View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

3 tabs first time?

Undeniable Peace

Greenlighter
Tomorrow I am going to be receiving 3 tabs of acid. This is my first time trying psychedelics and I really want to enjoy this. I understand this is probably a high dose for a first time but I'm confident I could handle it.

I'm going to be smoking cannabis throughout the trip, mostly for anxiety. But I'm going to be in my room listening to music for most of the time unless I decide to go outside and look at the stars for a little while.

So I have a few questions;
•If I do start having a bad trip, would taking 15mg buspirone help?
•What should I do to prepare for the trip?
•What are some things that you wish someone would've told you before your first trip?

Have a great night everyone!

Don't take three blotters for your first time, mainly because you have no idea whether it's real LSD, an NBOMe, or a DOx. No matter whether you can handle the intensity of 3 blotters of LSD or not, 3 blotters of an NBOMe has the potential to be lethal, and 3 blotters of an DOx has the potential to have you out of your gourd for 24+ hours.

Also, don't think smoking weed is going to help with anxiety, it's not. If anything it will make things more anxious as it will greatly potentiate the psychedelic experience and turns things up a notch, exactly the opposite of what you'd want if smoking it for anxiety.

To answer your actual questions... Prepare by eating light and healthy the entire day or two before tripping, ala fruits, veggies, nuts, etc. Try to start your day of tripping with physical exercise whether it be running, lifting weights, or yoga. Meditate for as long as possible before ingesting. If you cannot keep up actual meditation that long, just be sure you are 100% in the present moment as long before dropping as you can be, focusing on your breath and what is there at that moment instead of being lost in thought. If you start having a "bad trip" buspirone may help, but it should never be the first option. Bad trips don't come out of nowhere for no reason. They are the result of negativity you have shoved down below and ignored bubbling up, wanting to be confronted, dealt with, and let go of. If you start to feel negativity overtaking you, simply breath in and out and focus on that movement of both air and your chest. Bring yourself back to the present moment. That's all it takes to prevent yourself from being swept up into it. If the negativity was abstract and simply from a bad thought, it will bring you out of it. If the negativity is from yourself, from emotional baggage you have built up and not dealt with, from seeing ways you have treated others, ways you've treated yourself, etc. then breathing will not bring you completely out of it, if you will. It will simply allow you the space to feel the emotion, but not be swept up by it into a nightmarish world of thought.

Anything you feel, realize, remember, or think about yourself and your existence that may seem negative and something you'd rather not think about, confront it. Running away is what causes bad trips, and what causes emotional baggage to build in our every day lives.

Know that there are other souls out there that care for and love you.