View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2cb versus lsd

KyngCasey

Greenlighter
So lsd is my favorite hallucinogen I've tried so far out of lsd, lsa, weed, shrooms, DXM and Molly (if you want to consider that a hallucinogen, I don't). I will be trying Dmt and mescaline soon as well. But I wanted to know what you guys prefer, I've heard people say that 2cb is like a combo of lsd and an empathogen. I really like the feeling of empathy and love for all those around me like I have on mdma and I also really like to trip on acid. It's unlikely I'll be able to find anyone with 2cb near me but I'd just like to be prepared if the possibility ever arises.

1.) so is it true that 2cb is like lsd mixed with an empathogen?
2.) what do you guys prefer, lsd or 2cb?
3.) is taking 2cb going to have more risks than taking lsd?
4.) is it more likely to have a bad trip on 2cb? (I have never had a bad trip on lsd since I'm smart about when and where I take hallucinogens)

1) I don't find it to be like that. Or maybe it's a bit true, but a poor description. 2cb is a phenethylamine and that has a certain feel to it, which MDMA and other empathogens share to some extent.
2) I prefer LSD, but it can be good to try new things. I don't think there are a lot of people out there who prefer 2cb to LSD, but there are certainly a lot of people who love 2cb and might put it in it's own category, neither above nor below LSD.
3) Not really. Maybe a little bit more risk, but they are both so safe. Nonetheless you should always practice safety around these substances, know your dose, your source, make sure the drug is what it is purported to be.
4) Probably not.

1. no, in my personal experience, not at all. 2. each has it's own merits, but I much prefer LSD. 3. there's not much in the way of hard evidence to say so, but as a personal anecdote, I developed HPPD from using 2c-b just a few times in a month, and I've never had any such issues from LSD, psilocybin, DMT or mescaline. 4. again, this is gonna vary a lot from person to person. in my experience 2c-b was a much less psychologically demanding trip (it never caused me to have the sometimes painful powerful revelations, relating to myself or my life, that the classical psychedelics have), in this sense it almost seemed like an 'easy' or 'recreational' trip at times. unfortunately though many of my 2c-b trips instead came loaded with a powerful sense of anxiety, and unpleasant body-load. for this reason (and the HPPD issues) I stopped using it, and both prior to having issues with it and since, I always preferred the classics. PS sorry about formatting, when I post from my desktop PC bluelight wont allow me to create new lines.

Last edited:
Some of my friends greatly prefer 2cb over LSD just because they want a recreational fun trip and acid makes them anxious. I would rank it ever so slightly below LSD. The visuals you can get when you push the dose are simply incredible, while retaining a clear mind. It's good stuff. Easier to sleep after a 2cb trip than acid too.

First of all, if you haven't already, I'd welcome you to read what the creator of 2c-b has to say about it: https://erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal020.shtml

Now your questions:
1.) so is it true that 2cb is like lsd mixed with an empathogen? I'd rather say 2c-b is like the visual/auditory/etc effects of lsd with a clearer mindspace and a shorter trip
2.) what do you guys prefer, lsd or 2cb? It depends. For a music festival, with thousands of people who might give me social anxiety, I prefer 2c-b. At home, I prefer lsd or other 2c's (for example 2c-e can be musically beautiful with a deeper, more spiritual trip than 2c-b)

4.) is it more likely to have a bad trip on 2cb? (I have never had a bad trip on lsd since I'm smart about when and where I take hallucinogens)
To me, it's less likely. To you, I can't tell. I'd like to add that on a common/strong psychedelic trip, even if you're smart about set/setting, the possibility of bad moments is always there... not the kind of bad trip that will take you to ER, but the kind of hard moments when you challenge deep issues. My friend used to say psychedelics can help you "clean the dirt that's under the carpet", while big-pharma antidepressants often just sweep it under the carpet more and more.