• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery 3 online resources I found

bluemonkey

Bluelighter
I was using kratom for recovery and maintenance but because of unrelated stomach problems that are still being sorted out ( stuck in referral red tape), it stopped staying down even in capsule form.

On top of that I moved and had to get a new primary doctor. The new primary I was assigned by my managed medi-cal wouldn’t give me pain meds even for a few weeks while I wait for this GI referral.

So I looked online for suboxone clinics nearby and found one called bicycle health.

It’s completely online and they take most insurance. They have peer support groups ( which I haven’t been to yet) and actual therapy for an additional fee.

The fee was too much for me, so I went looking again and found a site with interactive video lessons on a lot of topics including addiction. It’s based on cognitive behavioral therapy. The website is called Iprevail. It’s 10 dollars a month. There’s “ peer counseling and the lessons but no licensed therapists.

If you live in Los Angeles county California or while you’re visiting ( according to a friend of mine) you can register for free. My friend said she only had to be in LA when she was signing up and she has been able to use her account even though she’s back in Nevada now

Lastly, I have found the free personality test at 16personalities.com to be useful in reminding me of stuff I had forgotten about myself while I was on pain meds.

Anyone else have any useful online resources?

Last edited:
What kind of resources would you like to find? Are you interested in more personal discovery like personality tests or more opiod tapering management solutions?

I've found quite a lot of useful resources over the years, but struggling to recall things at the moment. Maybe I just need a topic. Feeling a bit foggy this morning.

You are currently using and trying to get off, hence your mind is a bit fuzzy right? Opiates often it can be hard to know how different our behaviour may seem to other people

I live in Europe where healthcare is free but I like to be in control of everything. I've never had a medically assisted detox by someone else, I just ran it on myself. You can choose to either go for a long tapered management solution like Suboxone (they make alot of money so of course they will push this option hard) or you can simply have the withdrawals.

You can switch everything to equivalent morphine or codeine. Then you rapdily taper down the daily dose until it is something you can live with and then jump off. You'll feel terrible for four days minimum. The frist 4 days are terrible. It is like a really bad flu. If you are only taking kratom, going cold turkey is unlikely to be fatal. Having some simple codeine and diazepam on hand is usaully enough to get through it if you ever face severe dehyration. I never used medically asssisted even though it is free where I live. Fixing it yourself is not politically correct advice but it means this time next week you could be sober.

The real hard part isn't getting off it is not coming back

I've found quite a lot of useful resources over the years, but struggling to recall things at the moment. Maybe I just need a topic. Feeling a bit foggy this morning.
If you're looking for addiciton related/useful resources, I really liked a YouTube channel called Impact Theory my first time round coming off everything. You can both learn about others addiction expereinces and learn alot of really interesting psychology, business and lifestyle stuff for moving forward

There's an episode of True Geordie where they interview a former heroin addict who was bad to the bone. His story is really interesting and sums up alot of the states people go through in addiction. He's a case who went to rock bottom and prison and now actively works to get kids off drugs. Be warned they show you pictures of his injuries from past injecting which are a bit gruesome

I’ve never used anything recreational or outside of the legal way to obtain it. So I don’t think I would know how to source it myself. As far as what types of resources I am looking for… I think it’s 2 sides to the same coin.

Issues of this type can disconnect one from one’s passions, IMHO so reconnecting with them is part of the process and gives one something to focus on besides withdrawal and cravings etc

I just found a free interactive CBT program (online rather than an App). It’s called breaking free online. It’s geared towards substance use disorder, It’s meant for people in Canada. If you are outside of Canada you will need a VPN and an Ontario postal code. Like my dad said with Google it’s easy enough to look up the address to the capitol building or something and get a zip code that will work,
I literally just started it so I can’t comment on how sound the CBT is or anything else.