• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines 2cb can be toxic for the body at high dose ?

Thrax

Bluelighter
Last night, I took large amount of lsd with 5 pills of 2cb in addiction.

Didn't you know if the 2cb at high dose can be physically dangerous ?

that too yes, but also its not a nice feeling in any way to take such high dose and hard for ur body ... if y want to take huge doses of psychs, id say stick to shrooms and lsd

Unless you are taking obscene dosages (300mg+) or injecting, in which case the vasoconstriction and other peripheral side effects can get nasty, then you are fine.

2CB has a very good safety profile. How many milligrams of 2CB did you take? 5 pills seems like a lot but not enough to even reach the LD50

As the pills I had were dosed at around 10-12 mg.

I had to consume between 50-60 mg.

50-60mg is a lot, but I'd venture that's a safe dose for most people. But i would caution to not take it too much higher, most substances have a limit.

Some people are 2C hardheads sadly. I have a couple friends that tale similar doses.

I'm super sensitive to it, and once i had a scale malfunction and took more than i meant. It sucked. Could not talk, could not dance, it was just too intense.

Also, there was someone in New Zealand that had a brain aneurysm, however, the patient was a long time methamphetamine user however it was not used in conjunction with the 2C-B.
Also they never tested the 2C-B, so it could have been something else.

I'm super sensitive to it, and once i had a scale malfunction and took more than i meant. It sucked. Could not talk, could not dance, it was just too intense.
If one is going to weigh out something to that scale of accuracy it is a good thing to have a standard weight within that scale range and weigh that first as a check. The proceed and weigh out the substance with confidence. 👍

If one is going to weigh out something to that scale of accuracy it is a good thing to have a standard weight within that scale range and weigh that first as a check. The proceed and weigh out the substance with confidence. 👍
Honestly not a bad idea to recalibrate before weighing, i agree. Typically, i will make a solution of it using a larger amount, lot safer than making individual doses.

EVERYTHING is toxic, given enough of a dose, even water. If you'renot getting the effects required from 2C-B, consider something more immersive like 2C-E, but at sensible doses.
Main problem with 2C-B at high doses (50mg+), is danger of bad trip.

As the pills I had were dosed at around 10-12 mg.

I had to consume between 50-60 mg.
2-CB is only a partial 5HT2a agonist unlike the ##-NBOMe family that are full agonists and cause severe and frequently fatal peripheral vasoconstriction.

EVERYTHING is toxic, given enough of a dose, even water.
Completely FALSE.

In order to be a toxin a substance must be a poison or a venom, water is neither.

WATER IS NOT TOXIC REGARDLESS OF DOSE.

You don't die from the water, you die from diluting your body's electrolyte levels. In the same way as if you didn't consume potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, chloride and phosphorus for a significant amount of time.

In fact, the technical term that you die from because of drinking too much water is hyponatremia, which literally means not enough sodium.

Nitrogen, and argon, are another two examples of things that will kill you at a high enough dose but are non-toxic.

You die from asphyxiation because you can't breathe either one when they displace the oxygen in your lungs and your blood.

Last edited:
Completely FALSE.

In order to be a toxin a substance must be a poison or a venom, water is neither.

You don't die from the water, you die from diluting your body's electrolyte levels. In the same way as if you didn't consume potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, chloride and phosphorus for a significant amount of time.

In fact, the technical term that you die from because of drinking too much water is hyponatremia, which literally means not enough sodium.

Nitrogen, and argon, are another two examples of things that will kill you at a high enough dose but are non-toxic.

You die from asphyxiation because you can't breathe either one when they displace the oxygen in your lungs and your blood.
While absolutely true, i think F&B was just noting that anything can be dangerous, given a high enough dose.

I heard some false info on the street today. "If you take 2cb everyday, youll develop certain necrosis"

Afaik totally false, tho i do not recommend taking any substance every day. It was brought up in regard to a friend i have, he takes it almost every day, but almost in a microdose style. Generally 5-10mg

While absolutely true, i think F&B was just noting that anything can be dangerous, given a high enough dose.

I heard some false info on the street today. "If you take 2cb everyday, youll develop certain necrosis"

Afaik totally false, tho i do not recommend taking any substance every day. It was brought up in regard to a friend i have, he takes it almost every day, but almost in a microdose style. Generally 5-10mg

Yes, pretty much totally false, unless you're extremely sensitive to the vasoconstrictive effects of partial 5-HT2a agonists, and don't take an alpha blocker to cope

Now I wouldn't call 5 to 10 mg of 2cb microdosing considering 10 mg is an actual good trippy dose for a lot of people. Microdosing 2-CB would be 500 micrograms to a milligram.

What would probably start to cause issues with circulation and possibly necrosis, (if you didn't die) would be daily use of things like bromo-dragonfly, many of the NBOMe family, DOB; any of the psychedelic substituted (halogenated) phenyethylamines THAT ACT AS FULL AGONISTS AT THE 5-HT2A receptor especially those I specifically mentioned have resulted in fatal peripheral vasoconstriction.

It's interesting to note that there are 5-HT2A serotonin receptors all throughout your blood vessels, and when agonized they result in severe vasoconstriction. Some of the best hypertensive medications while being either alpha adrenergic or beta adrenergic or a combination are also 5-HT2a antagonists.

Of even more interest is ondansetron (a 5-HT3 antagonist) which is commonly used to combat nausea when taking MDMA, can actually prevent systolic hypotension caused by anesthesia. However, it doesn't seem to cause hypertension.

Tolazoline is an extremely safe alpha adrenergic vasodilator that has been used to rescue people from serious psychedelic vasoconstrictive episodes. However It is an IV drug.

Just to prevent any vascular damage since your friend is continually taking 2-CB (which does raise blood pressure), you may want to talk to your friend about finding a good oral.alpha or alpha-beta blocker that has a low side effect profile and won't dampen the serotonergic effects of 2-CB.

Last edited:
Your milligram scale should have come with calibration weights.

I know mine did.
Agreed stupid mistake but in this case consequences were just a way strong trip. Coulda been a lot worse. Could have been weighing 2C-E

Completely FALSE.

Toxic in the sense that if you ingest enough of it, it will kill you (regardless of how it achieves death). Water does it by causing the brain to swell, because of osmosis in the neurone cells. Even oxygen is toxic because of the formation of free radicles that destroy cells
Another example: sodium chloride is an essential part of the diet (neither a poison or a toxin), but get too much and you will die. The closely related potassium chloride, while equally essential to healthy body function, is toxic in high doses. In fact it is the method of execution in lethal injection.
Life is a balance of lots of chemical which are essential to life, but severely imbalance one and you get death...

Last edited: