View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

3 dumb fucks and some DXM

boyboy313

Greenlighter
First of all, I don't exactly know where this story belongs, but mods, move it as you please. I believe DXM is a psychedelic drug, though it is a disassociative, so I believe it belongs in this thread. Here it goes.

So 2 months ago, me and my two friends decided to take some DXM and hang out. There was friend A, who had only done DXM twice before, at low doses. Then there was friend B, who also had low tolerance, but had a little more experience than friend A. Then there was me, who had done DXM countless times, and could handle it best. Me and friend B decide to take 450mgs of DXM, simply because we were gonna do some drinking later that night and didn't want to die. Friend A wasn't drinking, so he took 600 mgs. So we take the dxm, and just before the come-up, friend B starts complaining about how hungry he is. I tell him just to wait, as eating would make the DXM take longer to kick in. Now, friend B is the worst possible kind of hungry person: the kind that won't SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW HUNGRY HE IS. For an hour, all I heard was "Dude, let's go get food now. Dude, I need food. Dude, can we go get food yet? Dude, I'm so fucking hungry right now." So finally, the onset starts, and we all decide to walk to a close-by gas station. About half of the way there, we start to feel good: jello legs, airheaded-ness, etc. So we get there, and we are all still coming up. I grab some jalape?o chips and a soda. Now, I only had like 15 bucks, and my friends knew that because I told them, but they started grabbing massive amounts of snacks. Eventually it clicked: they weren't planning to pay for their snacks. So they start shoving snack items into every concealable pocket/crack of their jackets. These guys were so high that friend A was trying to shove 2 cans of Pringles into the front chest pocket of his jacket, not only right in front of a camera, but right in the middle of the isle. And the Pringle cans didn't fit AT ALL in his front chest pocket, but this dumb high ass motherfucker keeps trying to shove it in. Meanwhile, friend B is shoving like 3 or 4 bags of chips under his jacket, bags making hella noise. So I walk to the other aisle, the very end aisle, to get away from them before they get caught. Then, out of nowhere as I am walking down my aisle to the register, 2 cops appear and one of them says "Take it out" while looking at me. At first I thought he was talking to me, but it turns out friend A was behind me, STILL trying to stuff those damn Pringles in that tiny as tight pocket. So he complies, and the cops pats him down while the second cop goes and fetches friend B. So here we are, all in one aisle, all of us scared shitless because our pupils are fucked, with 2 cops about to give it to us. Now, this is where I really regret taking DXM. I could have gotten out of the situation, because I know the official laws and such, as I used to be an avid stealer like friend A and B. Here are 2 ways I could have gotten away, and even possibly got us all out of the situation:

1. I could have said I didn't know them, and said I was about to tell the store clerk when I saw them, and gotten myself out of the pickle.

2. I could have told them we entirely planned on paying for the items, we just were "carrying" them to the register. This could have worked, too, because we technically never passed the point of purchase with the items. But, I was high, and I couldn't even coprehend or analyse the situation enough to think of pulling out that card. On top of it, because of being high, I was scared of using this card on the cops, because store clerks have to follow the law of seeing you pass the point of purchase with the items, but I had no idea if cops needed to see you pass the point of purchase, or simply needed probable cause to stop you. I still am not sure.

But, since I had DXM brain, I didn't think of trying any of these things. So, we ended up getting off with a warning, which was EXTREMELY lucky, having to give them our phone numbers, names, and addresses. We also had to pay for all of the items my dumb friends had concealed, which really sucked because I had to use my emergency gas money to pay, and they had over 40 dollars worth of shit concealed. We also got banned for life from this particular gas station, which also sucked because I go here a lot because it is close to my house. I asked the cop if I could not get a warning, or at very least no get banned from the gas station, but apparently I was an accessory to the crime since I saw them stealing the items.

So after that ordeal, on the way back to friend A's house, I realized that if a warning was on my record, I was fucked. I was trying to get a job at the time, so it totally fuck that up, and possibly future job opportunities as well. So, that anxiety, plus the DXM, made me stress all night. I started calling friends A and B retards, dumbfucks, etc. I ended up drinking later in the night to hopefully make me forget about the whole thing, but it just made it worse. I had a bad trip and could barely sleep that night. It turns out it didn't go on my record, which I found out a week later when I had a job interview and aced it, but I still suffered from extreme anxiety when I had to steal due to a shortage of money. Alltogether, this truly was a DXM horror story, but I'm glad I didn't get arrested. Moral of the story: don't steal in general, but especially don't steal on DXM.

Sorry for your experience, goes to show the importance of good planning.

Can I ask why didn't you go to the shop when you were straight, buy the goodies then wait 'til the DXM kicked in before eating or at least let your mate eat so he could stfu?

Sorry for your experience, goes to show the importance of good planning.

Can I ask why didn't you go to the shop when you were straight, buy the goodies then wait 'til the DXM kicked in before eating or at least let your mate eat so he could stfu?

We thought friend A had food at his house, but he had jack shiet, but we figured that out after we took the DXM.

I'm puzzled at how you would get high as a kite on a dissociative psychedelic with two guys, but would, when sober, even consider pretending you didn't know them rather than just stating that you didn't attempt to hide anything and had enough money on you to pay for what you had taken, and that it was therefore unreasonable to assume you were going to steal as well.
At the same time it's also equally puzzling to me that you didn't attempt to block them ASAP and make drop everything as soon as you realized their intentions especially since that shop is close to your home and you are a regular.

We thought friend A had food at his house, but he had jack shiet, but we figured that out after we took the DXM.

I still don't see how that would prevent you going and getting the food while waiting for the DXM to kick in rather than waiting for it to kick in and THEN go for food.

I don't know how to point out to the two above ^ that trying to fit in (as well as experimenting with DXM) is typical teenager stuff and even normal after that, without seeming a bit condescending..
(though your username has boy in it twice)

..but it seems more constructive anyway to point out that dissociatives like K and DXM remove you from yourself and your body, so doing higher/full dosages isn't necessarily that helpful anyway to do with others in my opinion since any connection is so severed and disjointed.
Probably better to do alone, or - why not - with trusted friends if you are that interesting in experiencing each other fumbling about.

Hopefully this is a lesson learned about trying actual typical psychedelics such as LSD with people you can't rely on... that can go horribly I can tell you. There can be something special about tripping with people you CAN trust but it is also helpful to learn that not all drugs are social like alcohol or weed. And even weed can be difficult if you go the land of paranoia and mortal dread.

DXM is imo terrible to drink on - just like ketamine by the way but not all dissociatives at all dosages - because it is so easy to get extremely dizzy and get nauseous and feel super sick.

Agreed that dissociatives are not social drugs, maybe interaction with super trusted friends is ok but it is my opinion that high doses are just not safe in public.

Alcohol acts as a positive allosteric modulator at NMDA receptors, meaning that it has no activity there on its own, but if take together with a NMDA antagonist like DXM, Ketamine, MXE etc, the action of these drugs on that receptor will be greater.

Also Solipsism, may I ask you what you referred to/meant with the part about trying to fit in being typical behaviour in young people and also common in all stages of life? Which part of this story is about fitting in?

Positive allosteric modulators can have effects of their own because of endogenous ligands for the receptor...

Trying to fit in is part of hanging out and has to do with the whole putting up with people who do shit you don't agree with rather than just being on your own.

I mostly meant it is not *that* surprising that we put up with people, and it is also understandable that it isn't necessarily that obvious to try these drugs on your own when you are figuring shit out together.

I know that I have a very uncommon personality as I never have tried to fit in or put up with people at all.

While being far from thinking everyone should take my example, I think that is reasonable to say that putting up with people as much as in the example of this trip report can have unpleasant consequences that might overweight the advantages.

Food is the last thing you need while on DXM, no appetite and food just makes me nauseous. Also, your friends are idiots. Stealing shit would be the last thing I would think about doing while on DXM.(maybe benzos or alcohol, then I be stealing. I've also stolen quite a bit of DXM from stores in my day, lol) Glad you got off without charges though, but like you said they really can't charge you until you walk the fuck out with it. Before then you can just put the shit back or pay for it. So really all your friends had to say was "oh we were going to pay for it". And why would you think a warning would go on your record like background check wise? Until you're convicted of a crime that shit don't show up, a warning ain't shit.

Food is the last thing you need while on DXM, no appetite and food just makes me nauseous. Also, your friends are idiots. Stealing shit would be the last thing I would think about doing while on DXM.(maybe benzos or alcohol, then I be stealing. I've also stolen quite a bit of DXM from stores in my day, lol) Glad you got off without charges though, but like you said they really can't charge you until you walk the fuck out with it. Before then you can just put the shit back or pay for it. So really all your friends had to say was "oh we were going to pay for it". And why would you think a warning would go on your record like background check wise? Until you're convicted of a crime that shit don't show up, a warning ain't shit.

Yeah, I don't know, I seized up with the cops. I've used the "I was going to pay for this" excuse on store employees and loss prevention people before, but I really was scared of trying to use that excuse, since it's become more clear that cops can do what the fuck they want, including sending me to jail for trying to lie to them. The most depressing thing about the whole experience is that the cops weren't even watching the cameras, they just happened to walk in for a late night coffee or some shit and saw us.

I don't know how to point out to the two above ^ that trying to fit in (as well as experimenting with DXM) is typical teenager stuff and even normal after that, without seeming a bit condescending..
(though your username has boy in it twice)

..but it seems more constructive anyway to point out that dissociatives like K and DXM remove you from yourself and your body, so doing higher/full dosages isn't necessarily that helpful anyway to do with others in my opinion since any connection is so severed and disjointed.
Probably better to do alone, or - why not - with trusted friends if you are that interesting in experiencing each other fumbling about.

Hopefully this is a lesson learned about trying actual typical psychedelics such as LSD with people you can't rely on... that can go horribly I can tell you. There can be something special about tripping with people you CAN trust but it is also helpful to learn that not all drugs are social like alcohol or weed. And even weed can be difficult if you go the land of paranoia and mortal dread.

DXM is imo terrible to drink on - just like ketamine by the way but not all dissociatives at all dosages - because it is so easy to get extremely dizzy and get nauseous and feel super sick.

Yeah I know. I guess I should have chose better friends to do it with, as they are constantly complaining how I'm "not fun to be on dxm with." They clearly don't understand the point of the drug isn't to be social, but because of peer pressure and whatnot, they made me take it to get fucked up, not to have memorable experiences on, hence the drinking.

I still don't see how that would prevent you going and getting the food while waiting for the DXM to kick in rather than waiting for it to kick in and THEN go for food.

We didn't want to eat and make the DXM take longer to kick in.

We didn't want to eat and make the DXM take longer to kick in.

I understand that, but you could have gone to the shop (which would have killed the waiting for the onset). Then buy the food , (which would have past off peacefully and not cause all the fallout) and then back to your place, enjoy the onset and when you are ready then eat.

On the plus side it's not on your record

^ That's exactly what I am trying to say.

My bad for the misunderstanding. I knew that if we went to get food and attempted to bring it back, friend B would eat it on the way back, and ruin the onset of his high. I swear I have to babysit these two guys.

Those guys clearly cannot handle or even understand DXM, I suggest you avoid being in their company while they are high.
It seems very likely they will cause various inconveniences like ruin the mood and get the police involved.