• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

36 hours into Fentanyl withdrawal, still no symptoms

itheskye

Greenlighter
I?ve been using I.V. what I thought was just white heroin for about 6 months now. Tried going to a subutex clinic about a month ago and turns out I tested negative for heroin and positive for fentanyl. I am planning on going into a detox center that accepts 24hr walk ins, however; you have to be in at least moderate withdrawal to be able to get admitted. I am now at exactly 36hrs and I still have zero symptoms. I was able to sleep all through the night and the only symptom I?ve had is just that I have no desire to eat. I?ve been doing about 16 packs a day so I guess that adds up to a little over a gram and a half. For the last 3 weeks, I haven?t even been getting high from using. Just staying well, but I?d never wait long enough to have withdrawal symptoms before the next time I used so I don?t really know when I?m supposed to start feeling withdrawals. I know that it?s impossible for me to just not have withdrawals at all so I guess I?m asking if anyone else has experience with iv fentanyl and withdrawal taking this long to set in? I?ve gotten off heroin before but that withdrawal set in after 12 hours so this is just really foreign to me. I tried looking up other posts about this and couldn?t find anything.

that is very strange. I start feeling fentanyl withdrawal within 5 hours. Your china white might have one of the longer lasting fent analogues in it like 4fibf, so w/ds could still be around the corner.

I actually remember reading a thread similar to this one awhile back. If I recall, it was the nature of the fent itself. Apparently it was much more longer lasting than that OP would have thought. Don't fret too much because like that poster found, it will come, sorry to say. Enjoy the time it does take to kick in.

1.5 hrs away from 48hr Mark. Minimal headache and chills/goosebumps. I?m afraid that since it?s happening so slow it?s going to take longer to get over. Still not sick enough to go to detox place. I?ve been told the worst is over after 72hrs but I doubt that is the truth for me.

This would be considered extremely atypical. I actually left several paragraphs in this thread yesterday, but apparently I didn't hit send. If, truly, Fentanyl or drugs analogous to it in terms of Pharmacokinetics are all that you're using, I would expect your syndrome to begin as little as 4 hours in (anxiety, cravings) with a full, complete syndrome being underway within 12 hours. Obviously, this is going to vary from person to person, but your case would definitely be termed, anomalous.

What you're experiencing is really more along the lines of Methadone withdrawal in terms of its progression. Please keep us updated and provide us with information regarding all drugs that you use and how frequently. Can you please give us as much information as possible? I don't know what is going on with you, but I would like to understand and to help you.

At any rate, this is a good thing, I suppose.

I don?t use anything else at all. I am now exactly 60 hours in. Sweaty palms and a bit of anxiety I suppose but I am nowhere near miserable by any means. I guess I might not go to the detox place after all. Slept through the night last night with some weird dreams and woke up a lot but still, not anywhere near miserable. I?d like to think that this is probably the worst this is going to get but I fear that?s just medically impossible. Never done methadone, don?t drink or do any benzos, I am generally pretty sedentary especially during this process. Just been laying around watching tv and almost hoping for more symptoms. I am a 23 year old female. Pretty decent health. Still have some goosebumps when I go outside to smoke.

60+ hours in and slight WD symptom... strange indeed.
Experience with minimal WDs from opiates and other drugs is common here; yet I am far from sedentary. Moving about and sweating heavily 6+ hours a day meanwhile consuming 1-2 gallons of water may be the reason for my quick and mostly painless WDs. Not saying the WDs are not felt... probably just mostly ignored (busy) but the agony/rage/pain lurks just beneath the surface.
Glad to hear you are relatively pain-free... fent was a bitch when I ditched it.
Best of luck and godspeed, itheskye.
Peace

It seems every once in awhile people get lucky and don't experience the full spectrum of withdrawals like they should. Why this happens every once in awhile is a complete mystery to me but it does apparently happen from time to time.

I guess you can count yourself lucky this time? Assuming, of course, the withdrawals aren't still just around the corner. Most fentanyl type drugs do have have short half lives but some people have reported much longer duration of action with very high doses... I guess metabolism can get backed up past a certain point.

If you make it through this time without much withdrawals then hooray! but just remember this was most likely a fluke. I would not count on this ever happening again.

This is very strange. Maybe your habit wasn't as big as you thought although six months is definitely long enough to make any wd from opiates a bitch to deal with. Maybe the fent you were getting was cut with a non opiate and so your habit stayed relatively low even though you may have thought you were doing more. Or maybe your lucky and you'll get through this without a hitch. Some people are more sensitive than others and some less. Maybe it's just easier for you to get through wds. Don't take my word for it though. Like the previous guy said, this is most likely a fluke and I wouldn't count on it happening again.
Bluerobot.

Depending on how much info you have left out, I am not as surprised as everyone else about this.

You just started using opiates 6 months ago? Were you using everyday or nearly so? If nearly how often did you go without? What I am getting at is the kindling effect of opiate WD. WD builds each time you go through ti, your first symptoms will consist of little more than yawning, runny nose, achey/weak musles, and it will grow from there each time you WD.

There was a time when I was doing 240-400mg of oxycodone a day, with duragesic patches and vicodin thrown in(way back when there was a pill mill in every strip mall ready to give you whatever you had enough cash to pay for). But my WDs weren't much worse than what I described above, despite the fact that I had been doing opiates sporadically for over 2 years, but on a daily basis for only 4-6 months(which is when my tolerance got out of hand). For a long, long time I just chalked it up to my being young(was 19 years old) but the more I learned and the more I saw instances like yours I realized the impact the kindling effect had. Honestly, unless you are binging one week, off the next, repeatedly, IME 6 months is a relatively short time to develop a raging dependency depending on your usage patterns. If you only have access to people with scripts(or your own) its harder to score enough to cover everyday, so you are going without 1 week of every month, so it might have been a good thing you started with heroin(or what you thought was heroin) but even then if you don't have enough money you are using for 5-12 days then sobre for 3-4 repeatedly then you can really ramp up your WDs really, really quick.

Last edited:
Also should be borne in mind that the fentanyl series of drugs bind in a different receptor conformation than most other opioids, and they induce significant receptor downregulation and internalization, as well as tachyphylaxis very rapidly compared to other opioids.

coolwhip has a good point. obviously ymmv and not everyone will be graced the same way, but the first go around is normally the most lenient. a true psychological habit, even in an addiction prone personality, takes more than 6 months to REALLY sink its hooks into you. dont get me wrong a monster is a monster, but it does progressively get worse over the years. it took me a solid 2-3 years of heavy oxy use to really start seeing major psychological change in my approach to it. the physical part is really secondary Imo, it only amplifies the pathology of the withdrawal mindset. I think youth, health, mindset, reasons for taking the drug, neurochemistry all these may contribute but its definitely the kindling effect. in my high school days I had a pretty serious Xanax dependency, I was prescribed 120 2mg bars every month and abused those heavily and supplemented with street benzos too for over a year and got off by my own intent with no noticeably excruciating effects besides mind discomfort. I remember feeling a little uneasy and using it as an excuse to bum 5mg oxys off my girlfriend at the time hahah, but I distinctly remember doing it more so as an excuse to take her pills and less so from actually needing them. it left no impression whatsoever, it was rather weak. I didn't even realize the bullet I dodged at the time, I look back on it now in amazement.

I've been taking codeine huge doses sometimes for 4 years in fact I just overdosed which I made a thread about I never get unbearable withdrawal I just get back of energy and yawning as long as I stay in bed and eat and drink light I'm fine honestly I dunno if I'm lucky to like op or what I will say though I do crave the high now and again.. The proper high that you can only get at high doses when tolerant 750 mg + this just makes life bearable for me and takes stuff of my mind.

I've been taking codeine huge doses sometimes for 4 years in fact I just overdosed which I made a thread about I never get unbearable withdrawal I just get back of energy and yawning as long as I stay in bed and eat and drink light I'm fine honestly I dunno if I'm lucky to like op or what I will say though I do crave the high now and again.. The proper high that you can only get at high doses when tolerant 750 mg + this just makes life bearable for me and takes stuff of my mind.

Codeine withdrawal is nothing like Heroin/Fentanyl withdrawal even at the highest Codeine dose you you cant compare the two.

I'm 32 been doing H for 12 years. Always knew when it was time to dose. Lately I never go through withdrawals and the dope I do is some of the best fent around. I went to a few rehabs recently n the last one I stayed for 7 days without any opioid and never got sick just bad cravings. The first couple days I took klonopin twice coricidn and Benadryl. The Klons would help but not like they did this time. I just couldn't sleep and that's normal high or not. One of the rehabs I went to I gave to people fent n both almost died had to get narcanned multiple times n go in an ambulance. So I know my dope is the reals. I should be getting sick every 5-6 hours or at least 12. But I'll go over 24 hours and not have any typ of symptom. This shit doesn't make sense at all. So I feel you OP.