• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

3-MeO-MPC - Anyone tried it, or know anything about it?

ManRider

Bluelighter
The title says it all. I've started seeing this one out in the wild, but there's almost no information I can find about it.

Anyone have some experience with it, or other information to share?

3-methoxy-1-(methyl)cyclohexyl-piperidine
http://imgur.com/POAcfZm (image of the molecule)

Some related compounds are known as antiprotozoal drugs but there's no indication this molecule is active, or indeed is actually being sold at all. It's unknown in the literature.

So why would someone make antiprotozoal RCs (and sell them to people like us)? Are there any potential recreative effects besides just killing some amoeba?

It's very probably a chemical not meant for human consumption at all. If there are druglike effects they are totally unknown, as is stuff like toxicity data, synthesis route, etc. There's a good chance whatever is being sold is just a dumping ground for unloading crappy RCs. Don't bother.

So why would someone make antiprotozoal RCs (and sell them to people like us)? Are there any potential recreative effects besides just killing some amoeba?

I don't think that antiprotozoal medication was the intent, this looks like a bastardization of the newfound MXM, featuring a simple piperidine ring in lieu of cyclohexanone and the benzene saturated into cyclohexane. Matter of fact, it looks closer to a desphenyl-PCP with a methoxy slapped on than anything else

I would save my money.

I don't think that antiprotozoal medication was the intent, this looks like a bastardization of the newfound MXM, featuring a simple piperidine ring in lieu of cyclohexanone and the benzene saturated into cyclohexane. Matter of fact, it looks closer to a desphenyl-PCP with a methoxy slapped on than anything else

I would save my money.
One of the things I found was a Reddit drugs list that included it in a list of dissociatives. Searching the web for this compound turns up a lot of places selling it and very little in the way of other information.

Moving this over to the more theoretical NSP forum, we mainly discuss drugs found to be active, sold and (beginning to be) used here in PD, if the activity fits the 'mind-expansion or -warping' PD profile that is.

The 3-MeO is switched from the aryl to the cyclohexyl with the aryl totally missing. The piperidine cannot be seen as standing in for one of the arylcyclohexyl rings, it represents the amine there. And while cyclohexyls and phenyl rings may seem similar with regard to basic composition, the electronic configuration is very different. So while visually similar at first to say MXM, it is not similar at all, a lot of the elements are jumbled up.

Last edited:
Man, I'm getting too old for this. Oddly, most of the Google-able websites selling 3-MeO-MPC are selling a different compound: 3-(methoxymethyl)-1-piperidinylcyclohexane. Either the Chinese honeypots are wrong or the /r/drugs wiki is wrong. But who? And why would anyone take a compound that appears to be totally different from any known dissociative, or other recreational drug for that matter? We actually have no idea what it might do to you!

I'm inclined to agree with sekio, it's not anything at all, but a mixture of failed drug candidates, and it is given a totally silly structure for the same reason that spam e-mails always come from Nigerian princes: you want to filter out all but the stupidest of saps before you attempt to sell them horseshit.

Old thread, just saw your comment atara.

I'm not 100% sure where I got that IUPAC for "3-MeO-MPC" for the /r/Drugs wiki back then sadly (random lookchem?).

However, it's still available even in wholesale amounts, and the fact that it never ever became any popular makes me think whatever it is must be inactive crap.

edit: I'll probably just remove it from the wiki for now.

I saw some comments on a polish website saying that 50mg was a strong dose, says one guy was hospitalized after taking 70mg if I understand Polish right.

There was confusion there about the structure, too, though. One has the methoxy on the piperidine ring, another has it attached to the methyl, which is odd and I'm pretty sure inaccurate.

Replacing the aryl for a simply alkyl substitution seems very unlikely to work, but they claim it does. I would think at a minimum you'd need a sizeable cycloalkyl group, or maybe a branched alkyl group a la DMAA.

I would be surprised if these hadn't been tested at some point, perhaps in one of the early assessments of the family.