• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 2MG Etizolam Truly Equal To 1MG Xanax.

Echotango

Bluelighter
So I am wondering if it is how they FEEL both the same at that Dose or if that is the Dose to Prevent Withdrawal does anyone even really know being mostly a RC Benzo. I did find some Research saying it is equally good at providing Anxiety Relief at the same Dose as Alprazolam.

They are approximately equipotent, but etizolam seems to have less of an effect on the A1 GABAA subunit so I would expect less sedative effects as well as less memory impairment. I have not ever had etizolam though so I may not be the best to answer how it actually feels.

So 1MG should Equal 1MG if one were to try testing it out slowly over time instead of Xanax?

Somewhat. They both are about 10x the potency of valium. But the effects will differ slighty as etizolam is a thienodizapine and alprazolam is a triazolobenzodiazepine. Etizolam isnt a true "benzo". I would start low, .25mg maybe, and work your way up so you can get an idea of how it feels before just assuming it's virtually the same. Like I said I have not tried it and would be cautious before taking it. Many others here have and still do take it so they will be better suited to help you with the question about how it actually feels in comparison to xanax.

So why do I read about it being 2MG Etizolam Per 1MG in every Thread I look at. Is there a better Sub-Forum for a more technical answer as to how different they are and why people are saying 2MG = 1MG with basically no one saying 1MG Etizolam is equal to Xanax. It just has my curiosity peaked now I won't be able to itch that scratch until I figure it out if ya feel Me by what I mean.

This has the info on etizolam. It is 6-10x the potency of diazepam. Alprazolam is 10x as potent as diazepam. So in theory a dose of 2mg of etizolam is equal to 1.2mg-2mg of alprazolam.

Although Tripsit says 1mg of etizolam is equal to .5mg of alprazolam.

Attachments

• etizolam.pdf
    175.2 KB · Views: 4
If it's not a benzo then how the he'll does it cause false positives on lab drug tests and quick cup?

Last edited:
They are NOT equipotent

1mg of Etizolam is approximately equal to 0.5mg of Alprazolam (Xanax)

Etizolam 0.5mg is identical to Xanax 0.25mg

Etizolam has less a1 subunit activity than Alprazolam (a less sedating version of Xanax) and is highly selective to the a2 subunit, specifically responsible for anxiolytic action (anti-anxiety effects)

for me its half as potent as xanax and clonazepam. xanax and clonazepam i can switch out mg for mg, but etizolam I usually double my dose or a bit less. like if I was on 4 mg of xanax a day, I could probably maintain on 6 mg of etizolam per day

From my experience Etizolam is nothing like Xanax. As @Dextro .45 has already mentioned it is much less sedating and more anxiolytic than Xanax. I find it more similar to Diazepam in that regard.

I find it induces amnesia just as reliably as xanax as well and around the same dosage, anything I would not at all be surprised if someone without a tolerance blacked out on 4-5 mg of etizolam. thats about how much xanax id expect to black out a benzo naive individual as well

If it's not a benzo then how the he'll does it cause false positives on lab drug tests and quick cup?

Lol....me too.

I’m a regular user of Etizolam and am on Methadone Maintenance ....my urine test trips always come back benzo positive. This is covered in the thread I started: Etizolam - half life, active metabolites and detection of use.

It’s not a false positive....it’s a positive.

Just because its benzene ring was replaced with a thiophene ring ....it still features a diazepine structure, which the test strip is reacting to causing a positive result for benzodiazepines (even though technically it isn’t a true benzo).

Last edited:
Etizolam is probably the best anxiolytic on the market....regarding speed of onset, safety profile, tolerance/addiction liability, subunit selectivity, etc.

Many compare it to a less sedating version of Alprazolam (Xanax). With Etizolam you’re more mentally alert and it’s potent & rapid acting also displaying antidepressants properties (as well as Alprazolam)

1mg of Etizolam is equal to approximately 0.5mg of Alprazolam, also kicks in faster and no groggy after effects day after. Often it has a pleasant afterglow the next day with Etizolam, perhaps it’s antidepressant effects.

I have both Alprazolam & Etizolam and I can honestly say I prefer Etizolam 0.5mg as a rapid acting potent anxiolytic.

I believe we talked about this in another thread dextro. my clinic doesnt seem to detect etizolam, even when abused in heavy dosages. Ive been on only etizolam and passed for a long time until i began having to use benzos like clonazepam and lorazepam to fill the gaps between etiz orders, and eventually got a clonazepam Rx.

My friend got questioned at the clinic as he is prescribed I believe 2 mg of clonazepam per day. they actually must have sent his urine away for deeper analysis because one day the doctor actually asked him "why is there etizolam along with clonazepam in your system?"

Also I was in the hospital, and had a urine test and blood work done....I hadnt taken my Rx clonazepam in some time and had been using etizolam as I had bought a few grams so I was using it as a replacement since I find it produces more euphoria and anti anxiety effects for me in comparison to Kpin. but the doctors were asking why I had no benzodiazepines in my urine and blood. I assured them it must have been some sort of mistake as I had an Rx for 2 mg of clonazepam per day at the time and had the bottle with the medication to prove it. I even counted the days that should have been missing and removed them so it looked like id been taking them. but they said I tested negative for benzos entirely

So im totally confused about it. it seems like its down to the individual. I personally dont pop positive from etizolam, but it appears some do. weird stuff

Yes we had this discussion...

I too am confused. I believe you, what happened with your story and all....then Gearhead19 posted why does it give a false positive when he took Etizolam....and me too, I test positive for benzo on Etizolam

Could different test strip manufacturers be made to react to different parts of the benzodiazepine structure?

like in your case at the hospital, you were given a more professional test....while me and Gearhead19 got tested with a less complexed test trip that is just reacting to the diazepine structure causing a positive result?

I wonder what the actual reason is ???