head is clear, I have new professional work on the way, my existing work is going well, my mental health is better. Things are happening.... FINALLY - it's taken me 3 and half years to piece it all back together.

Good luck to everyone, especially those coming off opiates / benzos, I feel your pain, but there is light at the end of the tunnel of dependence.

Congratulations on getting this far . Its a great feeling when you finally get of the gear and the depression has lifted and you can start thinking of the future always be on your guard but also enjoy moments like this

well done!! you're doing really well. not IVing is also very good if you had a needle fixation, though i never had one myself i have memories of watching people inject like the 10th washout that make me cringe so i've seen how compulsive it can be.

Congrats! Keep strong, keep it up <3

And most importantly, don't let any setbacks knock you off course or make you feel like you failed.

Congratulations. I'm curious: how long were you on for? That's a long taper and that must have taken a crazy amount of motivation and persistence.

Good luck keeping it going