Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

3 Of My Most Terrifying Pot Experiences

livedinbars

Greenlighter
Mind you, I have been smoking marijuana since I was 13 years old. None of these stories occurred when I had a particularly low tolerance, or when I was new to pot. In fact, my first year of chronic use, from when I was 13 to 14, I had no bad experiences at all. I always felt awesome and had a good laugh and it was whatever. However, I do now know in my adulthood that I have a schizophrenic spectrum disorder (schizotypal disorder), and that marijuana can induce psychotic symptoms in me. Lately, I've been using pot no problem.

When I was 14, a friend and I bought lemon skunk from a dealer we had at the time. This dealer was responsible for the second bad experience story as well. I have always been skeptical as to whether or not he ever "modified" his product. Anyway, we smoked the whole 25 sack of skunk, out of a bong. Almost immediately after, we both started blacking out. We'd go black for a few seconds, then "return," and we would notify each other of it. We would also blank out and stare into space, and then shake a little and kind of snap out of it, realizing we blanked out so intensely. I find it odd we both had the same experience, considering we are of opposite genders, one of us 5'8 and 130 at the time, the other 5'3 and 120. Even if those traits don't matter, it's just odd to me. I don't think my schizotypal had anything to do with this one.

Later in the year, still 14, I had smoked a bowl out of a bong. No low tolerance, not a newbie. I had never experienced anything like this before. I couldn't stop laughing, I couldn't go into my house because I couldn't stop laughing, I kept having in-head flashbacks to dreams. I was high for about 7 to 8 hours, without the intensity decreasing for the first 6 hours at least. It was bad. I made a few nonsensical drawings, and stuck a guitar pick holder to my door. I dunno.

The last, I was 16. This one I know the exact cause of, it was because it was a damn edible. They always blow me off of my ass, and I know I'm not alone. Anyway, I was driving, my dad in passenger seat gives me half of a small pot pumpkin pie. I was reluctant to eat it, but my dad was one of those pushers, for some reason. I eat it, and drive us to laser tag. We get into the laser tag briefing area, and it hits me. So hard. I couldn't think straight, per usual, the little kids were terrifying to me, I felt like I couldn't move my legs, and naturally had a panic attack. I got into the game, and the experience was too intense. I couldn't control my heart rate. I tried to control it by thinking it into slowing, and breathing slower, but alas, no avail. The kids were scary, everything was scary. My legs were shaking so bad I could walk, but not run. I went home and slept it off. My dad felt like an ass.

Well, thats it, not particularly fascinating stories, but just wanted to share.