Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(3-MeO-PCP / ~45mg) - Experienced - Dustin Serotony

MundaneDivinity

Bluelighter
I first began working with 3-MeO-PCP a little under two weeks ago. Moderate prior experience with dissociatives including:

• Roughly three years of semi-regular oral DXM use. Ancient history (over ten years ago), numerous doses in the high three-figure/low four-figure mg range, often in combination with LSD. My little DXM ritual was to take X amount of acid during the day, have a little adventure, then retire home about 8 hours in to drop a 4th Plateau dose of DXM, watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas for the come up, then crawl/stagger into bed for 2-? hours of ego-obliterating extra-dimensional bliss. For the record, don't combine these materials unless you have considerable experience with both and start with lower doses of DXM until carefully titrating upwards to your optimal dose over a number of well spaced trials. At the time I thought I was invincible (don't we all at that age), but I have heard that this is a potentially dangerous combination.

• A couple low dose trials with insufflated ketamine, also ancient history, once in combination with DXM (= projectile vomiting onto floor, inability to clean up, followed by blackout in case you were wondering, but I'm sure you weren't).

• A few unmeasured trials with smoked street PCP (ancient history again).

• Somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 to 8 grams of mostly sublingual MXE in the last year, most of it utter shite but around half a gram of some nice, high quality, powdery white. Maximum single dose of MXE was 80mg (HQ) rectal, total of ~200mg (HQ) rectal/sublingual for the night (I'm new to plugging and have yet to master the logistics of redosing plugged dissociatives) at the end of a 3mg oral DOC trip (in case you haven't noticed, I prefer my dissos at the tail end of a "true" psychedelic trip). This was a good, strong dose for me, but I still would have felt comfortable taking it higher if it hadn't been so late and the end of my supply. Again, the above combination is not recommended unless you have considerable experience with both materials and titration is of the utmost importance when combining ANY illicit chemicals.

• One trial roughly six months ago with somewhere in the neighborhood of 200-400mg oral 4-MeO-PCP over the course of ~12 hours. This was before I got over the stigma of plugging and I was trying to work my way up to a "proper" oral dose in one go with a dosing pattern of something like 1-5-10-20-50-100(?)-200(??) mg spaced roughly two hours apart (I didn't take notes and my memory is as expected a little fuzzy). I'd be inclined to call this one my favorite dissociative so far, except for the fact that:
1. [Unpleasant but tolerable] I was stricken with gradually intensifying robo-itch which I have never experienced on ANY dissociative before.​

2. [Intolerable] Around four hours after my last dose I was overcome by rapidly intensifying Restless Leg Syndrome type symptoms throughout my entire body which had me dropping a couple mg of etizolam and pounding a beer while pacing back and forth through my apartment, wildly flailing my arms about waiting for sleep to overtake me (the beer and etiz did the trick admirably).
As an addendum to the above CD (Curriculum Dissociae?), I will add that on the few occasions that I have pushed myself far enough to "lose the plot" as they say, I have always managed enough self-awareness to tell myself "Alright buddy, that's quite enough, now it's time to go curl up in bed." Nevertheless, the numerous reports of amnesic mania in the B&D had me low-balling this stuff and titrating perhaps a little more carefully than I am usually inclined to do. Over the past few weeks, I have tested (with a minimum of 48 hours between doses, never redosing during the same trial until last night), <1-5-8-10-12 mg of this material. Now for the trip report proper:

Patient:
Male, early 30's, fair health, slightly overweight.

Set:
Spirits are high; I have been eating better, hitting the booze less, and exercising more for a couple of weeks. Some research is planned for the afternoon/evening, but the specifics are not locked down until around T: -2:00.

Setting:
Work in the morning, followed by an afternoon alone, an evening with company, and the day off tomorrow. At home alone until T: +7:00, at which point I expect a friend for no more than four hours. House is moderately clean, weather is beautiful but a little too hot for my blood so I will probably stay in and try to keep cool.

T: -9:00
Wake up early for work. Start the day with a light breakfast, some green tea, and 150mg oral 3-FA (I have a tolerance).

T: -5:00
Breakfast part two.

T: -4:00
75mg oral 3-FA (planned redose).

T: -2:00
Decide the subject of research for the afternoon will be 6-MAPB. Since I have never had the pleasure of combining ketamine with an SRA and both DXM and MXE are contraindicated, I decide that I will consider adding a small amount of 3-MeO-PCP later in the trial.

T: =0:00
Weigh, cap, and bomb 150mg oral6-MAPB (I am a bit of a hard-head when it comes to SRAs).
Weigh and cap one 50mg dose of 6-MAPB for possible redose, and three 5mg doses plus one 10mg dose of 3-MeO-PCP. The plan is to wait until T: +4:00 before taking any 3-MeO-PCP, waiting at least three hours between redoses, and not to exceed a maximum of 20mg (despite having prepared 25mg, I am planning on a maximum dose of 15 or 20mg).

T: +0:30
Since I skipped lunch, I prepare and eat a light snack of about one cup each grapes and blueberries.

T: +1:00
50mg oral 6-MAPB (planned possible redose; in retrospect, this was not needed, did not add anything of value to the experience, and is not recommended).

T: +1:00-3:00
Lounging in bed. Copious stretching, rolling about, moaning, and sighing. Alternately reflect on the state of relationships in my life and enjoy some electronic music. At one point I attempt to enjoy some sexy films, but I'm more interested in watching and listening to them than pleasuring myself; masturbation is practically impossible.

T: +3:00
The 6-MAPB is beginning to wind down. Feet are cold, despite the fact that the temperature is at or above 90 degrees. Head downstairs to clean up a bit and watch some TV.

T: +3:30
Have been trying to watch TV, but it is difficult to focus. Alternating between screens; TV on one, Bluelight and vendor-browsing on the other. Far from sober but still feeling empathetic and in a state that is difficult to enjoy alone, I impatiently dose the first 5mg capsule of 3-MeO-PCP 30 minutes ahead of schedule.

T: +4:30
Ironically, the dissociation seems to have cleared my head a bit. The effects of the empathogen are still lingering around, but don't seem to have been potentiated any by the 3-MeO-PCP. It is becoming easier to focus both on the television and on things that need to get done. I no longer feel like languishing about on the couch. Finish watching TV and then take care of the cleaning up I had intended to get done an hour ago, send out some emails, and start prepping for dinner.

T: +6:30
At this point the 3-MeO-PCP is in full swing, but I am only slightly above threshold as expected from the mild dose. I am left with a mild warm and fuzzy afterglow from the 6-MAPB, but there has been no noticeable potentiation and there are no apparent negative side effects from the combination. I actually feel slightly more alert and coherent than I normally would at this point after a roll. I take the first 5mg redose of 3-MeO-PCP on schedule and put dinner in the oven.

T: +7:00
Company has arrived. I do not share the fact that I am under the influence and they do not seem to notice. I feel a bit friskier than usual, which I attribute to a combination of residual empathy and a growing stimulation. As we eat dinner and watch some TV, the dissociation continues to intensify, but stays at a very manageable level. I am much more interested in interacting with my company than watching the television. We laugh and have a good time, until they heads off to get some work done and go to sleep.

T: +9:30
I am still not aware of any potentiation or negative interaction between the 6-MAPB and 3-MeO-PCP. Since my previous experience with 15mg of 3-MeO-PCP was not especially intense, far from overwhelming and very manageable, I decide that I want to push it a little farther than I originally planned and redose the remaining pre-measured 15mg, bringing my total dose for the night to 25mg.

T: +10:00
I quite enjoy watching watching movies in the throes of a dissociative trip. I haven't watched Inception recently and it is one of my favorites for this purpose, so I start it up. I recklessly disregard the compounding effects of redosing and decide that I want to push this dose farther than my earlier trial at 15mg, so I pause the movie before it starts and quickly weigh another 5mg (total of 30mg for the night), toss it under my tongue, and throw it back with a gulp of water. Cutting out the gel-cap middleman, I hope, will allow the effects to be felt roughly in time with the 15mg redose 30 minutes prior.

T: +10:30
The 3-MeO-PCP is taking hold much quicker this time, as I expected. I am still able to follow the movie, but I am completely engrossed in every second of it. I am more critical of the film than I have been in previous viewings. World-building early in the movie feels clumsy and full of holes; dialogue is trite and riddled with poor word choices. I marvel at the fact that such a lengthy, hugely expensive, and immensely popular film would not have been more thoroughly proof-read and edited in the screenwriting phase. In retrospect, I have to wonder if my critical analysis was justified or simply the result of my growing dissociation from reality and resultant inability to relate with humanity. Nevertheless, make no mistake: I was enjoying myself immensely.

T: +10:30-12:30
Dissociation continues to intensify at a rapid pace. Fairly early in this time frame I probably would have had a very hard time following the film if it was not so familiar due to multiple viewings; even so, the last half hour or so was a jumbled blur. In the interim, my mind wanders between the film and my own creative aspirations. I am convinced that my stroke of artistic genius is within my grasp, if only I could harness the motivation to put it into action. Surely I am capable of crafting a story even more intriguing and convincingly put together than this one that so aptly captured the world's attention. I decide that I must rewatch and analyze this film and others like it again while sober, to draw inspiration from them and make my mark on the world. All the while, I feel a slight warmth and fuzziness as my body melts into the couch that is different from my other trials with 3-MeO-PCP. I'm not sure if it is attributable to residual effects from the 6-MAPB or the higher dose of 3-MeO-PCP.

T: +12:30
It is very late, I have been awake for close to 24 hours, and I am very high. Walking up the stairs to use the bathroom is difficult. I consider going to bed, but as usual after watching a Christopher Nolan film while under the influence of an arylcyclohexylamine, I am enthralled and feel compelled to watch more. I decide on another 5mg redose. Meanwhile, I put on my headphones and listen to this inspiring speech made by Charlie Chaplin in The Great Dictator set to Time from the Inception soundtrack on repeat. I arrive downstairs to find that one of my furry little four-legged cat-friends stealth vomited a hairball on my couch. It takes me a few minutes to figure out how to deal with this situation. After a few trips to and from the kitchen, I decide on scooping up the solids with a paper towel. Surprisingly, I am able to retrieve and operate the Bissel Little Green carpet cleaner to polish off the job. I only run the machine briefly so as not to wake my company and make a mental note to avoid the wet spot on that part of my couch. Fortunately, it's a large couch.

At my scale, I decide to redose 10mg instead of five. Reading the numbers on the scale is difficult; likewise, my short term memory is fucked. In the midst of weighing, I forget the initial weight of my weighing paper. I know it read 0.03x grams before adding the chemical so I decide to stop at under 0.040. There is some material left on the scoop; by sight, it is less than the amount on the paper. I lick both the paper and the scoop clean. I would hazard a guess that the total amount ingested at this time was no greater than 15mg, bringing my total for the night to let's say 40-45mg over the course of about nine hours.

T: +13:00-15:00
Sticking with my Christopher Nolan theme, I decide to watch the first movie in his Batman trilogy which I have not seen for some time. It takes me some time to figure out the name of this film other than Batman (it's Batman Begins) and a little bit longer to navigate the Xbox UI to find the movie to rent, but finally I get it started. Double vision is intense; I find myself longing for the PCP-Pirate eye patch (thanks crOOk). The subtitles are difficult to read (I always watch movies with them on), the fan is blowing loudly, and the volume is low so as not to wake my company, so I try to cover one eye with my hand. It works but is uncomfortable, so I decide to make do without. I'm amazed at how young Christian Bale looks. I wonder about the change of actress for his love interest in the second movie, but can't remember who the replacement was and can't be bothered to look. I'm having a hard time following the plot, but convince myself that I need to buy this trilogy so I don't need to rent it every time I want to watch it. My mind continues to wander to and from my creative aspirations, but that warm and fuzzy melting feelings keeps growing and I find myself mostly content to just be. Around T: +15:00, I realize that I have been awake for 24 hours and am not feeling tired in the least and the movie is drawing to a close, so I decide on a 2mg dose of etizolam. Even with the one eye closed, there is no way that I can read the numbers on my small 1ml oral syringe. Judging by the relative fullness of the barrel, I settle on somewhere between 0.1 and 0.4ml of my 10mg/ml solution. I lay down on the couch to finish the movie before heading to bed.

T: +21:00
I wake up on the couch in exactly the same position I laid down in. I stand and stumble back down on the couch, still considerably intoxicated.

T: +24:00
Balance and coordination mostly restored. Some residual mental and visual fuzziness, but not enough to deter me from writing this, my very first trip report. In fact, my mood is quite positive and I have considerable energy and focus considering I've only had six hours of sleep after being awake for a 24 hour drug binge =D.

Afterthoughts:
This material seems to share a similar timeline to MXE, perhaps with a longer trailing off period. Peak effects seem to hit somewhere between one or two hours and begin to taper around the 3 hour mark. It definitely seems to be less energetic and euphoric than MXE while having stronger amnesic and manic properties. Visually there seems to be a bit of static or snow and some tracers, but much less so than DXM or 4-MeO-PCP. I haven't really explored CEVs much, but from what I have seen there is definitely some potential for the "mind movie" style of CEVs -- possibly even more so than with MXE. I'm also experiencing slightly more of an afterglow from this experience, as opposed to DXM and MXE which make me feel more hungover the day after. I can't really compare this to ketamine or PCP because of my limited trials with those materials.

My initial trials did not reveal any of the amnesic or manic effects reported by many users of this material, but they definitely made an appearance last night. Redosing is a slippery slope with this one because I think there is a tendency to think that you are not quite as high as you actually are. There is an additive effect that seems to sneak up on you rapidly but subtly. In combination, these two factors can be a bit dangerous as evidenced by my final redose, wherein I felt sure of myself enough to think taking more was prudent and was physically capable of doing so, yet my memory was so impaired that I forgot the weight of my weighing paper within seconds and had to concentrate intensely just to be able to read the numbers on the scale. I could easily see this being significantly worse over the course of longer binges, to the point where a person could forget they had already taken more and accidentally double dose. Even in my case, as a moderately experienced dissociative user with clearly defined boundaries, I ended up taking almost triple the originally intended amount. While it wasn't much, I was also more inclined to spend money than I normally would be, which is a classic sign of mania. This manifested in my purchasing a digital version of Inception and renting Batman (whereas normally I would just find something free to watch), as well as my desire to buy physical copies of these movies and others. I also found my mind wandering to things like wanting to buy a Blu-Ray disc player and an iPad. I am also not a very impulsive person overall, generally very level-headed and calm, so I could see impulsiveness and recklessness being significantly more pronounced in other individuals. Dissociative-naive and impulsive users should take extra caution.

I definitely would not have wanted to be out in public in the state I was in last night, and I probably won't even come close to repeating a dose of that magnitude in the future. There seems to be a rapid intensification of effects starting somewhere in the 10-15mg range. From my earlier trials, I have found that 8-10mg produced a nice, moderate dose, whereas 15mg was at the beginnings of a strong experience. My one trial at 12mg felt a little awkward in that it was too strong to really be functional, but not enough to really put you out there. I wouldn't really recommend mixing this with stimulants due to the possibility of increased mania. By the time I started with the 3-MeO-PCP, the 3-FA had worn off and I am stim-tolerant to begin with. I also wouldn't really recommend mixing with an empathogen because neither substance seemed to really add anything to the other; rather the 3-MeO-PCP pretty much overrode the effects of the 6-MAPB. While I do think I took too much, I didn't really notice much in the way negative side effects. There was a slight headache near the end and some nausea during the onset but both passed fairly quickly. Body temperature was consistent and I did not notice any change in heart rate or breathing, heaviness in the chest, muscle tension, or kidney pain that some have reported.

Overall, this material feels relatively benign to me (YMMV). In the future I intend to avoid redosing altogether, and I would advise others to do the same. I may titrate my maximum dose in the future by experimenting with single doses in the 25-30mg range, but I get the impression that this one may shine in the lower ~10mg range.

Last edited: