View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2CE extended duration

B9

Bluelight Crew
Usually when I take 2CE it hits 'properly' after about an hour & then the main event lasts around another 6 hours with a very definite dropping off period at T +7.00(ish).
Today the usual pattern emerged - however 7 hours after ingestion there was no discernible reduction in effects. In fact it has taken almost 12 hours to begin to feel that the effects are subsiding. Now then I had consumed a good amount of dihydrocodeine in the hours leading up to taking the 2CE & was wondering if the 2CE metabolisation may have been affected in some way by the dihydrocodeine - I'm speculating that if a similar/same enzyme were used for metabolising both drugs or they are disposed of/metabolised using the same route then that could well account for the discrepancy in the timeline. :)

I don't know how much is definitively known about the metabolism of 2c-e in humans, but if its metabolised by CYP3A4 or CYP3A5, you could possibly be experiencing something akin to the potentiation of various substances by grapefruit juice. As the above mentioned enzymes are known to metabolize opiates, if they are also responsible for metabolizing 2c-e (which is possible, as they're believed to be involved in the metabolism of some other phenethylamines) the enzymes could have been occupied with the dihydrocodeine, thus not able to act on the 2c-e in the way they normally do. Obviously i have no idea if this is correct, but I think it may be a reasonable guess. If i'm definitely wrong someone please tell me

Bumped - purely out of self interest.

Did you consume the 2C-E on an empty stomach? I did this once after not tripping for a few weeks / not eating for almost 24 hours and I had a similar prolonged peak.

honestly 2c-e lasts 10-12hrs for me normally. There's certainly a reduction in effects at around 8hrs, but still definitely quite noticeable in the 10-12hr range.

Also, just read an article abstract partially regarding 2c-e metabolism, unfortunately it was in regards to drug testing :( anyway, here comes the science: "(2C-E) was found to be mainly metabolized in rats by O-demethylation, N-acetylation, hydroxylation of the ethyl side chain at C2′ or at C1′ followed by oxidation at C1′ to the corresponding ketone, by deamination followed by reduction to the corresponding alcohols or by oxidation to the corresponding acids, and finally combinations of these steps."

Opiates are demethylated by CYP3A4 & 5, and i believe NAT2 is the chief N-acetylation enzyme in the liver, so its quite possible that if these drugs are metabolized via the same pathways, exposure to a large dose of one may occupy this metabolic pathway, thus causing the second one to be administered to have a noticeably longer duration. How much DHC did you take, if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT:Theobold & Maurer 2c-e abstract

Last edited:
honestly 2c-e lasts 10-12hrs for me normally. There's certainly a reduction in effects at around 8hrs, but still definitely quite noticeable in the 10-12hr range.

Same here anything over 20 mgs always lasts a similar time frame.

I, too, generally experience 2C-E at 10-12 hours, depending on dose. Maybe as little as 8 sometimes.

I took @20 mgs and although I say a "marked drop off" around the 7 hour point this isn't to suggest I'm back to baseline - far from it - a sort of hyperstimulation kicks in & any visuals and standard psychedelic effects are completely taken over by a feeling of joyous excitement - this completely clear headed thinking & enthusiam can be applied to mostly anything I may choose to do. I've always had this effect profile & am aware that others don't seem to be affected in the same way as I am.
The amount of DHC consumed was not recorded but it'd have been at least 250mgs + & maybe then some - I had eaten plentifully throughout the evening as per usual ;) - although this was over a period of several hours before trying to sleep.
I went to bed around 05.00. Oddly enough I couldn't sleep so at about 08.00 I took the 20mg of 2CE. The 2CE delivered beautifully - I'd forgotton just how lovely this chemical can be - any stomach issues were settled quickly by walking the dogs for 30 minutes. The next few hours were spent in bed with my wife listening to rock radio stations talking & etc. Eventually I decided to get up around 14.00 expecting that'd I'd be down enough to be fully functional for household duties ( merrily shopping 8)) - I was mistaken & found I was only fit to drive at around 20.00 hours. I've taken higher doses of 2CE & not encountered this scenario before - the only logical explanation I can imagine is that the metabolism was in some way inhibited by the excess DHC - a complete guess on my on part of course - was just hoping a passing genius whose field may include metabolisation of drugs might have been casually passing & have been kind enough to show an interest.
Many thanks to those who have already replied to my thread your input is much appreciated <3

I'd suspect that would be enough DHC to jam up your CYP3A4 & 5, and since it was ingested over a period of several hours, some had certainly been demethylated & was on to the N-acetylation stage, thus potentially occupying a substantial portion of your NAT2 as well.

Being that I have some 2c-e & like opiates, I'm gonna try and replicate this, if for nothing else a good time & my own edification.