• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 3 days of using enough for w/d && relapse?

pillum

Greenlighter
hello, I'm new here, I hope this is the right place to ask. so long story short I've been addicted to opioids for 6 years and I used dhc,tramadol and oxy daily (not all of them at once, I had periods in which I switched from one to another). 2 months ago I kicked the habit CT.

the last 3 days including today I did some low doses of tramadol (200mg) + 150mg of codeine, I don't have plans to continue using, I just had some pain so I did the stupid choice of using for the pain.

will these 3 days get me back to square one in terms of withdrawal? in the last 2 weeks I was already feeling normal aside from some low energy here and there, almost no PAWS really. today I dosed my last pills and I don't plan to acquire more at all. in my experience over the years I observed that it takes a really short amount of time using to get back into w/d comparing to the old times.

Last edited:
I always experience some form of ahedonia if I'm clean for a while and then return briefly like you did. You won't experience withdrawal but for the next two days or so if you do not use again you might feel like a robot. It's very brief however (a day or two max of feeling blank)

If you have a history of addiction I recommend continuing to use like this at the worst, because it's too easy to be tempted to doing it on a daily basis again. 1 year of returning like this for very brief periods of time and inevitably I just returned back into a daily habit. Everyone's different but you're kind of flirting with old habits.

It could cause withdrawal, yes. That's why OTC products with opioids say "Warning: Can cause addiction. Use for 3 days only".
Depending on the individual, opioid dependency usually takes anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks of daily use, but it happens much faster if you have been previously dependent.